Bible Pay

Read 304173 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)
« Reply #675 on: November 23, 2020, 01:25:29 PM »
Hi Rob. So I checked this with my wallet and I'm not sure the list above is correct. I am address "BM2e..." and although I apparently did not receive the DWS payment in the block listed above, I in fact DID receive it the following day (block 201125, TxID 03806879905734fabba33dafd2f6523fc10f41f7173393fe3914f6094a3f1f25). So now I have received these coins twice.
I don't want to keep them, so I could:
1. send them back to you
2. donate them to the foundation
3. send them to a burner address (do we have one in BBP?)

What would be your preferred method?

On another note: I finally uploaded the German version of the whitepaper (in the other thread). ;)

1000 BBP

Hi Dave,

Hmm, interesting you received them the next day, Ill have to go back in and look at the logic for the anomaly report then, but in the mean time Ill just continue to leave these stand as donations to everyone.

Anyway moving on, we do have a burn address for bbp (B4T5ciTCkWauSqVAcVKy88ofjcSasUkSYU).  As a matter of fact Im working on adding two more burn addresses for the next release, one for DAC donations and one for DAC whale matches. 

But as far as this payment you can donate it to the orphan foundation.

Thats awesome on the German translation!  Thanks!

4400 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)
« Reply #676 on: November 23, 2020, 01:26:27 PM »
I heard that the latest release from GridCoin (GRC) no longer has a team requirement. Does it make sense for BiblePay to remove the team requirement (e.g. BBP stake requirement is ^1.3 for all) as well? It would at least keep up in parity with other altcoins that pay for distributed computing work...

https://www.reddit.com/r/gridcoin/comments/im8ktw/gridcoin_5000mandatory_fern_release/

2800 BBP

Hi Sun,

We already took out the team requirement in one of the last PODC updates, but we do require the coins to be staked and them to have more than 250 rac.

There are a few members of other teams in our cpid list.

4400 BBP

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
« Reply #677 on: November 23, 2020, 04:06:27 PM »
Hello Rob -- I'll have to clarify with the community member that said his stake requirement went up when they changed to a different team.

Hi Sun,

We already took out the team requirement in one of the last PODC updates, but we do require the coins to be staked and them to have more than 250 rac.

There are a few members of other teams in our cpid list.

2800 BBP
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 04:08:05 PM by sunk818 »
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #678 on: November 24, 2020, 10:14:15 AM »
Hello Rob -- I'll have to clarify with the community member that said his stake requirement went up when they changed to a different team.

2800 BBP

Yeah we still have the slightly higher stake requirement in there for the non-biblepay team (the higher exponent), but the lower exponent is also still required for the biblepay users.

4400 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #679 on: November 24, 2020, 10:17:31 AM »
*** DWS (dynamic whale stake) friendly note ***

So I just want to point out that anyone who types dwsquote today will see 0% DWU, and this is not a bug - it is correct (temporarily).

What happened was collectively users staked 80MM biblepay over the last 30 days, but some of those BBP were not in the 'short term' window (by design) until this week. 
So we have a mechanism in place that takes the std_floor (IE the minimum of the long term emissions and the short term emissions) and whenever the short term exceeds the long term the kitty that assesses the value for the DWU starts to prefer the short term.  Then over the last few days when the window came into view this was even more exaggerated.

So another words, we have to wait about 20 more days for this window to pass to start to see the DWU rise again - up to 1%, 5%, 10% etc as those days pass by with the large payments.

Thanks!

4400 BBP

• Radar_Dude7

• April 16, 2020, 08:52:42 AM
    more
« Reply #680 on: November 27, 2020, 04:24:45 PM »
I received my DWS back today, with interest. Thank you, BBP!

1000 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #681 on: December 01, 2020, 12:32:11 PM »
** APM (Automatic Price Mooning) is being temporarily disabled to bring in more RandomX miners **

I received a suggestion to disable APM so that we can increase our RX mining activity.  Although I don't believe APM is a failure, I believe it is in our best interests to disable APM for now and observe our RX mining activity for the next 100 days to get a feel as to how much potential randomx holds. 

Looking at RandomX at this time, we did generate approx. 3 XMR ($360 of orphan revenue) the last month that APM was off with RX on in full swing.  What Id like to do is calculate our spend vs. reward with RX (IE our total emissions vs our total raised orphan revenue) over these 100 days also.

One thing that is great about RX, as we said in the past is it does not impact biblepays price in a negative way, since we raise XMR while we merge mine XMR.

The fact of the matter is that I expected more random users to buy BBP to see the price rise in order for the APM to turn on the constant mining rewards - and we actually didn't see that happen.  I didn't observe many miners stepping up to buy the gap (or many sanctuaries either).  This is not bashing them, this is just a matter of fact that not everyone has an unlimited amount of money to throw at crypto.

The real bottom line is we are a tiny, tiny fish and we need to be taken seriously in order for the whales to come in and push our currency around (IE for us to make a splash).

I will disable APM at height 236350 and we will see where this leads us.

In other news, my main focus is making BiblePay a DAC, and that includes doing more custom programming for the next release that gives BiblePay a global donation address for easy giving from the cryptocommunity (that is - the cryptocommunity at large).

Happy Thanksgiving!

4400 BBP

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

more
« Reply #682 on: December 01, 2020, 08:35:17 PM »
** APM (Automatic Price Mooning) is being temporarily disabled to bring in more RandomX miners **

Thanks for your consideration. I know there were many RandomX miners on discord that were taken aback by APM and showed a lot of negative sentiment at the time. I know Radar_Dude7 has been a champion of mining and he's been a light in the BBP mining community for sure.

2900 BBP

• Radar_Dude7

more
« Reply #683 on: December 03, 2020, 07:50:28 AM »

Thanks for your consideration. I know there were many RandomX miners on discord that were taken aback by APM and showed a lot of negative sentiment at the time. I know Radar_Dude7 has been a champion of mining and he's been a light in the BBP mining community for sure.

2900 BBP
Thank you, Sun, for that HUGE compliment. I will say that when I found BBP as an option for CPU mining x2 years ago, I put all of my effort into it. Rather than mining in larger pools for small change. Mining for XMR posed a challenge to this, particularly last November, when the split took place and XMR (RandomX) was CPU only. I had one computer mining that and another couple mining BBP. Brilliant idea to merge the two (for me anyway) made it possible to do both with all of my assets!
The only drawback (that I saw in merging XMR with BBP) was losing the KJV Bible in the algorithm for BBP. I have to tell you that mining verses and supporting orphans was what pulled me into BBP.

1000 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #684 on: December 03, 2020, 10:52:03 AM »
Thank you, Sun, for that HUGE compliment. I will say that when I found BBP as an option for CPU mining x2 years ago, I put all of my effort into it. Rather than mining in larger pools for small change. Mining for XMR posed a challenge to this, particularly last November, when the split took place and XMR (RandomX) was CPU only. I had one computer mining that and another couple mining BBP. Brilliant idea to merge the two (for me anyway) made it possible to do both with all of my assets!
The only drawback (that I saw in merging XMR with BBP) was losing the KJV Bible in the algorithm for BBP. I have to tell you that mining verses and supporting orphans was what pulled me into BBP.

1000 BBP

Its good to have you here, Radar Dude.

Yeah, I feel the same way about the verses.  The good news is the Bible is still in the wallet and we can still make neat features that are based on [the Bible].

I feel like we have been all over the place, but I feel RandomX is a pretty strong foundation so far.  When we emit coins, our difficulty has risen, the pool MH/S went up to 1MH today which is a good sign.

What changes do you feel are most important for us (for growth)?  Do you feel like we should ramp up our reward for RandomX to the max and make some airdrops and invite more RX users?  IE do you think RX has what it takes to grow our base?

And feel free to give us any off-topic ideas for the coin as well (IE gospel, or ROI related use cases etc).

Thanks.

4400 BBP
« Last Edit: December 03, 2020, 10:56:36 AM by Rob Andrews »

• Radar_Dude7

more
« Reply #685 on: December 04, 2020, 02:05:46 PM »
Quick question - I have not received any BBP for mining on XMRig for the past two days. Is there something blocking? Or, do I need to check something. I have made no changes. The last received BBP was ~ 1AM on 2 DEC 20.

1000 BBP

• fredocrypto

• March 22, 2020, 04:10:19 AM
    more
« Reply #686 on: December 06, 2020, 02:04:02 AM »
Hello, I haven't received any XMRIG reward since 12/02/2020 either. 
However I see the txid in history block.

1000 BBP

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

more
« Reply #687 on: December 06, 2020, 11:10:47 PM »

Rob, PKMAN999 on Discord said Altilly is having a sale. No listing fee until end of the year. I used them before. They are transparent and nice group of people. Any chance we could get listed there?

https://www.altilly.com/page/addasset
Altilly.com - Crypto Exchange
Crypto Exchange. Core Values: Security, Transparency, Ease of Use, and Fast Execution.
No listing fees , UNTIL DEC 31, 2020

2900 BBP

• Radar_Dude7

more
« Reply #688 on: December 07, 2020, 06:08:13 AM »
Hello, I haven't received any XMRIG reward since 12/02/2020 either. 
However I see the txid in history block.

1000 BBP
I have tried to repair the wallet several times within the BBP tool, without effect. I am stuck on my previous post. Any suggestions?
I have event rescanned the block history. Should I try to reinstall the wallet program and then reintroduce the wallet database? Suggestions are welcome!

1000 BBP

• Radar_Dude7

more
« Reply #689 on: December 07, 2020, 07:47:51 AM »
I have tried to repair the wallet several times within the BBP tool, without effect. I am stuck on my previous post. Any suggestions?
I have event rescanned the block history. Should I try to reinstall the wallet program and then reintroduce the wallet database? Suggestions are welcome!
Update - I performed a withdrawal of BBP from Foundation forum posting awards and it came in immediately. Therefore, I do not believe that my wallet is broken.

1000 BBP