Bible Pay

Read 4847 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Each month we sponsor approximately 188 orphans currently.
Rob, the lead dev charges the expense on his credit card, and keeps a copy of the receipt. 
The expenses can be viewed by navigate to Accountability.biblepay.org | Expenses and viewing the December PDF.

Since inception, Rob has spent $30,161.00 for BiblePay orphan premiums.  This can be audited by viewing the sum of all payments using the above link.

Rob has only raised $19,671 in orphan fundraisers however.  See accountability.biblepay.org | Orphans | Orphan Fundraisers.  You can audit the total by finding the sum of all fundraisers.

This leaves a deficit of $10,490 owed to Rob for previous activity.
This $10,490 includes our current actual December 2017 invoice for $7,068.00, spent on 12-20-2017.

Receipt here:
http://pool.biblepay.org/SAN/Expenses/CompassionDec2017.pdf

Summary:

$19671 raised
$30161 spent
Out of the $30161, $7068 was for December 2017.

Therefore I am requesting 2894609 biblepay for December 2017 for reimbursement of these monthly premiums.

A new record will be logged as I sell the 2.8MM on the exchange, and anything over will be used to sponsor new orphan premiums (but based on 12 months for stability), so this proposal does not benefit Rob in any way shape or form.

I am committed to spending 100% of this proposals funded amount back into Charitable benefits for the orphans.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 06:12:26 PM by admin »

Re: December 2017 Compassion Expense Reimbursement (Monthly Orphan Premiums)
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 06:43:51 PM »
Will you consider the following revision:

1st order: Sponsor current orphans for another month.
2nd order: Repay "loan" from Dev (with accounting to help minimize critics as you've done)
3rd order: Part 1) Instead of sponsoring additional orphans, pay the current contracts forward.  Strive to have a full year pre-paid for each orphan.
3rd order: Part 2) The Compassion site says the average orphan is sponsored "usually through the school year in which the child reaches the age of 18 to 22".
I would like to see from Compassion a breakdown by our current orphans of what age they'll need sponsorship to.  Then sponsor each of our current orphans to their full age before adding any more.

The reason for all this is I don't want to see any orphans have to be dropped if the coin price drops greatly.  Nor do I want to see their lives disrupted if the majority of MN decide they like a different charity better.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: December 2017 Compassion Expense Reimbursement (Monthly Orphan Premiums)
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2017, 09:30:35 PM »
Will you consider the following revision:

1st order: Sponsor current orphans for another month.
2nd order: Repay "loan" from Dev (with accounting to help minimize critics as you've done)
3rd order: Part 1) Instead of sponsoring additional orphans, pay the current contracts forward.  Strive to have a full year pre-paid for each orphan.
3rd order: Part 2) The Compassion site says the average orphan is sponsored "usually through the school year in which the child reaches the age of 18 to 22".
I would like to see from Compassion a breakdown by our current orphans of what age they'll need sponsorship to.  Then sponsor each of our current orphans to their full age before adding any more.

The reason for all this is I don't want to see any orphans have to be dropped if the coin price drops greatly.  Nor do I want to see their lives disrupted if the majority of MN decide they like a different charity better.

Yes, Ill spend any excess by pre-paying some of the children's premiums into the future.

We will add a column called PrepaidPremiums to Expense and populate it after the fundraiser.

Thanks for the great ideas!