Read 5006 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
May 2018 Compassion Orphanage Recurring Expenses
« on: May 20, 2018, 12:08:54 PM »
Each month we sponsor approximately 329 orphans currently (309 from Compassion, (20 from Cameroon One and BLOOM)).

Rob, the lead dev charges the expense on his credit card, and keeps a copy of the receipt. 

The expenses can be viewed by navigating to Accountability.biblepay.org | Expenses and viewing the PDF.

We have prepaid 879 childrens premiums so far (between Feb - May 2018) (out of a target of 1854 prepaid premiums),
  meaning we are preapid with compassion at a level of 47% - which is well along the way in
 removing the danger level in the future for these kids (IE we are now 3 months completely prepaid for all children). 

(We have a target of being prepaid 6 months in advance before we continue sponsoring new Compassion children).

All funds raised by this endeavor are spent at compassion.com, with any excess going to prepayments for the future (the prepaid amount is stored at compassion in the biblepay.org account).

To see the amounts we raised in the past by selling BBP for bitcoin see this page:
 See accountability.biblepay.org | Orphans | Orphan Fundraisers.  You can audit the total by finding the sum of all fundraisers.

I am committed to using 100% of the funds received in this months proposal entirely for our orphan premiums for compassion, and anything left over 100% to the future in the form of prepayments.

I am requesting 7,000,000 BBP this month for Compassion.

All orphanage coins are spent on orphan expenses at compassion.com and Rob will 'tip' in a little extra to ensure Gods money is put to use for Gods children.

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
Re: May 2018 Compassion Orphanage Recurring Expenses
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 11:24:31 AM »
> Rob will 'tip' in a little extra to ensure Gods money

Thanks for your generous heart. I thought the other day what you might do with the "points" from the AmEx, but if you're tipping a little extra, I think it balances out.

I was confused with Compassion.com  and referring to orphans because all the kids I read descriptions are on poor kids in families. I wonder if there's a more accurate word to use besides orphans. It raises a red flat (scam) in me if I read orphan but the organization itself doesn't really support orphans (no parent alive) in their current form.

Don't get me wrong... I'm pleased we can help support a coin that aligns itself with God calling us to help the poor.
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 10:10:15 PM »
It is absolutely amazing that we are prepaid for 3 months on all the children! and aiming for 6 months!
Great work Rob!

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 04:11:39 AM »

Thanks for your generous heart. I thought the other day what you might do with the "points" from the AmEx, but if you're tipping a little extra, I think it balances out.

I was confused with Compassion.com  and referring to orphans because all the kids I read descriptions are on poor kids in families. I wonder if there's a more accurate word to use besides orphans. It raises a red flat (scam) in me if I read orphan but the organization itself doesn't really support orphans (no parent alive) in their current form.

Don't get me wrong... I'm pleased we can help support a coin that aligns itself with God calling us to help the poor.

I think that this is a valid point. We should be clear in our wording. I personally don't really mind calling what we do 'helping orphans' because I know that is being meant by this, but I agree that for newcomers, this might be confusing.

Maybe a more suitable definition would be 'disadvantaged/needy/underprivileged children'?

Of course, the Bible-verse we use states:
"Pure and undefiled religion is to care for orphans and widows in their distress,
and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world." James 1:27

These are the orphans we are referring to.

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 11:31:25 AM »
Whether you are newcomer or not, there's a specific definition of orphan. Compassion.com does not lift up orphans. They help poor children with families. If orphans are the true target, then BBP should increase over time to help orphanages more. I think all current BBP charities are helpful -- the marketing just needs to reflect the charity's mission.

poor
1. lacking sufficient money to live at a standard considered comfortable or normal in a society.

synonyms:   poverty-stricken, penniless, moneyless, impoverished, low-income, necessitous, impecunious, indigent, needy, destitute, pauperized, unable to make ends meet, without a sou; More

2. worse than is usual, expected, or desirable; of a low or inferior standard or quality.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2018, 11:42:05 AM by LifeThruGrace »
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 10:51:43 PM »
I think it's important to note that there are several definitions of orphans in the orphan care world.

“Double orphan” or “True orphan” – both parents are deceased
“Single orphan” – one parent is deceased, other is not around or unable to care for child.
“Social orphan” – abandoned or neglected by family and removed from the home, usually due to: Drug/alcohol use, Abuse/neglect, Financial problems/poverty.   

Many organizations aim to serve social and single orphans, who may have a living parent who cannot care for them. Perhaps Compassion's underprivileged kids fit into these categories. The children remain vulnerable either way.

Congrats on the huge leap in advance funding for Compassion, Rob! This is amazing progress.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 01:07:00 PM »

Good point about the amex points.  Well first of all, I tipped 1 million extra bbp to the orphanage account last month, so I think that exceeds the annual points I received when I successfully used it for compassion.  Next, Amex declined the charge last month because it was over $20,000 so its not clear there will be points every month (it didnt go on amex).  Lastly, I already have a lot of existing points, but Ive never redeemed any, more than enough to fly a roundtrip ticket (before I started working with compassion), and when I tried to use the points for an airline ticket, they only offered "connection" flights and I ended up paying for the direct flight out of my pocket.   

So when I do use the amex points, Ill try to use them for travel related to biblepay.  As wherever I go on vacation, I take my laptop and end up working during the day.  When I visit my parents, I work out of their house.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 01:08:47 PM by Rob A. »