Bible Pay

Read 410510 times

• T-Mike

• February 06, 2018, 06:12:58 PM
    more
I think you saw your CPID appear on the front page but not magnitude, since you are still not in the san\filtered file yet (that will always only get bigger).  Yeah your not in yet, so you should have 0 payments.

Also, 'exec getboincinfo' shows your up to date RAC and should show 0 mag.  Do u have RAC yet?

Maybe we should move to once per day superblocks in testnet so we dont have to check as many.  We need some type of report you can run that shows every cpid and payment in the last superblock.

It's at 247 now. I think we need to have better status update or we will have lots of the same questions to answer regarding RAC and payment. When I said I saw a RAC number I meant I saw it on the front page.

02:33:37

exec getboincinfo

02:33:38

{
  "Command": "getboincinfo",
  "CPID": "e94c1704c75f731f8bfde303f08408ee",
  "Address": "yiqLtGKtrDykVqrFREoZ8B5mhRE66s4cw8",
  "CPIDS": "e94c1704c75f731f8bfde303f08408ee;",
  "NextSuperblockHeight": 5643,
  "e94c1704c75f731f8bfde303f08408ee_RAC": 247.62,
  "LastSuperblockHeight": 5247,
  "Payments": 0,
  "Budget": 1386000,
  "Magnitude": 0
}
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 08:37:36 PM by T-Mike »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
It's at 247 now. I think we need to have better status update or we will have lots of the same questions to answer regarding RAC and payment. When I said I saw a RAC number I meant I saw it on the front page.

02:33:37

exec getboincinfo

02:33:38

{
  "Command": "getboincinfo",
  "CPID": "e94c1704c75f731f8bfde303f08408ee",
  "Address": "yiqLtGKtrDykVqrFREoZ8B5mhRE66s4cw8",
  "CPIDS": "e94c1704c75f731f8bfde303f08408ee;",
  "NextSuperblockHeight": 5643,
  "e94c1704c75f731f8bfde303f08408ee_RAC": 247.62,
  "LastSuperblockHeight": 5247,
  "Payments": 0,
  "Budget": 1386000,
  "Magnitude": 0
}

I think what we need is a sentence saying Please wait 24 hours for magnitude to populate.... I think I can query when a person associated their CPID, and if its < 24 hours, maybe place a warning in the getboincinfo : Warning CPID associated 14 hours ago, please wait 24 hours for magnitude to populate.  If the magnitude is 0 on the front page, thats normal for the first 24 hours.

• T-Mike

more
I think what we need is a sentence saying Please wait 24 hours for magnitude to populate.... I think I can query when a person associated their CPID, and if its < 24 hours, maybe place a warning in the getboincinfo : Warning CPID associated 14 hours ago, please wait 24 hours for magnitude to populate.  If the magnitude is 0 on the front page, thats normal for the first 24 hours.

Yeah, I would like to get to the bottom of my missing payment, not sure what went wrong. It could be that I read wrong but...

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Yeah, I would like to get to the bottom of my missing payment, not sure what went wrong. It could be that I read wrong but...

Maybe we misunderstood each other - I am saying you definitely didnt see a magnitude earlier, because you are not (definitely not) in the SAN/filtered file.

If you want to see the file, please cd /SAN and cat filtered.

It only grows in size, it does not shrink.

Therefore you were never with magnitude, and therefore would have no payments.

Your CPID association was < 24 hours ago, you are last in the list of dccs:  exec list dccs

To help cut the confusion down, I just added a feature to show the Warning I mentioned in the previous post.

• T-Mike

more
Maybe we misunderstood each other - I am saying you definitely didnt see a magnitude earlier, because you are not (definitely not) in the SAN/filtered file.

If you want to see the file, please cd /SAN and cat filtered.

It only grows in size, it does not shrink.

Therefore you were never with magnitude, and therefore would have no payments.

Your CPID association was < 24 hours ago, you are last in the list of dccs:  exec list dccs

To help cut the confusion down, I just added a feature to show the Warning I mentioned in the previous post.

Rob, OK I understand now. Thanks for showing me how to check on my own. Good work on the integration by the way.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Rob, OK I understand now. Thanks for showing me how to check on my own. Good work on the integration by the way.

Thanks dude.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
I think tomorrow I will add:

Total payments to CPID over 7 day period, and a list of superblocks with payments comma separated over 7 days, those two fields to exec getboincinfo.

Then it should pretty much tell us the accuracy level we are hitting.

I could also add a ratio column : superblock hit vs not hit. (IE Hit Ratio : 75%).  That just tells us how many failed to be voted in.

• T-Mike

more
I think tomorrow I will add:

Total payments to CPID over 7 day period, and a list of superblocks with payments comma separated over 7 days, those two fields to exec getboincinfo.

Then it should pretty much tell us the accuracy level we are hitting.

I could also add a ratio column : superblock hit vs not hit. (IE Hit Ratio : 75%).  That just tells us how many failed to be voted in.

Sounds good. are you expecting some to not be voted in?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 10:45:34 PM by T-Mike »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Sounds good. are you expecting some to not be voted in?

In Prod:  Rarely.  I think with 130 sancs, as long as the quorum percent is correct (10%, thats 13 votes) then I think they will be voted in. 
 If Rosetta or boinc go down in prod, I have some advanced rules set up.  If the file is either corrupted, or empty, or unfilterable, or contains no magnitude or less than X researchers in prod (thats 5 right now in the code), the file hash is set to 0x0, and the sancs will not vote on 0x0.  So that is the most likely scenario in prod if we miss a superblock, maybe it will happen once a year.

In Test:  We started out with a 65% hit ratio (I added the feature and just ran it) and thats primarily because we didnt tell the sancs to run in -qt mode.   We can monitor it and see if we rise in test.

• Kismar

• February 09, 2018, 09:30:23 PM
    more
got my researcher/wallet running yesterday in testnet, confirmed payments this morning with getboincinfo and transaction history.  one thing i've had happen a couple times is that the wallet has banned all the peers i'd been connected to and i have to restart the wallet and unban everyone to reconnect to the network.

any thoughts?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
got my researcher/wallet running yesterday in testnet, confirmed payments this morning with getboincinfo and transaction history.  one thing i've had happen a couple times is that the wallet has banned all the peers i'd been connected to and i have to restart the wallet and unban everyone to reconnect to the network.

any thoughts?

I think I know whats going on - Im the main seed node (node.biblepay.org) in testnet and Im down, Im currently adding a new rule in the code.

There are many old testers on old versions.  Did you sync to block 6076?  Try clicking each peer and see if the are on 1089 in the gui version?
If so your good for now, but Ill probably be down for one more hour.  Then ill give you more live insight.

• Kismar

more
I think I know whats going on - Im the main seed node (node.biblepay.org) in testnet and Im down, Im currently adding a new rule in the code.

There are many old testers on old versions.  Did you sync to block 6076?  Try clicking each peer and see if the are on 1089 in the gui version?
If so your good for now, but Ill probably be down for one more hour.  Then ill give you more live insight.

myself and the 5 peers i'm connected to are all running 1.0.8.9, but after my most recent restart there's no blocksource available and i'm only up to block 6016.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
myself and the 5 peers i'm connected to are all running 1.0.8.9, but after my most recent restart there's no blocksource available and i'm only up to block 6016.

If you have ever had any blocks or chainstate prior to v1.0.8.8, you probably got banned.
Please try:
rm chainstate -r
rm blocks -r

Then resync.  Im up now so you should be able to resync now.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
If you have ever had any blocks or chainstate prior to v1.0.8.8, you probably got banned.
Please try:
rm chainstate -r
rm blocks -r

Then resync.  Im up now so you should be able to resync now.
Btw:  Please do this in the \testnet3 folder, not in the prod folder.

• Kismar

more
Btw:  Please do this in the \testnet3 folder, not in the prod folder.

ok, cleared and resync'd, says current block as of this message is 6107, I'll update if anything weird happens.