Bible Pay

Read 410580 times

• T-Mike

• February 06, 2018, 06:12:58 PM
    more
Actually a live quorum test might explain 75% of the process, since your DCC is working now.

Could you post the result of 'exec testvote'?

Your SAN directory should have something in it now - the Filtered file should be 1281 bytes (thats our Biblepay researcher list)

The exec testvote, file hash "filehash" for the DCC filehash, should be:
000000000000000000000000000000008d18b23d463c9e866cb5db0f02262506

?

Hmm, it says:
error code: -1
error message:
boost::filesystem::last_write_time: No such file or directory: "/home/biblepay/.biblepaycore/SAN/magnitude"

MY sanctuary is this one by the way:
"749df434020e56e87a48607eaa1cbd504fcc62eb90056a39d2d58c315b9ebda4-1": "ENABLED",
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 08:43:26 AM by T-Mike »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Actually a live quorum test might explain 75% of the process, since your DCC is working now.

Could you post the result of 'exec testvote'?

Your SAN directory should have something in it now - the Filtered file should be 1281 bytes (thats our Biblepay researcher list)

The exec testvote, file hash "filehash" for the DCC filehash, should be:
000000000000000000000000000000008d18b23d463c9e866cb5db0f02262506

?

Oh btw, the exec testvote, and all DCC file hash testing must be done on the hot sanc.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Hmm, it says:
error code: -1
error message:
boost::filesystem::last_write_time: No such file or directory: "/home/biblepay/.biblepaycore/SAN/magnitude"

Which flavor OS is your hot sanc?  Also, do you now have a user file in /SAN?

• T-Mike

more
Oh btw, the exec testvote, and all DCC file hash testing must be done on the hot sanc.

Yes, I'm running all the commands on the hot sanctuary.

• T-Mike

more
Which flavor OS is your hot sanc?  Also, do you now have a user file in /SAN?

Still no file. Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS, kernel version 4.13.0-1008-gcp.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Still no file. Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS, kernel version 4.13.0-1008-gcp.

Hmm, I just remembered something, there is a very complex command in the DCC Filter, something that is done in QT (otherwise we need a new lib in headless, and the exchanges dont like unecessary libs on their native machines) so I did it in QT.. Im thinking, we may need to have you run your hot sanc in -qt mode.  Do you have graphics on that ubuntu box, and can you launch the hot sanc like this:
./biblepay-qt -testnet

?

Need to rule that out.

• T-Mike

more
Hmm, I just remembered something, there is a very complex command in the DCC Filter, something that is done in QT (otherwise we need a new lib in headless, and the exchanges dont like unecessary libs on their native machines) so I did it in QT.. Im thinking, we may need to have you run your hot sanc in -qt mode.  Do you have graphics on that ubuntu box, and can you launch the hot sanc like this:
./biblepay-qt -testnet

?

Need to rule that out.

I can try, it's on a VPS so I need to install x on it or something. I'll let you know.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
I can try, it's on a VPS so I need to install x on it or something. I'll let you know.

Yeah, I installed graphics on all my VMS, that would make this easier.  Thanks!

• T-Mike

more
Rob,

This is interesting because now for the people that were running Rosetta already, they just need to install the wallet and link their CPID. They can now turn their number crunching into money if so desired. In fact, it is so easy to install the wallet that it's a no brainer. If half of the computational power signs up for Biblepay, what do you estimate the payout to be for one normal computer? Like an i5 or i7 processor. I'm thinking the payout will be very small then.

I have one suggestion, since you have contacts with the people behind BOINC. Can you e-mail then to have some of them install the wallet? That would probably get you many CPIDs on the testnet fast adn it doesn't really cost them anything.

• T-Mike

more
Yeah, I installed graphics on all my VMS, that would make this easier.  Thanks!

Rob, I just realized this will take a while since i have to recompile to source code with QT.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Rob,

This is interesting because now for the people that were running Rosetta already, they just need to install the wallet and link their CPID. They can now turn their number crunching into money if so desired. In fact, it is so easy to install the wallet that it's a no brainer. If half of the computational power signs up for Biblepay, what do you estimate the payout to be for one normal computer? Like an i5 or i7 processor. I'm thinking the payout will be very small then.

I have one suggestion, since you have contacts with the people behind BOINC. Can you e-mail then to have some of them install the wallet? That would probably get you many CPIDs on the testnet fast adn it doesn't really cost them anything.

Yeah, I know, thats why Im so frustrated.  We dont enforce the team, and we would have a huge legion of 50,000+ researchers who would gladly make BBP for crunching, and it would grow the coin for good.  Its such a huge no brainer.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 11:45:14 AM by Rob A. »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Rob,

I have a few other suggestions too that could propel us to the top and silence a lot of naysayers, but I cant do it all myself, so some of these I will hold til we hire the devs:

- Recompiling our own custom version of boinc with our custom biblepay-cancer graphics
- Integrating boinc code into biblepay-qt
- One click set up with no questions for the user
- Making the rosetta cancer-miner part of biblepay pobh algorithm inside the wallet , IE one program
- Adding a POL script into each rosetta workunit, thereby making rewards based slightly on POL + cancer research
(Might help us in the sense that we can filter out future cancer botnet)
- Reconciling a researcher embedded UTXO in a cancer workunit back to daily Magnitude reports
(This would prove each researchers indivdual wallet has some coin*age in it, would be really great for integrity)

This stuff would be massive....

• T-Mike

more
Rob,

When I try to run -qt through the vnc session i get Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyQXcbConnection: Could not connect to display :1.0.

Do you know how to fix this?

Thanks.

-tmike

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Rob,

When I try to run -qt through the vnc session i get Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 keyQXcbConnection: Could not connect to display :1.0.

Do you know how to fix this?

Thanks.

-tmike
Hi Mike,

I didnt have that, but I see someone else did here :

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=230828

Rob

• T-Mike

more
Hi Mike,

I didnt have that, but I see someone else did here :

https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=230828

Rob

Figured it out, had to start the vncserver from the same account as the biblepay daemon.