Read 410519 times

• thanospetr

• March 15, 2018, 04:52:15 AM
    more
Hello, the exec stakebalance outputs:

Code: [Select]
  "Command": "stakebalance",
  "StakeBalance": 62556

I previously added this value to the .conf file -> utxoamount=3000 , to check if anything changes, with no luck.

What does 'exec stakebalance' say?

Please read this paragraph of the Distributed Computing wiki:
https://wiki.biblepay.org/Distributed_Computing#PODC_Updates

At the moment, you need to stake at least 500BBP per - expected - Magnitude.

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
Hello, the exec stakebalance outputs:

"Command": "stakebalance",
  "StakeBalance": 62556

I previously added this value to the .conf file -> utxoamount=3000 , to check if anything changes, with no luck.

Okay, that seems fine. If I look your CPID up in the pools 'superblock view', I can see you, but I can't see your username nor the machines you are using. Are your computers hidden by any chance?

• thanospetr

more
Yes, they were and after un-hidding them and issuing a podcupdate I got this:
  "Command": "podcupdate",
  "PODCUpdate": "Processed (129) over 1 CPID(s) successfully."

I suppose this is good :) My TaskWeight also  became 100 from 0, but UTXWeight is still 0.

What does the amount that I choose to stake represent? Is this amount lost or is it just symbolic?
If it isn't lost, then I suppose that I have to raise it to 50001+, right?

Thank you for your time!

Okay, that seems fine. If I look your CPID up in the pools 'superblock view', I can see you, but I can't see your username nor the machines you are using. Are your computers hidden by any chance?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Yes, they were and after un-hidding them and issuing a podcupdate I got this:
  "Command": "podcupdate",
  "PODCUpdate": "Processed (129) over 1 CPID(s) successfully."

I suppose this is good :) My TaskWeight also  became 100 from 0, but UTXWeight is still 0.

What does the amount that I choose to stake represent? Is this amount lost or is it just symbolic?
If it isn't lost, then I suppose that I have to raise it to 50001+, right?

Thank you for your time!

So the utxoamount represents how much out of your wallet you will stake for Cancer research, and its not lost, it comes back to you right away.
They are voting in 20 BBP per RAC right now, so to be safe just estimate what your RAC will be by typing 'exec getboincinfo' take a look at your RAC and estimate your future RAC value, and multiply that * 20.  Then use that as your stake amount (or higher :).  Then you should see an increase in UTXOAmount after 6 blocks of confirms after the exec podcupdate was executed.

Good luck man.

EDIT: Btw for anyone who unhides the machines, boinc obfuscates all personal information like domain name, machine name, IP, etc, it re-names this info "computer1, computer2" etc, so we do not gain any personal info other than the OS type, proc count, speed, processor type, and memory.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 11:08:20 AM by Rob A. »

• sdc

• January 11, 2018, 12:31:32 PM
    more
Please ensure your 'exec getboincinfo' shows a valid CPID, then also that your wallet is unlocked and HPS > 0.

Yes to the above. I've been receiving regular rewards. What i meant was I downloaded 1.1.1.1 to test after reading warmoth's note. As soon as I noticed something odd with the behaviour, I immediately downgraded to 1.1.0.9b and it was fine. Was just wondering if there's a problem with 1.1.1.1 and perhaps podc updates?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 01:49:29 PM by sdc »

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
Yes to the above. I've been receiving regular rewards. What i meant was I downloaded 1.1.1.1 to test after reading warmoth's note. As soon as I noticed something odd with the behaviour, I immediately downgraded to 1.1.0.9b and it was fine. Was just wondering if there's a problem with 1.1.1.1 and perhaps podc updates?

I've updated to 1.1.1.1. and my PODC updates work :)

@West: I hope your problem will be solved. If things stop working with me, I usually just start again from scratch.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more

No problems have been reported with 1111, and 1111 is a mandatory so downgrading to 1109 would fork your chain.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Sent you a PM Rob, did not receive a Superblock payment again.

I sent a PM to West explaining I believe his PODC update crossed while the last superblock contract was generated with him in it - IE his elements were not picked up by 51% of the sancs until after the 1am contract.

The current pool contract has him in it. 

These Pool superblocks are usually what are going to be voted in guys.

Meaning that the primary goal is to work hard to ensure your UTXO weight, task weight, and magnitude are populated in the current pool Superblock   report.

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Just got my first unbanked payment from the pool!  :D

http://explorer.biblepay.org:3001/address/BNfb6uMyeAHDwZs538gzxS2k2iqbz8NWQj

Thats awesome!  I guess the mandatory upgrade has propagated through the supermajority of the sancs.  (I saw this morning 67% of the general network had upgraded to 1.1.1.1), a much quicker response time than we had when the bot-net dragged us down.  Now do you all see why I called it a bot-net and have a dark view of the prior ecosystem?  They installed our software on so many machines they were not even able to upgrade it , and that caused us to have a very dangerous ecosystem, in that we have no control over our own software rules.  And this has little to do with being "powerful" it has everything to do with being "cutting edge" and "nimble".  If we want quarterly releases with cool new features, so we can work our way up the coinmarketcap ladder, its essential to have a network that can upgrade during mandatories.  Now these mining orgs have to come out in the light and expose themselves.  They can upgrade the single controllers easily now. 

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Thanks for all the insight.  I PM'ed because the debug log contained some things I thought would not be ideal to share.

Great, did you get the payment?

Wait I guess I can type 'exec leaderboard', :),   "e7ae6abd6284b05f3fd5f7c780e60bc7": 21.30465742430721,
Alright congratulations, your back in!

So with West as a guineapig, remember how dangerous it is to fall out of the superblock, it could take up to 48 hours to be in the next one again, due to the sanctuary voting process.

This is a double edged sword, as some benefit from it while others are penalized - its a blessing overall that it requires work to be paid (IE leaving the controller running 24-7).

This saves up more rewards for the persistent.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Yeah payment came through today so that is good and there have been no futher interruptions in the PoDC Updates which was the root issue.

One question, in a case like this when I don't bring my RAC to the equation, does that effectively mean that everyone else gets a slightly higher reward since the overall Team RAC is effectively lower for that superblock?

Yes very good question.

So yes, the superblock always shoots for a (fraction less than) 1000 magnitude, and attempts to use up 99.9% of the daily superblock budget, for payments within the contract.

So if someone has UTXO Weight = 0 or TaskWeight = 0, it ends up being More for the rest of the gang. 

« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 12:14:23 PM by Rob A. »

• thanospetr

more
Block 35055 hit, shows next superblock budget as 1197260 at 35260, those look about where I was anticipating the breakdown should be initially.

What is the official word on staking for the UTXO reward component, and will that require a MN update to implement ?

My getboincinfo returns this:
  "NextSuperblockHeight": 35260,
  "NextSuperblockBudget": 2660579,

Is it wrong?

Are you on 1.1.1.1 version?

• thanospetr

more
Are you on 1.1.1.1 version?

Not yet, so that's the culprit.