Bible Pay

Read 303631 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)
« Reply #810 on: February 27, 2021, 11:53:57 AM »
I just received your email Rob, sent back aswell.
Indeed on the 24th februari i sent you a  mail.   But i noticed my  block was stuck at number 254219  in transactions i see this:
Code: [Select]
Datum: 2021-02-24 19:31
Till: BB2BwSbDCqCqNsfc7FgWFJn4sRgnUt4tsM
Debet: -100.00000000 BBP
Transaktionsavgift: -0.01214000 BBP
Nettomängd: -100.01214000 BBP
Transaktions-ID: da024e8dd3662451f3b9d814e7d0c0c1065ec7f2f1c74cf49970140451b1fe43
Output index: 1
Transaction total size: 1213 bytes

Height: 254080
Difficulty: 1.06
Time: 02-24-2021 18:37:46
Subsidy: 6113.2705

Debet: -98.56999999 BBP
Debet: -1.32000000 BBP
Debet: -0.04585680 BBP
Debet: -0.08999999 BBP
Kredit: 0.01371678 BBP
To: BAT96TZwqZiryizTTmyq1Grj5R3VbaDHX9 0.0000 BIBLEPAY

Transaktion:
CTransaction(hash=da024e8dd3, ver=1, type=0, vin.size=4, vout.size=2, nLockTime=254079, vExtraPayload.size=0)
    CTxIn(COutPoint(02b2efcb18a5d5333d4ae1a480b4a9a238bffa0a1640b3f9b34f5d8ae59c9b7d, 4), scriptSig=473044022036700ce1a2cc8d, nSequence=4294967294)
    CTxIn(COutPoint(ca2b8d2d5091a8ff6a0b223fd64b4deb2a5d98353a2503e714e183af2419a9cd, 2), scriptSig=483045022100cd1763ca9088, nSequence=4294967294)
    CTxIn(COutPoint(e1d8ad8a1581c5362f7015148d9b158e8aff4b0cab36b0391d530cfca4ba4303, 0), scriptSig=48304502210094bf085963fc, nSequence=4294967294)
    CTxIn(COutPoint(f2c9b187d0a3e79f29cbea1368680459778f7853e36ef1d26c38dc33ebda0bfb, 2), scriptSig=483045022100b0af95b58d27, nSequence=4294967294)
    CTxOut(nValue=0.01371678, scriptPubKey=76a91441d3a8845f361323ad1998b0)
    CTxOut(nValue=100.00000000, scriptPubKey=76a9144813c26f2846cfcde5d1cc62)

EMAIL: bf25d2baa35242b6bf5820f81db7919e0c24526f710265d098d8c8034578e34c994Earl@[email protected]

Verses:

♕ Isa 8:2 - And I took unto me faithful witnesses to record, Uriah the priest, and Zechariah the son of Jeberechiah.
♕ Isa 8:3 - And I went unto the prophetess; and she conceived, and bare a son. Then said the LORD to me, Call his name Mahershalalhashbaz.
♕ Isa 8:4 - For before the child shall have knowledge to cry, My father, and my mother, the riches of Damascus and the spoil of Samaria shall be taken away before the king of Assyria.
♕ Isa 8:5 - The LORD spake also unto me again, saying,
♕ Isa 8:6 - Forasmuch as this people refuseth the waters of Shiloah that go softly, and rejoice in Rezin and Remaliah's son;
♕ Isa 8:7 - Now therefore, behold, the Lord bringeth up upon them the waters of the river, strong and many, even the king of Assyria, and all his glory: and he shall come up over all his channels, and go over all his banks:
♕ Isa 8:8 - And he shall pass through Judah; he shall overflow and go over, he shall reach even to the neck; and the stretching out of his wings shall fill the breadth of thy land, O Immanuel.

Hi Earlz!
I did get it and just replied to you yes!

So anyway my theory is possibly when the supermajority of the sancs upgraded that is around a day after the announcement I think those on the old client started to drift off.  We didnt break consensus rules, but what we experience I believe is the daily smart contract block has a rule in it for APM, and its possible that particular block is the issue.  Next time this happens let me know what your 'getchaintips' says, anyone, if you go out of sync before the 255,000 cutover block.  Let me know what block you are stuck on and Ill know if that is the daily GSC block.  Bottom line is, yes, I believe your client did not send the e-mail out on the 24th til you upgraded and synced past that block yes exactly!

Anyway yeah once you reindexed you got past it.  I know the chain is healthy because we have a 1.30 diff.

After block 255,000 however we do enforce the new rules (there is a rule in this wallet that hangs up on all nodes on old versions after 255K, and, rejects blocks mined on old versions).

5600 BBP
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 11:55:30 AM by Rob Andrews »

• ringa

• January 14, 2021, 03:22:44 PM
    more
Re: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)
« Reply #811 on: February 27, 2021, 01:30:32 PM »
Here is something very scary:

Going to https://www.vultr.com (or vultr.com):
Page not found (404)

LOL.  Can you imagine how many cryptocurrencies are shaking in their boots right now if the "decentralized" networks no longer exist?

Luckily all the servers are up, but it goes to show you how 'decentralized' crypto really is.  Im not bashing our space -- simply pointing out a vulnerability we should build around as we mature - to ensure we host some sancs on our home networks also.  On a side note, we are the only coin to my knowledge that have Windows sanctuaries available in addition to linux.  And since we don't require watchman on the wall anymore we also support nginx free watchman.

EDIT:  They are back up now.

5600 BBP

On a similar note, I've been wondering about how different wallets "connect to the network" to sync up, and how can that possibly be interrupted to shutdown access to a crypto's network.  Given the current state of censorship in tech today, and how the saints should be expecting more and more of this to come, I tend to think about this a lot.

I imagine that there's some sort of DNS lookup when a wallet starts, which gives them the IP (or set of IPs) for nodes to connect to. If the domain name is revoked and/or DNS cannot resolve, is there a manual way for people to bootstrap their wallets to get "on the network"? if so, do we have that documented in the wallet or on the wiki?

-R

1000 BBP

• MIP

• February 13, 2018, 11:55:52 AM
    more
« Reply #812 on: February 27, 2021, 01:38:24 PM »
I imagine that there's some sort of DNS lookup when a wallet starts, which gives them the IP (or set of IPs) for nodes to connect to. If the domain name is revoked and/or DNS cannot resolve, is there a manual way for people to bootstrap their wallets to get "on the network"? if so, do we have that documented in the wallet or on the wiki?

-R

You always have the option to use "addnode ip-address add" command (or config file line addnode=ip-address

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #813 on: February 27, 2021, 04:10:12 PM »
On a similar note, I've been wondering about how different wallets "connect to the network" to sync up, and how can that possibly be interrupted to shutdown access to a crypto's network.  Given the current state of censorship in tech today, and how the saints should be expecting more and more of this to come, I tend to think about this a lot.

-R

Yeah you bring up very, very good points Im completely in agreement with how horrible big tech censorship has become - you can see it very clearly in youtube, facebook, amazon, and twitter and frighteningly, in the supermajoriy of big tech - of course even Microsoft.  Whats coming is terrifying, just look at AT&T patent 10163055B2 - Routing policies for biological hosts, etc.   https://humaninternet.org/index.html

Anyway, Im not an expert in this area but I know a couple things that I can mention that lead people toward the info.

First of all, bitcoin did think of this weakness in DNS.  The peers.dat file goes by both IP and hostname, and the 'seeder node', its a custom program built by peter todd called 'dnsseed' mimics a DNS server, but provides the very initial peers in a new network to find other nodes.  Most of our clone coins have some type of seeder running.  BiblePay has a few static DNS host entries compiled in the wallet that point to some of our exposed nodes and I update them if they ever get out of whack.  Here is the seeder info:  https://motion-software.com/blog/how-to-create-a-dns-seeder-for-your-new-alt-coin/                                For BiblePay, if DNS were to go down we would stay up by IPv4, because we have 3 'dns1-dns3'.biblepay.org nodes with ipv4 address in main (see ThreadOpenAddedConnections) we have the IPv4 in there - same as if someone manually added 4 seed nodes to the wallet on a new wallet.  So the new node would reach out by IPv4 if the dns network was down.

But what you bring up is if the govt were to censor certain domains known to be cryptos for example - the seed nodes.  In bitcoins case, as long as IPv4 routing still works, the nodes would find each other by IPv4 address.

On a related subject there is a war going on right now for DNS standards (encrypted DNS vs classic dns).  Mozilla has eDNS, and this requires you to update your browser with an HTTPS resolver instead of googles 8.8.8.8 for example, and this bypasses the whole infrastructure.

So anyway I think the cryptocommunity has worked around the DNS weakness, but that of course does not mean they are safe from being censored in other ways.  I mean, vultr could block the port (on government demand) effectively shutting down 90% of the traffic of a crypto for example.  Routers could get new rules that dont route certain port traffic etc.  Govts could instruct ISPs to re-route crypto traffic over a snail-throttle lane, etc.  Or maybe they could tax us per byte.

Interesting subject.

5600 BBP
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 04:22:18 PM by Rob Andrews »

• Cjm_258

• January 03, 2018, 07:55:05 AM
    more
« Reply #814 on: February 27, 2021, 08:06:40 PM »
@Cjm_258
I dont have any tutorial for you , but you can download the wallet at: https://www.biblepay.org/wallet/  aswell as checking the integrity via the hash.

Thank you, that worked after i erased  chain. The XMR INQUIRY button on the foundation site has not been working the past few days for me. This is the only way i know of to check the status of the xmr mined.

Also i noticed you guys talking about getting more exposure, It would be alot of help for the Biblepay account to be more active on twitter again. This new wallet has some really great features that i think people will love and should know about.

1000 BBP

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

• August 02, 2018, 03:22:01 AM
    more
« Reply #815 on: February 28, 2021, 08:03:15 AM »
@Cjm_258
The XMR INQUIRY button on the foundation site has not been working the past few days for me.

Hey.
I tried the "xmr inquiry button" out now and it worked for me.
But if having trouble with it you can just go to https://minexmr.com/dashboard and post your monero adress there and you should see your hashrate and how much monero you have gotten so far.

This new wallet has some really great features that i think people will love and should know about.

Absolutely i agree with you, for sure some nice upcoming features.

Joshua 1:9
Have i not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid;
do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God
will be with you wherever you go.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #816 on: February 28, 2021, 08:09:52 AM »
Thank you, that worked after i erased  chain. The XMR INQUIRY button on the foundation site has not been working the past few days for me. This is the only way i know of to check the status of the xmr mined.

Also i noticed you guys talking about getting more exposure, It would be alot of help for the Biblepay account to be more active on twitter again. This new wallet has some really great features that i think people will love and should know about.

1000 BBP
1) Thats great  you are in sync now and downloaded now.
2) Yeah on the XMR inquiry, we recently had to change the link inside foundation.biblepay.org, but now it is changed so it should work.  Might be that you may have a cached file, try ctrl-f5 after clicking on the xmr inquiry from the side menu.
3) I agree on twitter, but honestly this is kind of a surprise to me.  Togo was handling twitter and I didnt know he was leaving the project.  I didnt hear back from him when I reached out to upgrade the bx, and one of our partners said he hasnt replied to them either so I suppose we need a person to replace him.  Ill reach out to MIP and see if he is interested in manning twitter or, if anyone already has the credentials and likes twitter, who would like to take over that function.

5700 BBP
« Last Edit: February 28, 2021, 08:17:28 AM by Rob Andrews »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #817 on: February 28, 2021, 08:30:52 AM »
@Cjm_258
Hey.
I tried the "xmr inquiry button" out now and it worked for me.
But if having trouble with it you can just go to https://minexmr.com/dashboard and post your monero adress there and you should see your hashrate and how much monero you have gotten so far.

Absolutely i agree with you, for sure some nice upcoming features.

Hi Earl--

Just wanted to let you know I think the idea born in testnet about making BiblePay into a standard merge-mined coin has really resonated well.  I was praying about it and I feel led to move this idea forward.

So looking at this from a financial perspective we receive the lions share of our donations from the sanctuaries who sponsor orphans.  This is currently WAY MORE than 10% of our emissions technically (IE people cannot say we only give 10% to charity, as our emissions are currently 38MM per month and 10% is 3.8MM, but we gave about 16MM to charity equivalent over the last quarter - each month).  And on a side note, I realize that is unsustainable.  When we grow a little more, each sanctuary will just sponsor one orphan and receive enough revenue to cover their expense - plus hopefully profit for themselves. 

Anyway my point is if we weight the tradeoff between losing $100 per month in orphan revenue (and removing the mining-tithe), and the potential we stand to gain - IE just like DOGE supports hundreds of mining pools to merge mine LTC + DOGE, we stand to gain a LOT of new users this way.

So, I feel like we should really go with this plain vanilla merge mining idea and open the floodgates.

What this means for me is the following:
- Standardize the foundation code to be more like DOGE + LTC, and we will be BBP + XMR (I think the XMR guys like us at least for the run we've had on their end has been profitable)
- Remove the 10% orphan tithe from the mining side (Remember we still give more than 10% to charity through our sanctuaries who sponsor orphans!)
- Post a bounty for a project for anyone who wants to make a linux merge mining pool that works with BBP + XMR.  Im hoping this item will open us up to work with other merge-mine pools.
- Reach out to Songs pool to have him upgrade
- Remove the mining limitations in the core wallet (right now we require a block to be solved by a pool that is in our RX list!  This is to prevent corruption).
- Ask people to reach out to other big DOGE-LTC pools to see if they want to add biblepay

Looking at this it appears to be in the best interests of the community so I am willing to get started immediately on this.

On a side note everyone, we have some really neat things going on in the background.  I'm on conference calls with an Irish Priest each week to make a payment gateway.  We are going to start a weekly prayer call to pray for BiblePay, and also for the items on the prayer list.

5700 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #818 on: February 28, 2021, 09:05:32 AM »
BiblePay - Mandatory Upgrade - For Entire Network
1.5.4.5 - Height 255,000

Press Release:
https://foundation.biblepay.org/Press/PressRelease1544.htm

Release:
https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/releases/tag/1.5.4.4

More information:
https://wiki.biblepay.org/Mandatory_Upgrade_1545

Changelog:
https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/blob/master/changelog.md

Most of the documentation for UTXO staking, BBP University and POP3 can be found in the referenced documents in this wiki page:
Announcement: https://wiki.biblepay.org/Mandatory_Upgrade_1545
UTXO:  https://wiki.biblepay.org/UTXO_Mining
DAC: https://wiki.biblepay.org/Decentralized_Autonomous_Charity
POP3: https://wiki.biblepay.org/Decentralized_Email

UTXO How-to-video:
http://foundation.biblepay.org/Press/How_To_Stake_With_BiblePay.mp4

Explain Important Changes to the BiblePay Network at height 255,000:

- DWS will temporarily stay enabled for existing payments only (but will be disabled for new stakes) until all old stakes are paid.  This is so we can promote UTXO mining instead.
- UTXO mining replaces DWS.  With UTXO mining you can be rewarded the coinbase mining block reward when you add a new UTXO stake, and, additionally you can receive a perpetual reward in the UTXO leaderboard (daily).
- DashStake will be disabled, but, you may re-stake the dash stakes as UTXO stakes.
- The wallet will support more crypto-currency pairs for UTXO mining!  At the cutover height you can stake BBP, or BBP+Dash, BBP+DOGE, BBP+LTC or BBP+BTC.  Once successful, we plan on voting more pairs in!
- UTXO mining appeals to 17 million Dash addresses, and 450 million unique Bitcoin addresses, giving us a large potential new user base!
- RandomX merge mining is still fully implemented for block security.  Since we are merge mined, no one can come in and "buy" BBP with hashpower.
- For all the blocks that are Not new UTXO transactions, our RX miners still get the subsidy!  The UTXO subsidy only goes to new staked UTXOs as a reward to bring popularity to our network from other (foreign UTXOs) - IE newbies.
- When you stake BBP only, you receive approx. half the reward.  When you stake BBP+any foreign currency, you receive up to double the reward.  The reward is based on the lower of the two values * 2.  For example, if you stake $200 of BBP combined with $150 of Dash, your UTXO is valued at $150 * 2 = $300.   If you stake $200 of BBP alone, the UTXO is valued at $200.  If you stake $150 of BBP + $200 of bitcoin, the stake is valued at $150 * 2 = $300.00.
- PODC is being phased out over 60 days.  During the first month, PODC rewards are halved.  Then during the second month they are reduced to 0 while UTXO rewards are ramped up to 99% of the daily GSC contract.  Healing is still available at 1%.

If you encounter any questions, please feel free to ask so we can add to the documentation.

5500 BBP

Only 8 hours left before the mandatory cutover height!  Exciting times.  Imho, our most important release ever.  I'm excited about offering free college level course material, and on a side note I'm taking these courses myself to edify myself - and to ensure they all work.

I've received a few questions, so I want to make sure everyone knows the answer:

1)  Please ensure you are upgraded to 1.5.4.5 after block 255,000.  The last release, 1.5.4.5 has a tiny feature in it that makes the stake coin selection accurate.  Exchanges do not need to upgrade.  Sancs can upgrade as a leisure.

2) One user asked how to stake with BiblePay only (they have no foreign currency).  To stake with BiblePay only you have two options:
Option 1:  If you go to the Send Money page, you can check UTXO stake.  The amount you put in the amount field is the minimum coin amount searched for to be used in the stake.  Note that stakes must be > 10K and less than 10MM.  The actual coin amount used depends on what coins you have in your wallet.  Lets talk about denominating your coins next.

It is important to denominate your wallet ocasionally, this only needs to be done every so often.  To denominate your wallet into 100K bills, and let us assume you have 1MM biblepay, that would be 10 bills, you would type:
exec bankroll 10 100000
This would denominate your wallet into ten 100K bills.  This is useful for staking bigger amounts.

Once we induct your stake into the leaderboard, it automatically gets locked so that you cant spend it by accident.  (You can always unlock your stake by going into coin control, right click the amount and unlock it then you can spend it).  Note that if you spend a locked stake, that particular stake will fall out of the leaderboard.

Note that you can double click on positions in the leaderboard to see what positions you hold.  You will see each ticker and quantity, and its USD value, etc.

The second method to stake BBP alone is from the command line.  You can type 'easybbpstake' for that.  It gives you a little finer control over the dry run mode, etc.

What happens if I dont bankroll my wallet?  If you don't bankroll it, lets say you have 250 transactions in it worth 1K each.  Every time you send a stake, they will be rejected because you have no coins > 10K.  The UTXO stake mechanism requires one coin at a time to be tied up, per new stake operation.

3) Do we have any better instructions on how to do a hybrid stake (BBP + my foreign currency) LTC / DOGE/ BTC / DASH?  Yes:
Please watch this video on how to stake with the 'easystake' command:
http://foundation.biblepay.org/Press/How_To_Stake_With_BiblePay.mp4

5700 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #819 on: February 28, 2021, 03:36:56 PM »
Not sure if anyone has done this but I received a Voice of the Martyrs newsletter and they were talking about handing out mp3 players in N Korea with the gospel on it.

And I was thinking maybe we can have a bible printed in Korean with a cover that says "Learning cryptocurrency" etc.  Something that throws off the real contents and have a chapter about cryptocurrency in it but the actual whole new testament in it also. 

5800 BBP

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
Not sure if anyone has done this but I received a Voice of the Martyrs newsletter and they were talking about handing out mp3 players in N Korea with the gospel on it.

And I was thinking maybe we can have a bible printed in Korean with a cover that says "Learning cryptocurrency" etc.  Something that throws off the real contents and have a chapter about cryptocurrency in it but the actual whole new testament in it also. 

5800 BBP

Yeah, balloons are popular that is filled with communication, media, etc for North Korean citizens to learn about the outside world.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balloon_propaganda_campaigns_in_Korea

3100 BBP
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

more
Hello Rob.
I successfully made a bbp-dash utxo stake via ledger live wallet. Went smooth no problems at all.
Thumbs up champ!

Sounds good about the  standard-merge mining  idea. To me personally it just sounds more logical  when comparing ups vs downs.
Keeping my eye on the biblepay unchained thread aswell!
Have a good one.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 03:33:15 AM by earlzmoade »

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

more
Earl - I sent you a test message and it went straight through. I tried again to Rob, but again was foiled.

1100 BBP

Hello Radar.
I still have not received any test mail from you, im thinking perhaps something is wrong with your setup.
What mail client are you using and biblepay wallet version?
You can test send mail to me at : [email protected] and Robs mail is: [email protected]
Have a good one.

So I just type "easybbpstake 10000 1" and will be staking?

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

more
So I just type "easybbpstake 10000 1" and will be staking?

Yeah. It will take a few confirmations before you will see yourself in leaderboard.. Ofcourse if you only gonna stake biblepay you could do it from the send section of the wallet and just click in "send utxo stake?"