Read 7316 times

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
Compensation for Jaap's work with BiblePay
« on: May 08, 2018, 03:05:40 AM »
Hi everyone,

Ever since I found this project I've been pretty passionate about it, and I have done a lot of work, most of which I don't think I have to explain. They include giving guidance and advice in every way possible to CameroonONE and Habib, being in several focus-groups, and right now working very hard to get our new website online.

While I see most of what I do as voluntary, and it is in my self-interest to see this coin grow since I am already invested, I also have paid others to do work for me and lately I've pretty much been working full-time on the website.

So I've decided to classify some of the things that I do as 'work' and ask the community if they want to pay me for my added value at a flat-rate of 15$/hour (which is about minimum wage in the Netherlands, where I'm from).

I'm using the current value of BBP, which is 0,0029 EURO.

I would like to receive compensation for the following things:

Proposals that I have submitted for CameroonONE (round 1 & 2), Habib (round 1&2), and the New Exchange Fund (round 1&2). From here on I will add 2500 to these proposals to compensate for the cost of submitting, but I have given all the BBP to the concerning proposals until now, so I would like to ask the community for compensation = 15.000 BBP

I had a designer design a PowerPoint-template for BiblePay for a total cost of 40 euro = 13.793 BBP

I had an external expert do research on CameroonONE for a total cost of 60 euro = 20.689 BBP

I made a PowerPoint-presentation from the ground up for Habib, which took me 8 hours x 15 = 41.379 BBP

I send Habib extra BBP to share with the people present at the presentation because he already spent everything to be able to do the things that he did = 5000 BBP

I had two conference calls to discuss the website-upgrade 4 hours in total x 15 = 20.689

I've spent 60 hours on the website thus far (may 8th) (see attachment) x 15 = 310.344 BBP

I've also been approached to be in a tv-series about cryptocurrency, where I will be representing BiblePay. If everything pans out the right way, this will give our project great exposure. I can't give you any details at this point, but I'd like to ask BiblePay for compensation because a lot of time has gone in getting this off the ground (calling, mailing, writing scripts, etc). I would like to ask the community to compensate me for the time spent on this. Until today (may 8th), I have spent about 20 hours on this x 15 = 103.448 BBP

So in total, that's: 509.673 BBP

I will aks for this compensation from the IT-budget (since the website is the majority of the proposal), although it could also be PR. Or I could also make two separate proposals. This is just a pre-proposal to ask the community what they think about it. After receiving feedback, I will go ahead and submit the proposal.

Thanks!

Jaap

• MIP

• February 13, 2018, 11:55:52 AM
    more
Re: Compensation for Jaap's work with BiblePay
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 08:30:29 AM »
I think it's a good idea that one gets compensation for the efforts, and in your case they have been outstanding.

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 12:14:15 PM »
Totally Voting Yes! 
and Id totally vote yes for a higher pay rate too, youve done amazing work Jaap!
(now we need to persuade Luke to create a proposal for all of his great work too ;))

• znffal

• October 02, 2017, 04:01:47 PM
    more
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 04:33:45 PM »
Hello!
Yes I will vote yes... but you need to get this proposal submitted into the pool ASAP!
The superblock is only ~10 days away.

Thanks.

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 02:17:23 AM »
Hello!
Yes I will vote yes... but you need to get this proposal submitted into the pool ASAP!
The superblock is only ~10 days away.

Thanks.

Yes, I know ,:( I don't have enough funds in the pool at the moment. I've asked Rob if he could deposit some funds in my account so that I can make some more proposals for this superblock...

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 04:02:41 PM »
Thanks for the support guys!

I see that I made an error by taking the euro exchange rate but calculating my hours in dollars. The exchange rate is actually $0.003/BBP now, so it doesn't really make much difference. I'll just give myself a raise of 50 cents an hour and keep the proposal as it was :p

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2018, 12:20:32 PM »
I will be voting yes; the brethren are worthy of their wages.

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2018, 03:57:15 PM »
Excellent work Jaap, I'm voting YES on your proposal. Thanks for all you do!

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2018, 09:42:16 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm just going to keep the record of my expenses in this topic to not let the forum become too cluttered. As I said the previous time, I do most of my work voluntary, but some things (like creating the website and the booklet) I'm going to ask compensation for.

I've hired an illustrator to do illustrations on the website. 12 illustrations were made and I think that they look great! It gives the website a professional and consistent look and I think they are worth every penny. I'll attach some to this post.

The designer asks 25 euro/hour (which is about 29 dollar/hour).

She spent a total of 15 hours on creating the illustrations and doing visual work on the new website.

I've spent 18 hours on the website since the last proposal until today. For myself I ask 15 euro/hour (or about 18 dollars/hour)

I've spent this time on proofreading/editing/writing articles/doing visual adjustments.

The website is almost ready. When Rob has done a final proofreading we'll make some final edits and then we'll be ready to go live. Hopefully that will be within a week!

I'm using the current value of 0,0023 dollar/BBP.
I'm asking for
435 + 324 = 759 dollar
795 x 0,0023 = 330.000 BBP

I hope that the community can see the value of my work and will vote 'yes' on this proposal  :)

Code: [Select]
gobject vote-many fac3a7d96ab5a6d7d66a30e5891e7c3f6f4ab469a4d99fec6c165ff0e159d3eb funding yes

Of course, you can always check in the pool (and hopefully in the wallet from next month on).
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 07:27:55 PM by jaapgvk »

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2018, 07:54:13 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm going abroad for a couple of weeks (with probably very little internet), so I'm not going to do much more work for BiblePay this month.

So here is my proposal for the work I've done on the website from the 20th of June untill today.

Pre-migration:
8 hours: rewriting, adding articles, editing links, etc.

Migration:
16 hours: migrating website and implementing SEO, google analytics, cache, CDN, backups, etc.

Post-migration (until 12-07-2018):
7 hours: (implementing feedback, making final adjustments/implementations, writing articles.

The website is just about finished. So from here on it will probably mostly be a little maintenance and writing articles.

I'm giving myself a little raise because, frankly, I think that I've provided quality work to the community. I think that it's fair to ask the same amount that Togo does. So from now on I'll ask $20/hour. As said before: I don't ask money for guiding charities and helping the community etc, just the things that I really consider 'work'.

Currently, the price hovers around $0,0019/BBP
(31 X 20) / 0.0019 = 326316 BBP

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2018, 08:46:31 AM »
Hi everyone,

Since payroll is back on the menu, I'd like to ask for some compensation for the work I've done from 12-07-2018 till 16-09-2018

Airdrop:
I've organised an airdrop to give us some exposure and land us some new users. I won't ask for compensation for setting it all up (arranging exposure on airdropalert, creating google form and dedicated page on biblepay.org, making on-the-go edits when the airdrop launched and providing support on Telegram). But I want to ask for compensation for checking all the forms and doing the payouts (which proved very labor-intensive). The airdrop is still running btw.

I'm asking compensation for 16 hours.

I've implemented the pro-versions of the Yoast plugin and the Newsletter plugin. These allow better SEO and distribution of information. I've done some basic SEO to give us a better rank in the search-engines, but I'm looking for someone with more SEO-experience the take us to the next level. I'm also planning on writing articles that will improve our SEO-score (based on Google Analytics).

I've also made the website more SEC-compliant (editing all bits that have to do with BiblePay potentially being an investment), and I'm currently adding an enhanced Press Kit section that will be usefull for PR.

I'm asking compensation for 4 hours.

PR:
I have ongoing communications with our PR-team. I won't charge these hours, but maybe I'll charge some time in the future if I write articles.

Blockchain Superstars:
I needed to give feedback and make some edits to the interview.

I'm asking compensations for 2 hours.

------

I know the market is tough at the moment, so I don't want to dent the budget too much.

Current price is $0.000521 (CMC 16-09-2018). 22 hours in total. $20 p/h. = 844 000 BBP. But I will ask for half of that: 422 000 BBP.

Btw, if there is still some room in the budget, I will ask for some BBP for the New Exchange Fund, since that fund is still in the red.

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2018, 06:13:57 AM »
Jaap,

New proposal should be a new thread so things don't get confused :)

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2018, 07:44:46 AM »
Jaap,

New proposal should be a new thread so things don't get confused :)

Well, I purposely link to the specific posts (not the thread itself) in my proposals, so I thought it wouldn't be confusing. But if people find this confusing, I will start a new thread for every proposal in the future :)

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2018, 02:59:17 AM »
Hi everyone,

I want to ask some BBP for the work I've done this month. I'm only asking BBP for time spent on the website and editing guides, all the other stuff is voluntary work.

I've spent 12 hours on these things. I created the new 'light version' of the website. This means removing a lot of the darker/grey images and replacing them with more colorful ones. Togo and I have also created the new landing page (still a work-in-progress). I've also adjusted guides to implement for example the new mining setup and one-click masternode set-up.

I want to ask 375000 BBP (12 hours x 20 dollars x 0,00064).
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 03:05:17 AM by jaapgvk »