Bible Pay

Read 3627 times

Recurring Expenses - BLOOM Sponsorships
« on: August 04, 2018, 09:45:42 AM »
Hello all,

Thank you for all your support thus far! We have been sending 10 kids to school (with uniforms, tuition, shelter, food) in Uganda and feeding 4 in Sierra Leone with our second round of funding for 3 months of sponsorship. We'd like to continue sending these kids to school and providing their food/shelter for the next 3 months (Aug-Oct). This is a follow up proposal to my first one where these children were funded.

Here are links to their photos/thank you notes which is updated whenever we get messages and updates from Uganda and Sierra Leone.

https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=222.0
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=221.0

These are the kids that I'm requesting 3 more months of sponsorship for:

Rania- Uganda - 5 yrs old
Hakim- Uganda- 9 yrs old
Favor- Uganda- 8 yrs old
Praise- Uganda - 7 yrs old
Isaac- Uganda- 4 yrs old
Laira- Uganda - 10 yrs old
Musigale- Uganda - 10 yrs old
Sharon- Uganda - 10 yrs old
Sylvia- Uganda- 12 yrs old
Edrine- Uganda - 13 yrs old
Aminata D- Sierra Leone
Foday K- Sierra Leone
Mohammed- Sierra Leone
Mabinty- Sierra Leone

Here's a reminder as to the programs these children are part of:

A. Our Side by Side Ministries Program rescues children from abusive situations in the Rakai, Uganda area where they are at risk of being beaten, raped, and neglected by unofficial "foster" families and other negligent guardians. Our team rescues the child, then transfers them to a Christian boarding school while looking for extended family reunification opportunities or a Christian foster family. The cost to sponsor a child for boarding school is $88 per month and it includes all their private school fees, room and board, uniforms, food, medical care, hair cuts, etc.

I would like to request 1,734,559 BBP ($2640) to cover those 10 children for 3 more months of this year.

B. Our Sierra Leone Sponsorship program provides 3 healthy meals per day for the children, including while they are at school, every day each month for $36/mo. These children attend a school at the orphanage, so there are no extra boarding/schooling costs for them. These are children orphaned from poverty and the remnants of the Ebola outbreak that happened there a few years ago.

I am requesting 283,837 BBP ($432) to feed 4 children 3 meals daily for 3 months in Sierra Leone.

I'm also requesting if BBP can sponsor their 4 Sierra Leone kids for their annual school fees which have increased, supplies and uniforms/shoes at $40/each. The kids start school in September. Their current sponsorship doesn't cover school fee increases and uniforms/shoes, only food. This total is 78,843 BBP / $120.

You can read more about our sponsorship programs here
http://www.bloomworldwide.org/orphanchild-sponsorship/

In sum, I'm requesting:
1,734,559 BBP ($2640) to cover 10 children in emergency status for 3 months in Rakai, Uganda
283,837 BBP ($432) to feed 4 children at the Sierra Leone orphanage for 3 months
78,843 ($120) to cover the 4 Sierra Leone kids' school uniforms/fees/supplies
Total Request: 2,097,239 BBP
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 10:32:08 AM by orphandefender »

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
Re: Recurring Expenses - BLOOM Sponsorships
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 10:08:45 AM »
Hi April,

Thanks so much for the update! Absolutely marvelous work.

I will vote in favor of this proposal, but looking at the crypto-markets and BiblePay's current position in them, I would personally suggest caution in requesting sponsorship for more children. I don't know that the coming months will bring, but I would hate to see it happen that BiblePay can't afford to sponsor some of the children anymore and they will have to be dropped.