Bible Pay

Read 93251 times

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
Re: TestNet Testing Thread - Test IPFS Integration (Decentralized IP File System)
« Reply #180 on: September 26, 2018, 08:27:41 AM »
Sanctuary set up, PRE_ENABLED

I clicked Business Objects menu and was able to click around Contacts and Gospels and was able to open Gospel link

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
Re: TestNet Testing Thread - Test IPFS Integration (Decentralized IP File System)
« Reply #181 on: September 26, 2018, 10:26:53 AM »
Wow! I was gone for two days and a lot has happened  :o

My findings:
'Current tasks' shows correctly in the wallet.

About the buttons in the 'Distributed Computing' tab:
Maybe we can change them a bit to make them more clear. Maybe something like:
-Attach existing R@H account
-Create and attach new R@H account
-Run R@H diagnostics

Maybe even put the 'Create and attach new R@H account' button first, because if we do the installation from the wallet, that's the button most new users will use.

On this computer, BOINC and the wallet were already installed and running:

Code: [Select]
Boinc Installed: Yes
Rosetta_Account: 3e10121b68e0279c03dcc38a113a32d6
Rosetta_RAC: 214.02
CPID: c852da1a620ad630b70c8ec1ccdee366

This CPID was on a non-BiblePay Team (Russian Team), and the rewards indeed seem to have droppen 10%. They used to be around 130 and they are now around 117.

I've now changed it to Team BiblePay and will see if it will pay out 100% in the future (instead of the 90% now).

Lastly, the latest Windows version currently online doesn't have the added buttons in the 'Distributed Computing' tab yet. I don't know if the windows wallet is still on 'c'?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #182 on: September 26, 2018, 04:56:22 PM »
Wow! I was gone for two days and a lot has happened  :o

My findings:
'Current tasks' shows correctly in the wallet.

About the buttons in the 'Distributed Computing' tab:
Maybe we can change them a bit to make them more clear. Maybe something like:
-Attach existing R@H account
-Create and attach new R@H account
-Run R@H diagnostics

Maybe even put the 'Create and attach new R@H account' button first, because if we do the installation from the wallet, that's the button most new users will use.

On this computer, BOINC and the wallet were already installed and running:

Code: [Select]
Boinc Installed: Yes
Rosetta_Account: 3e10121b68e0279c03dcc38a113a32d6
Rosetta_RAC: 214.02
CPID: c852da1a620ad630b70c8ec1ccdee366

This CPID was on a non-BiblePay Team (Russian Team), and the rewards indeed seem to have droppen 10%. They used to be around 130 and they are now around 117.

I've now changed it to Team BiblePay and will see if it will pay out 100% in the future (instead of the 90% now).

Lastly, the latest Windows version currently online doesn't have the added buttons in the 'Distributed Computing' tab yet. I don't know if the windows wallet is still on 'c'?

Good, Im glad most of your tests passed!

Yeah, I think the button captions could use a little improvement.  I changed the "Add me as a researcher" to "Associate Researcher CPID with BiblePay" (thats because I didnt want people to confuse attaching a project with attaching biblepay.  I still left it first in the order- only because I feel we will have half who already have CPIDs and they just want to associate the wallet.  The newbies will have to know to do Create then Associate.  I recaptioned the Diag button to "Run R@H Diagnostics".    This will be in the next version however.

Regarding it not being there, yes, your right but since we had this emergency release today, now 1.1.5.6 is out there.  So now you can try the buttons in windows (with the old captions :)...

Great on the RAC change!

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #183 on: September 27, 2018, 09:32:50 AM »
Testing from a clean Windows 10 PC.

Push button: 'Create and Attach R@H Account'
Popup says:
Boinc is not installed. Please run 'sudo apt-get install boincmgr boinc.

Of course, you already discussed the Linux part of things with Tigo, but I'm on Windows now. So I guess the popup should also say something about installing BOINC on Windows.

Anyway, I installed BOINC but didn't run it yet, and tried the button again. The same 'Boinc not installed' popup showed. I launched BOINC and hit the button again and the wallet started a proces. It was a succes! Very awesome! Absolutely.

The wallet created the account, Boinc started downloading tasks immediately and is crunching away now.

And is my assertion correct that you don't need any BBP in your wallet to start mining this way? Of course you need it for staking (at least for now). I sent 1000 BBP to my wallet just in case, but I don't the the 1 BBP transaction you would normally see when attaching your account to the blockchain. The wallet doesn't show my CPID yet, but it hasn't been 6 blocks yet. I will check again later...
EDIT: more than six blocks have passed and the wallet still doesn't show my CPID. So I guess something went wrong? If I can do anything to troubleshoot, please let me know :)

« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 10:11:09 AM by jaapgvk »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #184 on: September 27, 2018, 11:38:01 AM »
Testing from a clean Windows 10 PC.

Push button: 'Create and Attach R@H Account'
Popup says:
Of course, you already discussed the Linux part of things with Tigo, but I'm on Windows now. So I guess the popup should also say something about installing BOINC on Windows.

Anyway, I installed BOINC but didn't run it yet, and tried the button again. The same 'Boinc not installed' popup showed. I launched BOINC and hit the button again and the wallet started a proces. It was a succes! Very awesome! Absolutely.

The wallet created the account, Boinc started downloading tasks immediately and is crunching away now.

And is my assertion correct that you don't need any BBP in your wallet to start mining this way? Of course you need it for staking (at least for now). I sent 1000 BBP to my wallet just in case, but I don't the the 1 BBP transaction you would normally see when attaching your account to the blockchain. The wallet doesn't show my CPID yet, but it hasn't been 6 blocks yet. I will check again later...
EDIT: more than six blocks have passed and the wallet still doesn't show my CPID. So I guess something went wrong? If I can do anything to troubleshoot, please let me know :)

Hi Jaap,

Thats awesome on the Windows test for Create New Account!  Great, we are close.
Hmm, thats very interesting the 'associate researcher with biblepay' didnt work, as I didnt change that.  Yes that still requires something like .25 bbp for it to run - and its supposed to give you an error messagebox if it fails to send the DCC transaction, and yes you are supposed to see it in the txlist even during the 6 block wait....

Let me try to reproduce that button on windows.  Its possible I accidentally removed the actual Click behavior of the button in the last version.

Yes, correct, for a new user they could start crunching, but not receive any rewards until their UTXO amount exceeds the required minimum, so they would see the task count, and the RAC, but not be in any superblocks until they stake a minimum UTXO against the associated CPID.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #185 on: September 27, 2018, 11:52:03 AM »
Jaap, I tried to reproduce the "associate" button not sending the collateral, and from what I see, it does still call the same old associate code and it still works.

However I do see one potential reason it didnt work for you.  Im thinking on a brand new wallet with 0, we require the BBP to be at least 2 confirms deep before it can be spent on a collateral tx.  You should have received 'insufficient funds' in the message box, and not 'welcome to BiblePay cancer mining!'. 

See if you can remember what it said?  Anyway if you retry with a confirmed balance, it will probably work fine....

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #186 on: September 27, 2018, 12:47:46 PM »
Jaap, I tried to reproduce the "associate" button not sending the collateral, and from what I see, it does still call the same old associate code and it still works.

However I do see one potential reason it didnt work for you.  Im thinking on a brand new wallet with 0, we require the BBP to be at least 2 confirms deep before it can be spent on a collateral tx.  You should have received 'insufficient funds' in the message box, and not 'welcome to BiblePay cancer mining!'. 

See if you can remember what it said?  Anyway if you retry with a confirmed balance, it will probably work fine....

Oh, wait! Maybe I just misunderstood. I thought that the 'create and attach R@H' button did more than it maybe actually does.

I thought that the 'create' portion was the creation of the R@H account, and I thought that the 'attach' portion was about 'attaching' your CPID to the blockchain.

But the 'attach' part is not about the CPID, but about attaching R@H to the Boinc client! I thought it was an all-in-one button that included attaching your CPID :-X

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #187 on: September 27, 2018, 01:32:44 PM »
Oh, wait! Maybe I just misunderstood. I thought that the 'create and attach R@H' button did more than it maybe actually does.

I thought that the 'create' portion was the creation of the R@H account, and I thought that the 'attach' portion was about 'attaching' your CPID to the blockchain.

But the 'attach' part is not about the CPID, but about attaching R@H to the Boinc client! I thought it was an all-in-one button that included attaching your CPID :-X

Excellent!  That means the test didnt fail, great.  (Because the msgbox should show any error, even Insufficient funds).

Anywhoo,  heres what Im thinking:

Case 1:
A new biblepay user who is an existing researcher on boincstats with lots of rac.  All they do is click the Associate CPID button (thats the old button that was always there).

Case 2:
A new user who doesnt use boinc.  They click the 'Create Account & Attach project' button and that does everything Except associate the cpid with the wallet.  Then We tell them to click Associate after they get boinc running.

This way we can appeal to either group without causing duplicate DCC transactions to be sent.

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #188 on: September 27, 2018, 01:50:50 PM »
Excellent!  That means the test didnt fail, great.  (Because the msgbox should show any error, even Insufficient funds).

Anywhoo,  heres what Im thinking:

Case 1:
A new biblepay user who is an existing researcher on boincstats with lots of rac.  All they do is click the Associate CPID button (thats the old button that was always there).

Case 2:
A new user who doesnt use boinc.  They click the 'Create Account & Attach project' button and that does everything Except associate the cpid with the wallet.  Then We tell them to click Associate after they get boinc running.

This way we can appeal to either group without causing duplicate DCC transactions to be sent.

Yes, I think that will be great for the UX when setting up the wallet. I shall change the guide on biblepay-central to reflect these steps when this goes into prod.

One thing comes to mind: right now there is the 'get 1000 BBP from pool' step, that ensures you have enough BBP to associate your CPID (and even have something to start staking with).

Looking at the new wallet set-up from a new user perspective, you first use the 'create and attach R@H' button. If everything goes right, you now have R@H crunching with a fresh account. Since this account doesn't have any RAC, you can't use the pools faucet yet.

So, thinking about a guide. Should the steps be:
1. Download and run BOINC
2. Use the 'create and attach R@H' button
3. Solve enough tasks to have >100 RAC + wait 24 hours just to be sure
4. Use pool faucet
5. Associate your CPID
6. Buy enough BBP for staking.

Of course, you don't HAVE to follow these steps, as long as you have enough BBP to associate your CPID. You could also use http://biblepayfaucet.com/ perhaps, but it can take a long time using that faucet to get enough BBP for the CPID association.

Anyway, people will also need to stake of course, so they will probably also have to buy BBP anyway even if they get the 1000 BBP.

Just thinking out loud about UX and how to make this proces as easy as possible...

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #189 on: September 27, 2018, 06:56:20 PM »
I tried SunK's recommended lowendbox service of $1 a month:
https://lowendbox.com/blog/hostbrz-vps-shared-reseller-hosting-from-2-year/

Its horrible, first day the nodes went down 15 hours in, 2nd day - they erased one server by accident, problems still not resolved.

Might be good for a test VMS, but not for a production node.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #190 on: September 27, 2018, 07:07:15 PM »
Yes, I think that will be great for the UX when setting up the wallet. I shall change the guide on biblepay-central to reflect these steps when this goes into prod.

One thing comes to mind: right now there is the 'get 1000 BBP from pool' step, that ensures you have enough BBP to associate your CPID (and even have something to start staking with).

Looking at the new wallet set-up from a new user perspective, you first use the 'create and attach R@H' button. If everything goes right, you now have R@H crunching with a fresh account. Since this account doesn't have any RAC, you can't use the pools faucet yet.

So, thinking about a guide. Should the steps be:
1. Download and run BOINC
2. Use the 'create and attach R@H' button
3. Solve enough tasks to have >100 RAC + wait 24 hours just to be sure
4. Use pool faucet
5. Associate your CPID
6. Buy enough BBP for staking.

Of course, you don't HAVE to follow these steps, as long as you have enough BBP to associate your CPID. You could also use http://biblepayfaucet.com/ perhaps, but it can take a long time using that faucet to get enough BBP for the CPID association.

Anyway, people will also need to stake of course, so they will probably also have to buy BBP anyway even if they get the 1000 BBP.

Just thinking out loud about UX and how to make this proces as easy as possible...

Sounds like a winner.  That is another good reason we separated the Associate from the Attach - we don't really want the associate part to fail unless they deliberately have 0 bbp to use and there is a long potential lag for a user between starting boinc and clicking associate.

Ill start reviewing everything we changed to see if we have wrapped up what is supposed to be in the mandatory.

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
« Reply #191 on: September 28, 2018, 12:17:44 AM »
Unable to add test contact.

Fields I filled out: Company Name, Contact Name, Funding Receiving Address (I changed it from default to another one), E-Mail address. Drop Down Vendor

2018-09-28 05:11:39 GUI: Qt has caught an exception thrown from an event handler. Throwing
exceptions from an event handler is not supported in Qt. You must
reimplement QApplication::notify() and catch all exceptions there.

2018-09-28 05:11:39

EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error       
JSON value is not a string as expected       
C:\crypto\biblepaytestnet\biblepay-qt.exe in Runaway exception       

2018-09-28 05:11:59
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 12:33:55 AM by sunk818 »
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
« Reply #192 on: September 28, 2018, 12:19:14 AM »
I tried SunK's recommended lowendbox service of $1 a month ... Its horrible

Sorry that happened. That's not been my experience, but support can be spotty with lowend servers sometimes. If you don't need support and can manage on your own, its been for me.

Sounds like a winner.  That is another good reason we separated the Associate from the Attach - we don't really want the associate part to fail unless they deliberately have 0 bbp to use and there is a long potential lag for a user between starting boinc and clicking associate.
I think more buttons is not helpful. I'd want to keep the "Add Me As Researcher" button only and have all the action flows from it.If they don't have an R@H account, create one and track their CPID. Give Download link with instructions to add R@H project. Crunch tasks. When s/he gets enough RAC (whether is 1 hour or 1 day or 1 week), have the pool automatically pay from the faucet. Maybe have BBP wallet check every 4 hours like PoDC updates for the RAC? Whenever there is enough BBP in the wallet, ask if they want to submit their CPID to the blockchain to receive daily PoDC payouts. IMO, it should be all behind the scene and seamless. Maybe that's too complicated to do? IDK.

Side comments:
1) Maybe WCG can fit in there somewhere too... (Display My Data needs to be checked on in Settings on the web site)
2) Form tabbing is wonky. From user name it goes to Add Researcher button instead of to password
3) R@H diagnostics show WCG, but the WCG data is not parsed out. Its all a jumbled mess from web site it seems.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 12:34:12 AM by sunk818 »
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #193 on: September 28, 2018, 07:20:46 AM »
Unable to add test contact.

Fields I filled out: Company Name, Contact Name, Funding Receiving Address (I changed it from default to another one), E-Mail address. Drop Down Vendor

2018-09-28 05:11:39 GUI: Qt has caught an exception thrown from an event handler. Throwing
exceptions from an event handler is not supported in Qt. You must
reimplement QApplication::notify() and catch all exceptions there.

2018-09-28 05:11:39

EXCEPTION: St13runtime_error       
JSON value is not a string as expected       
C:\crypto\biblepaytestnet\biblepay-qt.exe in Runaway exception       

2018-09-28 05:11:59

Please re-post this with every field value and user changed value existing on the screen that can allow us to reproduce the crash including what you click.

Unable to reproduce:  Unable to fix :  At this point this feature appears to work fine to us.

Also please ensure this is the latest wallet version.  Earlier than 2 versions ago, we did have a contact save issue.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 11:04:15 AM by Rob A. »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #194 on: September 29, 2018, 12:52:08 PM »
So now let us take a step back, and think of a cryptographically hard way to homogenize these upcoming features to be useful to BiblePay and God.

If we provide the ability to Upload a Christian Video into IPFS and into a block, with resulting IPFS hash, that is considered a "Video" object.  We provide the ability to save a "Prayer" object into IPFS.  We provide the ability to add a Letter into IPFS written to a certain orphanid.

Now what we need is the ability to Vote from the wallet, as a user, not as a Sanctuary, on an objects hash, to upvote it or downvote it or abstain.  Abstain is useful if you have no opinion on a reviewed object.  I think what we need to do, not-subject to creating a new integrity system, is have Vote-Weight be determined by a given wallets UTXO weight.  As people with higher balances tend to have more integrity.  So a vote object will contain utxo weight, and its target an IPFS hash.  This will allow a USER to vote with their UTXOWeight on an IPFSHash.

Then we can take a look at a list of Videos, and corresponding vote levels.  A user like Jaap, if he had 1 mil balance would have 10* the weight on his vote than a user with 100,000 balance.

Later on we can use this idea to expand our economy - to potentially pay community members for rating BiblePay objects.  This will be useful for rewarding Letters, Viewers(Voters) and content uploaders.

Then we modify the block to share payment with the reviewers if it contains a Letter, a Video or a Prayer.  So I suppose if we had an escrow, we would need a 'review window' - a period of time - where Votes are compensatable (IE 30 days from the date of the block).  So if a letter is written on 10-1-2018, it could be voted on from 10-1 through 10-31.  On 11-1 the payment is released based on quality as a split between the reviewers and the content creator.  The Creator might get  a % based on quality from 0-100, and the reviewers split the rest based on utxoweight. 

So we have situation A, a great letter to an orphan:

20,000 block:

Rating 90% - rated by 10 people, with the 10th having 90% of the utxo weight:
Reward:  10,000 to the creator,  10000 split among the 10 reviewers multiplied by UTXO weight - with 9000 of the reward going to reviewer #10

Situation B: A terrible letter, written by a Satanist to an orphan:

20,000 block:

Rating 10% (Rated by 1 satanist and 9 good Christians):
Reward:  1,000 to the creator, 19,000 split among the 10 reviewers by utxo weight

It would be an interesting economy.  This type of situation would cause us to spread more gospel and compensate reviewers to do more work (IE Consume more gospel also).

I'll get to work on creating a vote object to allow voting by UTXO weight.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 12:59:15 PM by Rob A. »