Bible Pay

Read 8316 times

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
Re: Should Sanctuaries fund our Orphans?
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2020, 12:42:13 PM »
Thank you Rob for your response and you're hard work on the site. I know there's a lot of things you do we do not see, but you're constantly working.

With My Sponsorships, BBP is taken out in a monthly basis. I wonder if daily withdrawls would mitigate against price volatility as well.
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
Re: Should Sanctuaries fund our Orphans?
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2020, 12:13:44 PM »
https://wiki.biblepay.org/September_2020_Upgrade

I was reading this and was curious how sanctuaries will interact with APM. If I read it correctly, if the BBP price remains UNCHANGED or drops, the block reward will be 7 BBP? Split with miner & sanctuary that becomes 3.5 BBP each?

Could we potentially see a situation where the sanctuary receives 105 BBP (3.5 BBP x 30 days) if BBP price drops or remains unchanged for the entire month? Does that mean sanctuary pay for orphan sponsorship out of pocket with fiat? What's to stop a sanctuary owner from not paying a sponsorship until the BBP price? Other than the child not being sponsored, there's no incentive to keep up a payment if all you're getting is 3.5 BBP per sanctuary rotation.

I'm not saying this is what will happen... I'm trying to think out some scenarios that might occur with APM (if I understand its mechanism correctly). Initially, it sounded like Sanctuaries could potentially earn $99/mo based on your post (to pay off hosting and orphan sponsorship costs).  But the Sep 2020 wiki link makes it sound like Sanctuary payments could be much lower if the price of BBP does not go up.
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ