Bible Pay

Read 8500 times

Is God both male and female if we pay attention to Genesis?
« on: August 10, 2020, 10:20:50 PM »
Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

So God created man in his own image,

in the image of God he created him;

male and female he created them.

And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” (Genesis 1:26-28 ESV)

What we see here is that human beings are absolutely created in God's image. The question is, what does it mean that we are created in God's image? Interestingly, the first thing God says after he talks about his image is the quality of dominion. So, part of humans being in God's image means ruling over the earth, just as he rules by his divine providence.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: Is God both male and female if we pay attention to Genesis?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 04:22:22 PM »
Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

So God created man in his own image,

in the image of God he created him;

male and female he created them.

And God blessed them. And God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth and subdue it, and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” (Genesis 1:26-28 ESV)

What we see here is that human beings are absolutely created in God's image. The question is, what does it mean that we are created in God's image? Interestingly, the first thing God says after he talks about his image is the quality of dominion. So, part of humans being in God's image means ruling over the earth, just as he rules by his divine providence.

Interesting Topic buddy!

In order to provide my opinion on this answer, and I say all of this imho, not as someone like Jesus with authority, we have to take into account the entire book of Genesis written in Hebrew.

He says here HE created man in his image first (implying God is male).  Then he adds 'both male and female' implying that Genesis 2:22 is that he is creating a helper, and a method for being fruitful to multiply on the Earth (The rib which the Lord God has taken from man,    made into a woman ....  brought her to the man --)  :
And what I gather from the entirety (since God does not contradict himself) is that he has both the qualities and characteristics of male and female in his spirit, has the outward look and image of a man, and (this part is from Mary K Baxter -- see here : http://foundation.biblepay.org/Media?mediaid=A09B8064-3EE2-4AE2-9DF8-31E20EE9F35D
  )  does not have or need the ability to procreate sexually (IE angels in heaven, sons of God in heaven of the Angelic host) do not need to use sexual organs (I don't know if they have them, Im just repeating testimony that in heaven, they are not marrying or giving in marriage, or producting more offspring -- however in the Millenial Kingdom, those Jewish Virgins ARE being fruitful in contrast to heaven).

I believe that procreation is distinct for this plane of existence.  A female who is raptured can have no more babies, will grow to be 30 years old, and aborted babies will also grow to be 30 - and will live without pain or disease, forever.

I believe God the Father is Male.

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 05:19:06 PM »
If we found Adam's body preserved today, would have had one less rib than the typical 24 (12 pairs)?
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 06:15:49 PM »
If we found Adam's body preserved today, would have had one less rib than the typical 24 (12 pairs)?

Its an interesting question and no one really knows the true answer (unless you pray and get a dream or something), but imho, I think after he came out of the deep sleep, I think his rib was missing, but, since God took it, most likely the flesh was perfectly healed or had a regular scar that would heal, and, since this was before the fall of man, most likely God set it up to regenerate later.

So my answer is he either died with all his ribs (if God set it up to regenerate or if he complained about pain when he was doing gardening), or, maybe he did die with a missing rib.

But I do believe in a literal bible with very few allegories personally.

• Nitinlahoti

• November 06, 2020, 12:14:24 AM
    more
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2020, 12:19:35 AM »
Great information, thanks for updating

• lucas21

• November 12, 2020, 03:58:12 AM
    more
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2020, 04:10:04 AM »
I feel God is male, female, transgender too.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2020, 10:23:02 AM »

Per Leviticus 18:22
You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.

He is definitely not transgender.

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

more
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2020, 06:15:30 PM »
Its an interesting question and no one really knows the true answer (unless you pray and get a dream or something), but imho, I think after he came out of the deep sleep, I think his rib was missing, but, since God took it, most likely the flesh was perfectly healed or had a regular scar that would heal, and, since this was before the fall of man, most likely God set it up to regenerate later.

So my answer is he either died with all his ribs (if God set it up to regenerate or if he complained about pain when he was doing gardening), or, maybe he did die with a missing rib.

But I do believe in a literal bible with very few allegories personally.

Either way, I think all men thereafter if born in perfect health, would have had 24 ribs since we are not privvy like Adam to God's intervention.

• MIP

• February 13, 2018, 11:55:52 AM
    more
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2020, 03:48:54 PM »

"So God created mankind in his own image,
    in the image of God he created them;
    male and female he created them."

Trasgender category does not exist actually. It is a marxist (satanic) invention.

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

more
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2020, 12:20:38 AM »
Trasgender category does not exist actually. It is a marxist (satanic) invention.

We used to call it transsexual several decades ago, but the extreme left changed the wording to transgender. No matter how much people want to state that it is biological, it is still a social construct. Biologically, there is male and female. In very rare circumstances, intersex or hermaphrodites do exist, but let's not buy into this extremely rare circumstances as somehow typical.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2020, 08:25:48 AM »

We used to call it transsexual several decades ago, but the extreme left changed the wording to transgender. No matter how much people want to state that it is biological, it is still a social construct. Biologically, there is male and female. In very rare circumstances, intersex or hermaphrodites do exist, but let's not buy into this extremely rare circumstances as somehow typical.

Right, I agree 100% with you.  And the left is trying to change the face of transexual and transvestite to transgender to soften it and approve it by society, but, they are actually calling evil good and good evil.

But aside from social constructs, lets touch on the homosexual and lesbian tendency that exists within the realm of Gods created:  God calls it an abomination to be gay.  Now no preacher wants to talk about this for fear of losing revenue.  However, I want to say that if a man grows up with a sexual tendency for men, he needs the love of Jesus to break the chain.  I argue that it is the spirit of homosexuality enticing him to bent on evil.  A lot of churches wont even admit there are demons that can captivate, or deliverance (Luke 1019 states the truth and of course the book of Acts).  I have first hand experience in not only seeing deliverance, but being delivered from e-cigarettes when I was saved.  I can see first hand that Jesus can break every chain and that includes hard drug use (Todd White), cocaine (someone we ministered to), and homosexuality.  Although I have no direct experience changing the heart of a gay person, I absolutely know 100% what happens when you get baptized in the holy spirit and are gay.  The gay spirit has the desire to leave.  The chain is broken immediately or overnight.  This is not an exaduration or a hope.  It only takes the desire of the believer to be free from evil.  So of course I would like everyone to stand up for what is literally in the bible, and preach it in an uncorrupted way.

Gays and Lesbians and LGBTQs are captivated by evil demons who want to corrupt their lives so they have no problem doing the work of the evil one, and they can be delivered by Jesus by being filled with the Holy Spirit.

« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2021, 10:44:14 AM »
Very interesting thread... and one close to my own heart, having dealt with a mess of mixed up sexuality topics in my own life growing up.

On the overall discussion I personally believe there is a difference between sex and gender - the former being a characteristic of this physical realm, and the latter being characteristics that make up a whole spiritual person.  Within each of us exist both male and female characteristics - qualities that we have associated with specific physical sexes.  But these characteristics are part of the Spiritual realm not the physical realm.

Confusion on this topic has resulted in the ability of the enemy to lead people into wrong thinking and thereafter wrong practices.

This leads me to the reason for responding to the last comment.  When bringing up my children one bit of advice I received was to ensure that during correction, I speak to the action and not confuse identity with it. So by example I chose NOT to say "bad boy" or "bad girl", but instead spoke to the actions themselves as being bad.  Part of the correction involved consequences for the actions, followed by re-affirming who they were (identity), that they were loved and encouragement for them to choose for themself to behave in more beneficial ways.

So the following may seem nitpicky to point out but the bible never said that it is an abomination to BE gay.  The bible actually speaks about the actions being the abomination.  We live in corrupt bodies because of the fall.  {Our Spirits are redeemed... our souls are being redeemed and our physical bodies WILL be redeemed.  Until then we must practice living from the Spirit realm, which means commanding our bodies... and our soul... to operate under obedience to the Christ. } Consequently we will always have to battle not just the devil, but also the corruption inside our own bodies.  These are like whims that we MUST control.  We have learned (or should have learned) that our frustration with others does NOT give us the right to physically assault them or worse, to kill them.  That is a whim we may feel, but know easily that is not a thought to dwell on or entertain because it's wrong.  The same type of process needs to be applied to all our thoughts.  Do they line up with God's way of living as we read in His word?  If yes then good... if no, then we need to utterly reject that thought and spend no more time thinking on it.  Rejection of these thoughts and control of them is a sign of maturity.  We may have these thoughts because we are still in these unredeemed bodies, but as redeemed children of God we are not to allow them to remain, much less to practice them as that would be where we start seeing the portion that God calls an abomination.  But the presence of the thoughts themselves is not sinful... it is a consequence of this physical realm, and an opportunity for us to demonstrate God's character in us by rejecting them.  You cannot reject something that never comes into your thoughts.

For me that looks like rejecting any thoughts that would be contrary to God's design of me and embracing what He says about my identity.
He made my body male.  That ends my own thoughts of what sex I am.  But it doesn't exempt me from operating in feminine characteristics when I need to.  There are times when I need to nurture, or be sensitive and compassionate... qualities typically linked to female.  For me to not operate in those qualities when God wants me to, would be rebellion and opens the door to sin.  But my physical design brings some inherent strengths that I also need to operate in to fulfill God's intention for me; things like willingness to take risk, to initiate, to protect and fight for Justice and Righteousness and to Love unto death for the betterment of those I've been given.

I cannot deny either of the gender qualities in me and have any hope to be whole.  But I am a male and need to be settled in that without question in order to move forward with what God has intended for my life.

So is God both male and female?  Yes I believe He is both - Jesus was definitely male on the earth in this physical realm, but in the Spirit realm we will need to be open to letting God show us what that level of wholeness looks like with regard to being both male and female.