Bible Pay

Poll

Which option would give BiblePay a chance at mass adoption and would you support the switch to a new algorithm?

Explore Proof-of-Giving II
12 (35.3%)
Explore simplifying PODC (proof-of-distributed-computing)
15 (44.1%)
Explore Proof-of-Orphan-Mining
0 (0%)
Explore IPFS (Interplanetary File System Mining)
0 (0%)
Abstain or make no changes
7 (20.6%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: December 07, 2018, 06:02:22 PM

Read 21921 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: Mass Adoption for BiblePay II
« Reply #45 on: December 17, 2018, 10:14:33 AM »
I can appreciate the complexity of pobh podc and pog coexisting. If I read your last post right you want to remove podc altogether? That's a bit much and I think pog podc combo is better. Or all three (pobh podc pog).

Podc is has big participation rate so it deserves a slow curve to reduced payments. Maybe if there are sports to pobh podc and pog rewards the rewards can be tweaked slowly.

Big changes scare of investors.

This is partly why I asked if pog rewards can contain send bbp transactions as well.

It was made clear that the sanc poll for the ideas acceptance was to replace all of our mining algorithms with pog (for easy adoption).

I'm definitely thinking we would go through a full test phase with POG as the heat mining algorithm, and PODC still existing.  POG gets the heat payment rewards.

Yes, a lot of things scare investors, including stagnating by one user a day and relying on an oracle.

I'm open to ideas about how POG + PODC could coexist (maybe 20% emission to PODC, 80% to pog) for example.  (I would not talk about POBH by itself - its being replaced by POG in testnet and its underlying technology is definitely POBH).  However even if PODC lasts a while, it doesn't make sense to pile massive infrastructure and support into something that might go away.  The moment it breaks, if POG is doing the job then maybe PODC should be retired at that point.  Who wants a half finished UI with broken parts for easy adoption in the PODC if its not going to be used fully.  So imo, the test for POG (as far as easy adoption) should be taken very seriously, and if it works that way (1 new user + per day) then I would consider the next logical step Removing all the unecessary IT code, and becoming a gospel coin like we should be doing in the first place.  Like putting some preachers in the wallet and preaching to users, and a Getting Saved button for example.  And a Getting Saved chat room.  Who will do all that if they are spending all day supporting scientists?

I don't know what you mean by "send transactions with pog", could you explain that in more detail?

« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 09:39:56 AM by Rob Andrews »

« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2019, 04:59:05 PM »
I still believe converting the Masternode rewards to a daily super block would 1) not be a radical change that would scare off current users 2) be beneficial for new users who would get quicker feedback on if they set things up correctly (as in theory, if we hit 1000 MN in the next two years, someone could wait almost a week before getting a reward and during that time could stress out if they had done things right) and 3) stabilize the rewards by removing chance (all MN would earn equal rewards that would be 1/# of MN of the total block versus the current system where rewards vary by as much as 15% between blocks due to DGW difficulty adjustments and the occasions where one MN gets rewarded in back-to-back blocks).

As the logic for a daily superblock is built and works, it would seem like you could maybe prototype that in reasonable time frame.

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2019, 03:07:23 PM »
> I don't know what you mean by "send transactions with pog", could you explain that in more detail?

PoG reward would be like a mined block where the reward contains transactions from the mempool like a PoW mined block.
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ