Bible Pay

Read 7228 times

• sg316

• February 18, 2018, 01:32:33 AM
    more
Biblepay Core Wallet Chinese translation (zh-CN & zh-TW)
« on: March 03, 2018, 02:32:57 PM »
To increase the popularity and acceptance of Biblepay, we should provide multilingual supports as many as possible.  Chinese is one of the most important languages. Unfortunately, as you may know, the Chinese translation files of Biblepay Core wallet are not containing the correct content. In order to achieve this target, I'd like to provide the following works:

• Update source code to provide the correct translation
  • Translate Biblepay specific words, phrases, terms and sentences
  • Fix mistakes and typos of the original translation
  • Fix context inconsistency issue
  • Fix punctuation issue
  • Fix other obvious errors

The original translation file is almost identical with Dashpay but the quality is very poor so I have to spend massive time to improve it.  I would also refer to the translation of Bitcoin Core wallet to ensure the best accuracy and quality.

I've spent about 15 hours for these tasks and I'd expect more works, e.g.  Biblepay specific translation, in the near future.

Budget request:
100,000 BBP * $0.003116/BBP = $311.6 = $20/hr * 15.58hr
This can be from PR or IT, wherever it's suited.

• sg316

more
Re: Biblepay Core Wallet Chinese translation (zh-CN & zh-TW)
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2018, 03:19:55 AM »

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 04:50:59 PM »
Hey Mate,

If it was to a vote, I would say no. China isn't exactly known for playing fairly, and your asking to translate code to make it easier for Chinese computer farms to understand and change if needed?

Does that seem fair?

• znffal

• October 02, 2017, 04:01:47 PM
    more
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 09:44:03 PM »
Hey Mate,

If it was to a vote, I would say no. China isn't exactly known for playing fairly, and your asking to translate code to make it easier for Chinese computer farms to understand and change if needed?

Does that seem fair?

I'd disagree with this on the principle that any Chinese person who downloads BBP wallet automatically has a bible built in that they can read. This is a fantastic step for Christians and interested people in China. I will vote yes for this translation

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 05:12:26 AM »
I'd disagree with this on the principle that any Chinese person who downloads BBP wallet automatically has a bible built in that they can read. This is a fantastic step for Christians and interested people in China. I will vote yes for this translation

But as I understand correctly, this isn't a translation of the Bible, just the wallet, right?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 05:14:24 AM by jaapgvk »

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 08:40:05 AM »
I support any and all language translations, the goal in my eyes is to reach as many people as possible with BiblePay,

Only a portion of the world natively speaks English

"When combining native and non-native speakers, English is the second most widely spoken language worldwide"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_languages_by_total_number_of_speakers
Guess which language is #1? (Chinese)

List of countries by English-speaking population
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_English-speaking_population

"How Many People In The World Speak English?
Out of the world's approximately 7.5 billion inhabitants, 1.5 billion speak English — that's 20% of the Earth's population.
However, most of those people aren't native English speakers. About 360 million people speak English as their first language."
https://www.babbel.com/en/magazine/how-many-people-speak-english-and-where-is-it-spoken

• sg316

more
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2018, 03:50:50 AM »
The goal of this proposal is to help the people who can understand Chinese but have difficulty to use Biblepay wallet as it only supports English. I believe the more people start use Biblepay, the stronger community we would have.

It's a good idea to integrate the Chinese version of bible if the wallet starts support Chinese and it should be very easy to implement.

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2018, 07:32:35 AM »
The goal of this proposal is to help the people who can understand Chinese but have difficulty to use Biblepay wallet as it only supports English. I believe the more people start use Biblepay, the stronger community we would have.

It's a good idea to integrate the Chinese version of bible if the wallet starts support Chinese and it should be very easy to implement.

That would be really awesome.

I support this proposal btw :) Nice work!

• znffal

• October 02, 2017, 04:01:47 PM
    more
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2018, 02:42:45 PM »

I think you should be able to get a free Chinese translation online.
It would be great to integrate this into the wallet!

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2018, 01:29:32 PM »
Any updates on this project?