Bible Pay

Read 302869 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Also podc I think we could simplify by no team requirement and just require ^1.3. all bounce user needs to do is register their cpk. Wcg.rac just needs cpid and rac. Open it up. That will encourage more Bbp staking.

Probably not a bad idea, given everything we know at this point.  In that we only grew to 54 researchers since PODC 2.0 launched.

And, we need to take Talismans suggestion into account also (higher exponent or the same exponent).

I would like to encourage people to help in testnet, so that we can implement coin-age voting in the core wallet also.

Let me look into creating a poll for this.

And Ill add an item to my todo list now to look into binary storage for RAC.  Maybe we can load all the RAC in for all of WCG at once.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 08:35:45 AM by Rob Andrews »

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
Not trying to add more work... I guess if everything is left alone, just a change of non-BBP team can also become ^1.3 ... it has the net effect of attracting other BOINC users.

Probably not a bad idea, given everything we know at this point.  In that we only grew to 54 researchers since PODC 2.0 launched.

And, we need to take Talismans suggestion into account also (higher exponent or the same exponent).

I would like to encourage people to help in testnet, so that we can implement coin-age voting in the core wallet also.

Let me look into creating a poll for this.

And Ill add an item to my todo list now to look into binary storage for RAC.  Maybe we can load all the RAC in for all of WCG at once.
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
I support PODC simplification, but I would suggest an even greater coefficient. Small contributors would not be hurt, but running a cpu farm will become very costly. If big boys insist on keeping their places in the leaderboard, so be it - we would have more BBP staked for PODC earnings.

Also podc I think we could simplify by no team requirement and just require ^1.3. all bounce user needs to do is register their cpk. Wcg.rac just needs cpid and rac. Open it up. That will encourage more Bbp staking.

I guess I had a slight memory lapse and just realized, during our last poll, we did open up PODC 2.0 to everyone.
Let me reaffirm the parameters with everyone here that are currently live in prod:

- All teams are currently Welcome and can join PODC
- We Require you to have > 256 RAC if you are not on BiblePays team (on BBP, you can have any rac > 1)
- We require a 1.3 exponent for BBP RAC
- We require a 1.6 exponent for non-biblepay rac

Just to double check things, I searched a few CPIDs and let me provide some examples:

This researcher 923b49353af748c0c4006d4051bbf04d is not on Gridcoin or BiblePay, and requires 183,180 coin-age for his 1946 RAC (^1.6)
This researcher, 92257a71c0d0379cf559b9928010cfa6, is in Gridcoin, and requires 3,896,605 coin-age for 13,157 rac (^1.6).
This researcher, 40c30af534b3f08356d776677af8b28a, is in BBP, and requires 5881 coin-age for 793 rac (1.3).

I confirm we have configuration 0 in prod (this is smartcontract-server line 76).

So it appears we are pretty welcoming already to everyone.

I wonder if there is anything else we need to do?
On a side note, I recently lowered the minimum RAC to 90 in test (for non-biblepay teams), and I will be testing that and if it succeeds we can make that change (which simply means non-bbp researchers will be paid if they have more than 90 rac and enough stake).

And just to confirm my commitment with PODC:
I think PODC is still a gem that helps set us apart from the crowd, in that we offer humanitarian computing-- and we help cure cancer.

During the next sanctuary vote (for subsidy changes), I only intend to vote on releasing the charity component of our monthly governance superblock to the coinbase (this would give the sanctuaries a higher reward)- because they will be paying the charity going forward (after September mandatory upgrade).  I do not intend to vote to lower the PODC GSC budget percentage.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 05:14:52 PM by Rob Andrews »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Do we have any Spanish speaking members that will review our Spanish Forum OP post?

https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=576.0

And also, please comment on our Spanish Roadmap?

https://wiki.biblepay.org/Roadmap_Spanish

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

more
My Sponsored Orphan(s) Payment Report

could we have it sort by payment date (descending)?  I noticed payments went out 7/6/2020 for my three kids.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
My Sponsored Orphan(s) Payment Report

could we have it sort by payment date (descending)?  I noticed payments went out 7/6/2020 for my three kids.

Are you offering a bounty?

Why 30 point type?

« Last Edit: July 28, 2020, 04:47:25 PM by Rob Andrews »

• coinsinspect

• July 25, 2018, 09:03:51 AM
    more
Hi Rob,
I am getting this today, nothing changed on my side:
Code: [Select]
{
"Command": "rac",
"cpid": "b0d53dbe05be041a1539606b610d34aa",
"temporary_cpid": "b0d53dbe05be041a1539606b610d34aa",
"Error": "Your CPID is linked to your CPK, but we are unable to find your research records in WCG; most likely because you are not in team Bible Pay yet.",
"Step 1": "Log into your WCG account at 'worldcommunitygrid.org' with your WCG E-mail address and WCG password.",
"Step 2": "Click Settings | My Profile. Record your 'Username' and 'Verification Code' and your 'CPID' (Cross-Project-ID).",
"Step 3": "Click Settings | Data Sharing. Ensure the 'Display my Data' radio button is selected. Click Save. ",
"Step 4": "Click My Contribution | My Team. If you are not part of Team 'BIBLE PAY' click Join Team | Search | Bible Pay | Select Bible Pay | Click Join Team | Save.",
"Step 5": "NOTE: After choosing your team, and starting your research, please give WCG 24 hours for the CPID to propagate into BBP. In the mean time you can start Boinc research - and ensure the computer is performing WCG tasks. ",
"Step 6": "From our RPC console, type, exec associate YourWorldCommunityGridUserName YourWorldCommunityGridVerificationCode",
"Step 7": "Wait for 5 blocks to pass. Then type 'exec rac' again, and see if you are linked! ",
"Step 8": "Once you are linked you will receive daily rewards. Please read about our minimum stake requirements per RAC here: wiki.biblepay.org/PODC"
}

Hi Rob,
This doesn't stop for the last 3 days.

• coinsinspect

more
Hi Rob,
I also didn't received PODC payment in the last days.
And I am not in leaderboard.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Hi Rob,

Hmm, it almost sounds like maybe your biblepay.conf got erased or something.
Lets confirm a few things.
First, if you erase the debug.log, and restart the core wallet, and wait about a minute, look in the debug.log and see if it says LoadResearchers::Processed nnnnnn CPIDs.  Should be 32,000 in there.

Next test:
exec rac b0d53dbe05be041a1539606b610d34aa
This should show CPK BEr8J* (as I see you are linked in the chain correctly).
If it does, go to File | Receiving addresses and verify that CPK actually matches your CPK.

Last test:
exec boinc1
Verify your wallet spends 1 bbp from your CPK successfully.

One of these things should reveal the problem.

• MIP

• February 13, 2018, 11:55:52 AM
    more
Do we have any Spanish speaking members that will review our Spanish Forum OP post?

https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=576.0

Spanish Forum OP post is nice.

There is only a minor typo here
"Minerķa combinada RandomX prove a los mineros"
it should add an "e" to "prove":
"Minerķa combinada RandomX provee a los mineros"

The rest if correct.

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

more
Are you offering a bounty?

Why 30 point type?

Sorry about the 30 point type. I think that's what point type on the foundation page is and I just did a copy & paste from my mac. It wasn't intentional, but I didn't see it until I posted it... and I can't edit posts so it just stayed.

How much are you asking for a SQL order by change? I just thought it'd be good for any orphan sponsors involved. Of course, it is low priority since the page works already.

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

more
I also didn't received PODC payment in the last days.
And I am not in leaderboard.

same thing happened to me last month. i quit the wallet and erased the SAN folder inside BiblePay data folder. I also erased wcg.rac .  restart wallet. I think my computer corrupted a file somewhere and had to clear them out for biblepay network to send me good uncorrupt files.

• coinsinspect

more
Hmm, it almost sounds like maybe your biblepay.conf got erased or something.
Lets confirm a few things.
First, if you erase the debug.log, and restart the core wallet, and wait about a minute, look in the debug.log and see if it says LoadResearchers::Processed nnnnnn CPIDs.  Should be 32,000 in there.

Next test:
exec rac b0d53dbe05be041a1539606b610d34aa
This should show CPK BEr8J* (as I see you are linked in the chain correctly).
If it does, go to File | Receiving addresses and verify that CPK actually matches your CPK.

Last test:
exec boinc1
Verify your wallet spends 1 bbp from your CPK successfully.

One of these things should reveal the problem.
Hi Rob,
I send you PM with my private information.

same thing happened to me last month. i quit the wallet and erased the SAN folder inside BiblePay data folder. I also erased wcg.rac .  restart wallet. I think my computer corrupted a file somewhere and had to clear them out for biblepay network to send me good uncorrupt files.
Hi Sun,
I tried also to delete all files and it didn't help.

Spanish Forum OP post is nice.

There is only a minor typo here
"Minerķa combinada RandomX prove a los mineros"
it should add an "e" to "prove":
"Minerķa combinada RandomX provee a los mineros"

The rest if correct.

Hi Mr.MIP, may God bless you. I am elyelma, I am the responsible for the Spanish Translation. You're absolutely right! I don't know when I've missed thie "e", maybe the autocorrector (It changed it again in here when I wrote to "prove") - it is in fact "provee" - I have corrected it. Please let me know if you find any other situation. Thank you very much for the proofreading.

Best regards,

E.V.

• coinsinspect

more
Hi Rob,
I send you PM with my private information.

Hi Sun,
I tried also to delete all files and it didn't help.

Rob,
Many thanks for your excellent support!
We narrow the problem to the fact that I cannot get information for "exec price".
You suggested that I have network issues with SSL.

I ran the following command :
curl https://foundation.biblepay.org
And indeed, I saw that the ISP added a cyber protection that blocked this communications.
I asked my ISP to disable this, and indeed all is fixed, including "exec rac"

;D