Bible Pay

Read 3407 times

BLOOM Orphan Hosting "Scholarships" BBP Impact Report
« on: July 26, 2018, 01:53:21 PM »
BLOOM’s hosting programs invite orphaned children from other countries to come to America for 4 to 5 weeks. During this time, the child experiences the love of Christ through a Christian family who exemplifies Him while living together in their home.

In addition, through family time together, children quickly develop a basic understanding and use of the English language. In turn, they develop a higher self-esteem and a feeling of accomplishment in many ways! The child also witnesses healthy relationships between parents and their children, which may be the first time ever, that this has occurred in their life!

These basic skills provide tremendous emotional improvements that help the child as they grow up in their homeland, or possibly later, if a child is offered adoption.

BiblePay recently sponsored 5 children to come to the US on our programs, and below I'd like to share a few of their stories while here. These are quotes from their host families, along with photos of the children. Please note that Poland requires us to block the children's faces on public internet postings due to their privacy laws for child protection. Also note that others in these photos are host families and their kids, so please don't share these photos beyond BBP audiences.

Here are the children who BiblePay has made a direct impact on their lives, including the making of these memories!

Arek (12): Photo of him with host mom on couch
"Yesterday Arek came and sat down with me and said he needed to talk with me. He told me his “story” he told me of his bio parents, he told me stories of things no child should ever have to go through. In his 11 almost 12 years of life he has seen so much of the bad that is in this world.
He is tearing down emotional walls, something we thought he wasn’t capable of. It’s taken a year for him to feel like he can trust us.
Please pray hard for him he is learning trust and love of a family. He is such an amazing boy and deserves so much love."
-Adams Family

Paulina (17): Photo of her learning to play Piano
"We had a conversation one night and she was asking spiritual questions and about our church, and firstly we laughed a ton just trying to figure out what each other were saying, and also it was really interesting because apparently the catholic church in poland is way more charismatic than catholic churches that we have heard of. We couldn't believe the things she said they experience at church. Her faith seems very important to her."
-Ralston Family

Kuba and Jakub (brothers - 11 and 13): Photo of them learning to use a water balloon slingshot
"They helped us build a wheelchair ramp for our parents (their host grandparents) since my husband's father cannot walk."
"Seeing fireworks for the first time, they saw a red and white one, and yelled "it's poland!"
-Graves Family

Maja (17): Photo of her teaching the younger kids at Bible Study
"We had Vacation Bible School this week, and Maja led Bible Time with one of the classes one night. She did a great job! We are so proud of her!"
-Booker family

Thank you again BiblePay for making this happen for these kids and families!

Sincerely,
April
Executive Director, BLOOM
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 04:42:15 PM by orphandefender »