Bible Pay

Read 4993 times

• ford.energy

• March 08, 2018, 12:09:22 AM
    more
Transferring Coins and other interesting problems
« on: March 15, 2018, 08:30:05 PM »
Hi,

I have setup my wallet and am mining, I have setup Rosetta on 7 machines. Now I'm trying to associate the distributed computing to my wallet. I need 1 coin, I have 15 available and try to transfer them but get invalid amount error. So I setup auto transfer for every 24 hours to receive my coin to setup the distributed computing  and I get "will be transferred when balance exceeds the minimum threshhold" (FYI Threshold is misspelled on the website) .  Ok fine so I go looking for the minimum balance and I cant find it anywhere.

So a couple questions:
1) What is min balance for a transfer?
2) Why can't I do a manual transfer?
3) Am I getting credit for my distributed machines since there not associated with my wallet?
4) How can I set my CPU mining treads? because my wallet machine is hardly hitting my CPU's
5) Is running Rosetta@home considered mining? or do I need to setup separate miners?

Thank you for you help

• ford.energy

• March 08, 2018, 12:09:22 AM
    more
Re: Transferring Coins and other interesting problems
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2018, 04:40:47 AM »
Hi,

I wanted to update my post so maybe it will help others who are going through the same things I am.

Answers to my Questions that I've found so far:
Min balance for auto transfer is 100 BBP and after 3 days of mining I have 15

I couldn't do a manual transfer because I didn't have 100 BBP in my account

3) Am I getting credit for my distributed machines since there not associated with my wallet?
I am getting credit for my CPU usage according to BOINC site. I just don't have any idea where it's going or if I will get BBP credits after I associate my account

4) How can I set my CPU mining treads? because my wallet machine is hardly hitting my CPU's
GENPROCLIMIT setting is 0-99 in the config file but playing with it anything over 50 crashes the miner

5) Is running Rosetta@home considered mining? or do I need to setup separate miners?
Running Rosetta is not considered mining, at least to me. If it was mining I would be getting BBP before I had to pay to associate my account. Hopefully after I mine 100 BBP I can pay the 1 BBP to associate my BOINC machines. Sounds cheap but I dont want to pay to buy bitcoin to buy BBP for a single BBP so I can associate my miners.

I do not want to sound cynical here, I was looking at Bible because I loved the idea of it and it aligns with my faith. I have been in I.T. for over 20 years and run a infrastructure team so Bible paired with BOINC attracted me . I also have a decent sized mining farm and was using my spare CPU cycles to check this out for a possible master node. But after all the hassles of setting up a simple miner, then not getting credit for my distributed  machines I need to wonder.  I'm just not sure Bible coin is ready for an average user.

I hope this will be read through the lens of constructive  feedback because I love the idea and would love to see this mature.

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 06:24:54 AM »
Hi Ford.energy,

I think I can help, a little.
1 and 2 sound pretty right, 3? I am in the same, or worse situation.
4. check your CPU, GENPROCLIMIT shouldn't be higher than 8, but it is dependant on your processor. Google your processor for how many cores. If you want to still use your computer, set it to 75%
5 It used to be, downloading a wallet to a new computer, adding the worker to pool and saving on config file to mine with multiple, its similar now, that is if you can get it to mine.

If you have been mining for 3 days for 15 BBP, I would stop immediately, you are better of buying them, (if you can) it took me 2.5 months to mine 6000, which is quite low. I have lost that amount, and can't set up my miner. If this keeps up BBP is set to suffer exponential decay. I would say the main reason is staffing problems. I think there is only one person actively working on the project and a handful of people helping.

running 2 PC's I was mining about 200 per day, I really wanted to see how Rosetta would do

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2018, 10:09:43 AM »
Hi,

I wanted to update my post so maybe it will help others who are going through the same things I am.

Answers to my Questions that I've found so far:
Min balance for auto transfer is 100 BBP and after 3 days of mining I have 15

I couldn't do a manual transfer because I didn't have 100 BBP in my account

I am getting credit for my CPU usage according to BOINC site. I just don't have any idea where it's going or if I will get BBP credits after I associate my account

GENPROCLIMIT setting is 0-99 in the config file but playing with it anything over 50 crashes the miner

Running Rosetta is not considered mining, at least to me. If it was mining I would be getting BBP before I had to pay to associate my account. Hopefully after I mine 100 BBP I can pay the 1 BBP to associate my BOINC machines. Sounds cheap but I dont want to pay to buy bitcoin to buy BBP for a single BBP so I can associate my miners.

I do not want to sound cynical here, I was looking at Bible because I loved the idea of it and it aligns with my faith. I have been in I.T. for over 20 years and run a infrastructure team so Bible paired with BOINC attracted me . I also have a decent sized mining farm and was using my spare CPU cycles to check this out for a possible master node. But after all the hassles of setting up a simple miner, then not getting credit for my distributed  machines I need to wonder.  I'm just not sure Bible coin is ready for an average user.

I hope this will be read through the lens of constructive  feedback because I love the idea and would love to see this mature.

Right now the coin is still very very young and a lot is in flux.  There have been a lot of good tutorials written to get us this far and as things stabilize I'm prone to do instructional videos and get them up.  A few things here are a bit counter-intuitive so glad to hear you're getting things lined out and sharing what you're discovering for other new users.

One thing I would correct is the genproclimit doesn't seem to be tied to much of any "real" function, it's no longer necessary to limit that number to the actual number of cores, the other thing that would increase your mining rate is to reduce the sleep function by adding minersleep=# in your biblepay.conf file.  By default it is at about 250 or 500, I cannot recall.  But it can go as low as 0.

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2018, 03:46:12 PM »