Bible Pay

Read 15820 times

• MIP

• February 13, 2018, 11:55:52 AM
    more
iOS MOBILE WALLET - BETA TESTING
« on: May 30, 2018, 09:53:44 AM »
iOS MOBILE WALLET - BETA TESTING

This version is functionally the same as Android one so it will be easy to test.

It's currently under review so meanwhile I'll start gathering the brave ones that will want to do the TestFlight.

I need  email+name+second name in order to register you for beta.

When the build is approved by apple you will see a notification email with the invite for test.

EDIT: APP WAS APPROVED FOR BETA we can start!

Here some eye candy taken from my iPhone 8

« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 03:28:18 AM by MIP »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: iOS MOBILE WALLET - BETA TESTING
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 05:43:40 PM »
Sweet!  This is fabulous!

Ok, I'm running the iOS version in TestFlight.

So far so good.

I just recevied 111 bbp.

I will send it back to myself now.

The only enhancement I see so far is in Security Center, there are two references to "BRD" that I believe should be changed to "BBP".

Thanks dude.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 05:56:51 PM »

So far so good.

I just recevied 111 bbp.

The only enhancement I see so far is in Security Center, there are two references to "BRD" that I believe should be changed to "BBP".

Thanks dude.

Ok, I sent 50 back to my desktop and received it!  This is amazing...

We're going to make a great team together...

Soon, we will get the mobile cancer mining working without the pc being involved also.  (exec associate aaa bbb).

• MIP

more
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 02:37:01 AM »

So far so good.

I just recevied 111 bbp.

Thanks dude.

In my spanish version I can't see those references to Bread. Could you please post a screenshot? Sometimes they are strings, sometimes icon resources... it's hard to find without a visual aid.

Thank you!

EDIT: I found it! fixing...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 02:25:47 PM by MIP »

• MIP

more
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 01:47:56 AM »
I'm getting comments that crypto wallets are not passing thru apple approval process unless the currency is "approved" by them. Nobody knows what this is but it seems that we have been lucky to even pass to beta stage.

I will call apple support to know more about this because before I started with this development I raised a ticket to them and they told me there would be no problem. But I don't want to be rejected in the latest step after all the hours we have invested on this.

I'll keep you posted.

EDIT: it seems they send you a standard questionnaire with some questions about the coin and the project. How the evaluate it and consider a coin is "approved" is a mistery.

I would need to know about your feedback so we can start this review process as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 03:03:10 AM by MIP »

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 10:53:16 AM »
Does MEMO actually get captured in blockchain, or just the iOS app? You think it should be captured in blockchain? Maybe too much work right?

Other feedback:
  • Send BBP > Scan . Only camera is possible. What I want to send someone BBP from a web site I went to. QR code is there, but how do I scan? This assumes I need a computer display or print it out, etc... If I take a screenshot on iOS, a way to import a picture would be good too, right?
  • knowing who send you payment (BBP address). Someone send me 5 BBP and it was very difficult to send 1 BBP back as a test
  • Address Book to send payment.
  • Maybe quick access to explorer based on from or to BBP address - like %s you find in BBP QT wallet (right click go to explorer)
Soon, we will get the mobile cancer mining working without the pc being involved also.  (exec associate aaa bbb).

BOINC for iOS? That would be amazing, but I didn't think this is possible currently.
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• MIP

more
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 04:59:50 AM »
Does MEMO actually get captured in blockchain, or just the iOS app? You think it should be captured in blockchain? Maybe too much work right?

Currently it's only stored as metadata in the app database. Sending it to the blockchain would require to add an unspendable output. It increases size and fees, and it's not recommended behavior as it's seen as bloating the chain.

Other feedback:
  • Send BBP > Scan . Only camera is possible. What I want to send someone BBP from a web site I went to. QR code is there, but how do I scan? This assumes I need a computer display or print it out, etc... If I take a screenshot on iOS, a way to import a picture would be good too, right?

usually you are also offered a text address along the QR, so you just have to copy and paste it.

• knowing who send you payment (BBP address). Someone send me 5 BBP and it was very difficult to send 1 BBP back as a test

it should show in the transaction detail popup.

• Address Book to send payment.

Address reutilization is worst practice towards privacy.

• Maybe quick access to explorer based on from or to BBP address - like %s you find in BBP QT wallet (right click go to explorer)

Would be ok, we have URL to explorer for UTXO recovery. I will note that one.

BOINC for iOS? That would be amazing, but I didn't think this is possible currently.

It's possible, I'm even preparing that feature for Android now. I must test the burn tx and implement some convoluted logic it has inside for banked/non-banked but there is no technical stopper.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2018, 09:30:48 PM »
Amazing answers, thanks!

On that exec associate DC account guys,  I know MIP can implement the associate command on the mobile as that is just a network message similar to broadcast transaction, but the other side of the requirement is actually mining on the mobile and having a cpid.

We know rosetta works on the samsung galaxy and the latest arm processors, and also works on MacOSX.  What I believe will not work though is boincing on the iphone (since the processor is not arm and a proprietary apple chip). 

But hey at least the app could register a CPID, even though you cant use it on the same device.  One use case might be having an ARM tablet without the BBP app but with boinc - and maybe you prefer BBP mobile to run on your iphone...  Etc... 

• Ichthus220

• December 11, 2017, 10:09:35 PM
    more
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2018, 10:18:28 PM »
The app is crashing when I try to open it. It crashed 4 times then opened. I have Touch ID on. I canceled it and manually inputted my password then it worked.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 10:21:07 PM by Ichthus220 »

• MIP

more
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2018, 04:59:47 AM »
The app is crashing when I try to open it. It crashed 4 times then opened. I have Touch ID on. I canceled it and manually inputted my password then it worked.

I can see some crash traces related to a problem in iOS queues I discovered yesterday. Not 100% sure that this is causing your crashes but there is a reasonable chance they are.

I will post now an update to address this problem, you will all get notified by Apple when it's approved and available.

BTW: do you have the original Breadwallet Bitcoin Wallet also installed in your iPhone?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 05:06:30 AM by MIP »

• Ichthus220

• December 11, 2017, 10:09:35 PM
    more
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2018, 12:43:36 AM »
I can see some crash traces related to a problem in iOS queues I discovered yesterday. Not 100% sure that this is causing your crashes but there is a reasonable chance they are.

I will post now an update to address this problem, you will all get notified by Apple when it's approved and available.

BTW: do you have the original Breadwallet Bitcoin Wallet also installed in your iPhone?

I do not have the Breadwallet Bitcoin Wallet installed.

• MIP

more
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2018, 04:59:54 AM »
I do not have the Breadwallet Bitcoin Wallet installed.

Ok just to discard some conflicts.

I posted new beta to Apple but this time they rejected the binary and send me the classical questions about the coin. It will probably take 1-2 days to get response (and approval)

I discovered that Apple guys on Testflight approval near weekends are more picky than the ones on Mon-Thu shift.

I would use this as a hint on how to submit the app for final approval on App Store.

What's your opinion?

• MIP

more
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2018, 02:02:46 AM »
I'm getting extra questions from Apple about the coin, and it seems the new Apple policy has hardened the conditions.

They now say that wallets are allowed but they need to be published under a "Corporate" account (now I only have a "Individual" account).

We can try it but... it's going to be difficult I'm afraid.

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2018, 07:50:35 AM »
Okay... So that basically means that BiblePay would have to be incorporated (I don't know if this is the correct term) before we can publish the wallet for Apple?

Well... Plans are underway to achieve this, but I guess you could call those plans mid-term, so it would be really unfortunate if we could not publish now with an 'individual' account...

• MIP

more
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2018, 08:46:05 AM »
Okay... So that basically means that BiblePay would have to be incorporated (I don't know if this is the correct term) before we can publish the wallet for Apple?

Well... Plans are underway to achieve this, but I guess you could call those plans mid-term, so it would be really unfortunate if we could not publish now with an 'individual' account...

I can also incorporate my dev activity into a company but in Spain regulation is so suffocating that it's barely worth it. No wonder why this country's economy is degradating every month. You have to work for gobernment 6-7 months out of 12 because of the taxes everywhere.