Bible Pay

Read 8889 times

Spanish Translation
« on: June 18, 2020, 12:03:05 PM »
Hello community of Biblepay.

Thank you very much for the outstanding project. I strongly believe that this is the most important crypto project ever developed as it gives us Christians around the world the opportunity to be economically independent in a situation where Christians communities are having a rough time in countries like mine for example: Venezuela.

I am very interested in bringing this project to my country and in order to do so, it needs to be properly translated to Spanish as a first important step towards sharing the news there.

I'd like to offer my help into doing so, and bringing these good news to all Spanish Speaker Christian Community.

Thank you very much for your time and I sincerely hope that we can achieve great things together.

E.V.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: Spanish Translation
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 09:25:58 AM »
Hello community of Biblepay.

Thank you very much for the outstanding project. I strongly believe that this is the most important crypto project ever developed as it gives us Christians around the world the opportunity to be economically independent in a situation where Christians communities are having a rough time in countries like mine for example: Venezuela.

I am very interested in bringing this project to my country and in order to do so, it needs to be properly translated to Spanish as a first important step towards sharing the news there.

I'd like to offer my help into doing so, and bringing these good news to all Spanish Speaker Christian Community.

Thank you very much for your time and I sincerely hope that we can achieve great things together.

E.V.

Sorry for the delay, I was not auto-following this topic but now I am.

Glad to have you here Elyelma.

You make excellent points.

So one point I would like to respond to:  We have had some translations done for the core wallet (actually, first of all the main languages have been done through Bitcoin), but we did have a few extra language translations completed. 

Are you referring to creating a Spanish forum.biblepay.org, or where do you think the biggest roadblock currently is in our project?

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2020, 01:19:51 PM »
Hi Rob, very glad to have your answer.

I am also sorry for the delay, I was not auto following the post too.

I think that the wallet should be translated yes but also the entire ecosystem should be translated.
What do I mean by that? This project has many peculiarities, as it is being the only (I think) Christian crypto environment active in the world. Therefore, a lot of opportunities comes within it (further discussion I'd like to have with you later on - many ideas here.)

Translating the Forum is a futile effort I think, as it'd be easier and possibly enough to have a Spanish Area in it, and that'd be fine. But what I would like to have translated is just... Everything else:

Inner and technical information as: white paper, roadmap, and it would be great to have lot of non-technical translated in order to provide it to possibleinvestors.

Personally, I am a non-technical user (I even asked for help to set up the Xmrig!) and as such, I think it would be very helpful to have information specially designed for the non-technical users explaining the pros and cons and the possibilities of BBP.

I.e. having the road map, the white paper, and the entire project specifics in Spanish.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 07:11:10 PM »
Hi Rob, very glad to have your answer.

I am also sorry for the delay, I was not auto following the post too.

I think that the wallet should be translated yes but also the entire ecosystem should be translated.
What do I mean by that? This project has many peculiarities, as it is being the only (I think) Christian crypto environment active in the world. Therefore, a lot of opportunities comes within it (further discussion I'd like to have with you later on - many ideas here.)

Translating the Forum is a futile effort I think, as it'd be easier and possibly enough to have a Spanish Area in it, and that'd be fine. But what I would like to have translated is just... Everything else:

Inner and technical information as: white paper, roadmap, and it would be great to have lot of non-technical translated in order to provide it to possibleinvestors.

Personally, I am a non-technical user (I even asked for help to set up the Xmrig!) and as such, I think it would be very helpful to have information specially designed for the non-technical users explaining the pros and cons and the possibilities of BBP.

I.e. having the road map, the white paper, and the entire project specifics in Spanish.

Hi Ely!

What I really like about this post is that it is very specific, and rings true and certainly needs to be done. 

I like the ability to have a Spanish whitepaper, roadmap and New Launch Thread in Spanish.

I would not mind offering a bounty of a few million BBP for the Spanish whitepaper.  The roadmap is relatively easy (I think) as we could fork a copy of the wiki page and let someone edit it - so that bounty would not need to be very high (maybe 250K?).  The new launch page might be a little bit tricky (maybe 1 mil or so).

I do not mind creating these bounty offers on this forum.

Out of curiosity are you interested in any of these jobs yourself?

Note that the whitepaper pdf actually needs updated first (as it does not have randomx in it).  So really we need to offer a few mil (extra) to update that to the English version first, then port it to Spanish.

Thanks,
Rob

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2020, 09:47:34 PM »
Hi, Rob!

I am very excited knowing that you like this crazy idea. I am all up into taking BBP to Venezuela as I already have contact with orphans organizations and many churches and I have a very crazy idea that I'd like to talk to you some day. I am also all up to do these assignments, and if possible having it ready on this same upcoming week. Having the white paper and roadmap is indeed something that can be easily done, now the new launch page would be something that I would like to indeed do with your guidance.

Updating the original pdf, would be something that I'd really like to do only with your guidance or at least counting with your proofreading as English is not my native language.

Just let me know when we can get together for a talk!

All the best,

E.V.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2020, 09:23:20 AM »
Hi, Rob!

I am very excited knowing that you like this crazy idea. I am all up into taking BBP to Venezuela as I already have contact with orphans organizations and many churches and I have a very crazy idea that I'd like to talk to you some day. I am also all up to do these assignments, and if possible having it ready on this same upcoming week. Having the white paper and roadmap is indeed something that can be easily done, now the new launch page would be something that I would like to indeed do with your guidance.

Updating the original pdf, would be something that I'd really like to do only with your guidance or at least counting with your proofreading as English is not my native language.

Just let me know when we can get together for a talk!

All the best,

E.V.

Hi Ely,

Thats great you are interested in taking on these projects!

(Yes, I definitely understand the need for the contents to be freshened and corrected also first).  This is a good impetus for us to correct those things in the English version(s) anyway as those versions are stagnating.

Alright, let me create the bounties, edit the roadmap, check our OP page, and the English whitepaper.

Ill start on this today, and Ill get back to you ASAP so you can get started on one of the projects while I work on the remaining issues.

Thanks!

Rob

EDIT:

I have created the Bounty thread here:
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=575.new#new

« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 09:59:28 AM by Rob Andrews »

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2020, 09:39:54 AM »
Awesome Rob. I'll be waiting.

All the best,

E.V.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2020, 10:01:48 AM »

All the best,

E.V.

Hi Ely,

I have created the bounty thread here:
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=575.new#new

Please verify that these amounts are suitable.

So far I have corrected the English Roadmap to be accurate - then I forked it to here for you:

https://wiki.biblepay.org/Roadmap_Spanish

Will you please create a wiki account and let me know what the userid is and then I can increase the permissions?

I will start checking out the contents of the English new coin launch thread next - then I will fork it to a Spanish version for you to edit.

Thanks a lot for helping us.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 10:53:14 AM by Rob Andrews »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2020, 10:52:11 AM »
On the Spanish roadmap wiki page btw, when you edit it, I believe the easiest way to edit it will be to click "Edit Source" and edit the actual HTML English words into Spanish -- (as we have a lot of code in there for the milestone bar).
I would not recommend trying to edit the page itself (with Edit) as I believe it will break the HTML.

Good luck btw.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2020, 11:16:30 AM »

All the best,

E.V.

And, moving on to project #2 (the New Coin Launch Thread):

First I modified our New Coin Launch - correcting errors and discrepancies.

I created a Spanish BBP General Discussion Topic and then a Spanish New Coin Launch thread here:
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?board=26.0

I made you a moderator (for forum.biblepay.org) also, so now you should be able to EDIT the OP post and see the markup in the OP post, and change it to Spanish.
Let me know if you receive any errors, etc (maybe try a few words first and try to save it).

Good luck.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2020, 12:58:26 PM »

All the best,

E.V.

Hi Ely,

Moving on to Project #3 (the whitepaper itself):

I have updated the whitepaper to, what I believe to be, accurate now.

Please see this new version:

https://san.biblepay.org/Docs/biblepay-whitepaper-single-cover-EN-July-2020.pdf

Then when you are ready to translate to Spanish, here is the source document:

https://san.biblepay.org/Docs/biblepay-whitepaper-single-cover-EN-July-2020.docx

When you are done with the docx version feel free to post it and I will convert it to a PDF.

Good luck and thanks!

Rob

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2020, 02:03:33 PM »
Thank you very much for the trust. I have received this info just now and I am creating the Wiki user right now. The user is "elyelma" - just as usual.

I will keep updating my advances in this thread.

God bless.

E.V.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2020, 02:07:37 PM »
Thank you very much for the trust. I have received this info just now and I am creating the Wiki user right now. The user is "elyelma" - just as usual.

I will keep updating my advances in this thread.

God bless.

E.V.

Sure, no problem.  Elyelma has been increased [in the wiki], please let me know if you have any problem editing the roadmap.

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2020, 04:38:03 AM »
Hello Mr. Rob and all the community!

I have had a very busy week, therefore, I was not able to write, or post any post earlier than now, but please, let's go for the good news:

We are ready with Topics #1 and #2 - I have already translated the New Coin Launch Thread and the Road Map so we have a full Spanish version of these two items. Anyone is free to check it (I would strongly appreciate any proofreading, you Spanish-speaker-community member! Thank you!)

I will be back with the White Paper, as soon as my work gives me some hours to do so.

May God bless you all!

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2020, 09:44:48 AM »
Hello Mr. Rob and all the community!

I have had a very busy week, therefore, I was not able to write, or post any post earlier than now, but please, let's go for the good news:

We are ready with Topics #1 and #2 - I have already translated the New Coin Launch Thread and the Road Map so we have a full Spanish version of these two items. Anyone is free to check it (I would strongly appreciate any proofreading, you Spanish-speaker-community member! Thank you!)

I will be back with the White Paper, as soon as my work gives me some hours to do so.

May God bless you all!

Hi Ely!

This is very very exciting!

From what I can see (the new coin launch Spanish) thread looks great, but I speak very little Spanish.

I will post the link in SouthXChange chatrooms and see if we can get anyone to reply now.

I'll check on the Road Map asap.

Thank you for your hard work!