Read 45560 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: BIBLEPAY - RANDOMX INTEGRATION
« Reply #120 on: March 03, 2020, 09:36:12 AM »
Been testing on w10 latest release. Looks real solid. Later tonight gonna install on ubuntu 18.04 machines aswell.

Thanks, and I still have to release the latest nomp web site (with the extra parameter in the instructions)  and  look at the spork.

I wonder if we will be able to find some kind of monero forum we can post this in when we go live.  Like directly in the monero reddit.  It will be good to tiptoe in and try to be friends with monero, and not hostile.  As technically it would be best for all parties if we can help each other.  A hostile attitude would mean they would be inclined to change code to kick us out; but - if we can be friends - that would mean they help orphans and we remain stable for a long period.

I was definitely thinking bitcointalk dedicated page (like Togo suggested) for specific monero questions from new miners.

It feels to me like these new launch announcement threads dont have nearly the impact they used to.  I started one with BiblePay on cryptocointalk a while back and got like one reply, and
 it was basically someone asking me to go to work for them, etc.

But otoh, I think when we explain the dual revenue and First bitcoin branch to embrace RX, this could still be a different story.

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

• August 02, 2018, 03:22:01 AM
    more
« Reply #121 on: March 03, 2020, 02:37:31 PM »
For sure things arent as heated as back in 2016, the ethereum boom and all.

But should revenue go up for miners in comes alot of new people.

Also cpu mining are getting more and more folks intrested, for example monero switching to cpu friendly randomX .  And i belive some other algos also designed for cpu only.

Yeah bitcointalk is one place but i think reddit has more new people , people asking how to do setups and all. More active if i say so.

Also i belive monero community seems to be happy sponsoring professors and mesh networking prototypes and what not. A giving/sharing community so i think most folks would be positive about what you doing here.

As for xmrig developers might add somewere " to donate xmrig developers: xmr adress:   btc adress:  .

Well you get my point.
Joshua 1:9
Have i not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid;
do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God
will be with you wherever you go.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #122 on: March 04, 2020, 01:00:38 PM »
For sure things arent as heated as back in 2016, the ethereum boom and all.

But should revenue go up for miners in comes alot of new people.

Also cpu mining are getting more and more folks intrested, for example monero switching to cpu friendly randomX .  And i belive some other algos also designed for cpu only.

Yeah bitcointalk is one place but i think reddit has more new people , people asking how to do setups and all. More active if i say so.

Also i belive monero community seems to be happy sponsoring professors and mesh networking prototypes and what not. A giving/sharing community so i think most folks would be positive about what you doing here.

As for xmrig developers might add somewere " to donate xmrig developers: xmr adress:   btc adress:  .

Well you get my point.
Yea, good point on the traffic and stuff.  When Vitalik called me on my cell phone back then I really didn't understand the gravity of the situation - at the time he sounded like he was designing a rocket engine, but it was so advanced... it's something I'll have to discuss some time.

So yes on the donate, I did put the 'suggestion' in the code, but yes good idea to make it on the display: I added it to the next version.

10-4 on the new users, that will be very good.

So an update for everyone, I did add the spork last night, and we can test that during the next release.  I believe I will be able to unit test that change locally so no rush.
I also erased my chain and resynced my local node, and I see it made it to the top block without a problem, so I believe this latest patch is all we needed for prod.

One side note guys that could help:  If anyone wants to try mining (solo mining in the wallet) against Prod in this random-x QT wallet (not randomx mining, regular POBH mining against prod).  Just make sure this 1.5.0.4 version syncs to the top in prod and solo mines (-erasechain=1 first).  This is for our regression testing (to ensure we didnt break any existing features before the RX cutover height).  We need to see that prod masternodes can also be seen in the Sanc list, and that the governance data is visible in this branch.

Finally, I am just about ready to create a wiki page for the game plan for 'corporate whitebranding'.  The reason this ties into testnet is we could potentially start the initiative (that replaces all of biblepay's branding information with monikers).  Monikers allow CSS, logos, brand slogans, narratives, and coin phrases to be replaced with the corporations identity.  I'm just mentioning this because if the plan becomes solid, we can potentially test part of this in testnet while we wait to upgrade to RX.  On a side note, I'm still shooting for a potential end of March roll-out.  (We can't upgrade more than once per quarter due to the exchange rules).  However I also don't want to release 'too much' good information at once for BiblePay as that might rocket us accidentally up to the top 5 coins too quickly, etc.

• oncoapop

• October 23, 2018, 12:31:17 PM
    more
« Reply #123 on: March 05, 2020, 01:19:55 AM »
Yea, good point on the traffic and stuff.  When Vitalik called me on my cell phone back then I really didn't understand the gravity of the situation - at the time he sounded like he was designing a rocket engine, but it was so advanced... it's something I'll have to discuss some time.

So yes on the donate, I did put the 'suggestion' in the code, but yes good idea to make it on the display: I added it to the next version.

10-4 on the new users, that will be very good.

So an update for everyone, I did add the spork last night, and we can test that during the next release.  I believe I will be able to unit test that change locally so no rush.
I also erased my chain and resynced my local node, and I see it made it to the top block without a problem, so I believe this latest patch is all we needed for prod.

One side note guys that could help:  If anyone wants to try mining (solo mining in the wallet) against Prod in this random-x QT wallet (not randomx mining, regular POBH mining against prod).  Just make sure this 1.5.0.4 version syncs to the top in prod and solo mines (-erasechain=1 first).  This is for our regression testing (to ensure we didnt break any existing features before the RX cutover height).  We need to see that prod masternodes can also be seen in the Sanc list, and that the governance data is visible in this branch.

Finally, I am just about ready to create a wiki page for the game plan for 'corporate whitebranding'.  The reason this ties into testnet is we could potentially start the initiative (that replaces all of biblepay's branding information with monikers).  Monikers allow CSS, logos, brand slogans, narratives, and coin phrases to be replaced with the corporations identity.  I'm just mentioning this because if the plan becomes solid, we can potentially test part of this in testnet while we wait to upgrade to RX.  On a side note, I'm still shooting for a potential end of March roll-out.  (We can't upgrade more than once per quarter due to the exchange rules).  However I also don't want to release 'too much' good information at once for BiblePay as that might rocket us accidentally up to the top 5 coins too quickly, etc.

BiblePay Core version 1.5.0.4 (64-bit)
Windows qt

- syncs to the top of main chain
getblockhash 180368
32d69ae1ce3aec5415a01d07704f1f6253bd6e471fe636d6541b8381f2c11176
- wallet loads fine
- 186 sancs listed in sanc tab
- Leaderboard appears to be correct

-erase chain and resync - taking a very long time (will report back later)

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

more
« Reply #124 on: March 05, 2020, 03:13:51 AM »
However I also don't want to release 'too much' good information at once for BiblePay as that might rocket us accidentally up to the top 5 coins too quickly, etc.

Love the positivity  ;D

• oncoapop

more
« Reply #125 on: March 05, 2020, 03:37:50 AM »
BiblePay Core version 1.5.0.4 (64-bit)
Windows qt

- syncs to the top of main chain
getblockhash 180368
32d69ae1ce3aec5415a01d07704f1f6253bd6e471fe636d6541b8381f2c11176
- wallet loads fine
- 186 sancs listed in sanc tab
- Leaderboard appears to be correct

-erase chain and resync - taking a very long time (will report back later)

-erase chain and resync on mainchain - ok

>cli getblockcount

>cli getblockhash 180392
7b90b5fbb0cfbfd06b4c47981ebca34c7b06a909b970a979e34f4a8074c2fe0e

(Matches with CryptoID explorer)

• oncoapop

more
« Reply #126 on: March 05, 2020, 03:44:39 AM »
-erase chain and resync on mainchain - ok

>cli getblockcount

>cli getblockhash 180392
7b90b5fbb0cfbfd06b4c47981ebca34c7b06a909b970a979e34f4a8074c2fe0e

(Matches with CryptoID explorer)

BiblePay Core version 1.5.0.4 (64-bit) appears to hash on main chain

>getmininginfo

Code: [Select]
{
  "blocks": 180393,
  "currentblocksize": 1330,
  "currentblocktx": 1,
  "difficulty": 4694.69442578912,
  "errors": "",
  "pooledtx": 0,
  "chain": "main",
  "genproclimit": 4,
  "networkhashps": 537711.1247468939,
  "hashps": 3518.900343642611,
  "minerstarttime": "03-05-2020 09:41:24",
  "hashcounter": 1024,
  "biblepay-generate": true
}

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #127 on: March 05, 2020, 09:16:49 AM »
BiblePay Core version 1.5.0.4 (64-bit) appears to hash on main chain

>getmininginfo

{
  "blocks": 180393,
  "currentblocksize": 1330,
  "currentblocktx": 1,
  "difficulty": 4694.69442578912,
  "errors": "",
  "genproclimit": 4,
  "networkhashps": 537711.1247468939,
  "hashps": 3518.900343642611,
  "minerstarttime": "03-05-2020 09:41:24",
  "hashcounter": 1024,
  "biblepay-generate": true
}

Thanks!

Thats good to know!

10-4 on the sanc info, the hashing and the syncing.  I think the speed is OK (I was looking at the sync speed in prod yesterday) - IE normal.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #128 on: March 06, 2020, 08:30:41 AM »
Dear Testers,

I would appreciate any help you can provide testing our new beta foundation website also:
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=497.msg7053#msg7053

Thanks-

Will anyone be able to help out and test these features above?

EDIT:   Regarding corporate whitebranding, I'm adding it now; it's a huge change...  Hopefully we will have something to test within a couple days in testnet.

Edit 2: I am in the process of changing our github over to biblepay/biblepay (the way it was originally).  We will also move the data directory back to ~/.biblepay.  I know its a pain but I think for the longer term it will be clearer for everyone.  We can move away from "evolution" as that should have been considered a release (not a product) etc and I believe this has caused some confusion.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 08:32:42 AM by Rob Andrews »

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

more
« Reply #129 on: March 06, 2020, 02:10:35 PM »
I have been thinking, perhaps you could add tls for monero as option in future release?

like if we set in parameters: 
--tls   we get sent to diffrent pool option.

Also if you could  differentiate bbp rejects and xmr rejects..
I have one cpu that has some invalid xmr shares that it probably shouldnt have.
So just figured for  troubleshooting purposes.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #130 on: March 07, 2020, 01:26:51 PM »
I have been thinking, perhaps you could add tls for monero as option in future release?

I'll look into these two issues after we release; we are preparing a release for BBP & DAC now for testnet.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #131 on: March 07, 2020, 05:34:50 PM »

Hi Earl,

I havent looked into this yet, but on the second part about rejects could you please provide more info or an example, because to my knowledge, if you submit a rejected BBP share, our BBP rejects increase (as we know as the pool displays those in a separate column).
Now I havent been able to make a reject occur on the XMR side personally, but, to my knowledge the XMR rejects should increment separately and you should see those in the pool under the XMR column.

So could you provide more info, if this is something not happening in the pool or not happening in the xmrig, and if its in xmrig, what row is it missing on?
I dont need a screen shot just an example so we can pinpoint it.

Thanks.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #132 on: March 07, 2020, 05:42:10 PM »

Hi Earl,

On part 1 of this:
https://xmrig.com/docs/proxy/tls

So, I'm not replying that we *cant* do it, but, instead, we just cant do it at this phase.  Here is why:  One, we have this nomp system running as a proof of concept.  Although I fully believe it will work (and probably scale), I dont want to modify nomp for TLS until we know it can handle the traffic load and does not need rewritten.  Another words, there are a couple growing pains we need to go through:  One is ensuring we dont have white hat hackers trying to circumvent the charity aspect too soon (even though we are adding the sporks first), we just may need to pull in the C version of Monero and stop using minexmr (I dont want to, Im just saying we have to keep this option open), and secondly, if nomp does not scale well, if for example if we have 2000 new XMR miners and we find nomp is sluggish, instead of adding second and third pool I might write DAC-XMR in c# again (now that I know more about stratum, and Monero).  So with these unknowns, its not worth adding TLS to nomp just yet.  So, again Im not saying no, Im just saying since all the pool traffic goes through nomp, it cant handle this yet.  Of course I will get HTTPS working on nomp first and maybe we can turn on SSL for mining first as a req baby step then revisit this after that works in prod.  We will have a github open then you can put in a new issue for this once SSL is working, cool?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #133 on: March 07, 2020, 06:40:42 PM »
BiblePay - DAC
1.5.0.5 - Leisure Upgrade for TestNet

- Add DAC theme, DAC Splash, DAC currency_name, DAC Github, DAC icons and images
- Add ability for wallet to pick up on startup environment program name (If DAC, theme as DAC, if BiblePay theme as BBP themes)
- Add RandomX Spork Enforcement rule

** Please use this link for Linux binaries : Linux 64 bits II (QT/biblepayd/biblepay-cli) zip:  https://biblepay.org/bbp-lin-develop-64.zip
Or, use the windows64 link in the op post for windows **

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #134 on: March 07, 2020, 06:47:45 PM »
Test cases for DAC (1.5.0.5):

Please primarily test all these below in QT mode.  Since a lot of changes rely on graphics.

So the way this dual-branded release works is the core wallet will detect the name of the program being launched, for instance if you launch dac-qt, it realizes it is DAC.  If you launch biblepay-qt, it realizes its BBP.

If it is launched in DAC mode, you will see a different splash screen, the theme will be overridden to be DAC (and will not allow you to pick BBP themes), and everywhere in the wallet that used to say "BiblePay" should say "DAC".  Including sending coins, etc.  Please verify that is the case.

Also please launch the biblepay version and verify the old themes still work, Bezaleel still works and things still say biblepay.

The 'exec price' command should still provide the currency price (for the leaderboard).  The leaderboard should appear identical in both wallets (please check that).

To test the linux qt version, note the zip contains both 'dac-qt' and 'biblepay-qt'.  Testing those is straightforward, just run each one.
However in windows, we only released the biblepay version (due to a change that is required in the Microsoft installer for DAC.EXE, and we don't need to do that until we know the outcome of the future poll), so for now please install the windows version like normal, first test biblepay-qt.exe, then copy "biblepay-qt.exe" to "dac-qt.exe" in your windows directory, then test the DAC version.

The peers list should interoperate between the two versions, except, the DAC version advertises itself slightly different than the BBP version, but they see each other. 

The Sanctuaries list should be checked also.

By the way, in this latest release we fixed the toolbar icons for biblepay-qt (for windows and for linux).  They were not transparent now they should be transparent and fixed.

Also, just fyi, we just moved our github repo to this location: https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/
But note:  we added an auto-redirect in from /biblepay-evolution to the new location so this means your build scripts should not really need to be updated.  (For develop or master).

« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 06:53:56 PM by Rob Andrews »