Bible Pay

Read 5060 times

Buying BBPs
« on: April 22, 2018, 09:38:25 AM »
Hello,

I´m totally new to crypto currencies but I was eager to gather some experience. Thus I´ve chosen BBP to be my one (and only) private coin, as I really love the idea(l)s behind it.

After reading a lot I found out, that rewards for PoDC and PoW only would be given with a reasonable amount of BBPs staked in the wallet. As my RAC is nearly 2.000, that should be 40.000 BBPs roundabout. Buying them only seems to be possibe with BTC on the exchanges C-CEX and SouthXChange. For buying BTC, I´m using Coinbase.

Now I actually don´t know how those exchanges work. I´ve registered for both mentioned exchanges, but they look really confusing.

Did someone of you already buy BBPs there and would be so kind to provide a "How-To" for newbies like me?
That would really be great! :-)

Best,
Jandro
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 09:48:32 AM by Jandro »

Re: Buying BBPs
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 12:05:57 PM »
Never mind, wasn't that hard actually :-)
Getting my first BBP from C-CEX worked fine, so I'm receiving my first rewards as well.

Good to be here!

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 03:04:17 PM »
Sorry, I totally missed your post!

Happy to see that you were able to buy some BBP and are receiving rewards! And welcome to the community. If you have any more questions, just let me know :)

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 12:41:46 PM »
Coinbase is super user friendly, and keeps the buying simple by doing a market order when you buy BTC
Whereas C-CEX and SouthXchange use limit orders

"Market orders are transactions meant to execute as quickly as possible at the present or market price.
Conversely, a limit order sets the maximum or minimum price at which you are willing to buy or sell."

The other annoying part is making sure you send to the correct deposit address and then having to wait enough transactions before you can use it

Anyways, glad you figured it out!

Also just a general note, after using an exchange its always good to transfer your coins to your own wallet and not keep them on exchanges for too long, theres this phrase in the crypto community "not your private keys, not your coins", some exchanges have lost coins or gone out of business and people lose all the coins they had on them

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 10:08:55 PM »
Use GDAX instead of Coinbase. ACH transfers are free (bank to GDAX). You pay a small fee to buy BTC. But you pay no fee to withdraw that BTC to CCEX or SouthXchange. Coinbase just charges a lot of unnecessary fee because they are simple to use. Just learn the GDAX interface and save yourself on network fees. https://support.gdax.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2425097-what-are-the-fees-on-gdax-

Can't say I was happy with the fees on the exchange  BBP is listed on. They seemed a little higher than other places I've used like Bittrex, Bleutrade, Cryptopia, etc. But what can you do... you go wherever the pair is. I've done some small deals under 5k BBP over Discord, but you have to be comfortable with the risk...
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ