Bible Pay

Read 410472 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Biblepay - 1.1.0.9b
Mandatory Upgrade - for Entire Network (including Sanctuaries)

Before block 35110

- Avert mining crash and relay error messages in miner to getmininginfo
- Fix PODC association error (unable to sign cpid)
- Remove logging
- Fix getnetworkhashps
- Add unbanked CPID support
- Add configurable SPM (stake-per-magnitude) UTXO requirement (pending outcome of poll)
- Remove CompetetiveMining Tithe
- Added exec search key filter (Ability to search for DCC elements by CPID - IE exec search UTXOWEIGHT ca89)
- 7 Minute block targets as of block 35110
- Fix DC Superblock Budget as of height 35110

• T-Mike

• February 06, 2018, 06:12:58 PM
    more
Biblepay - 1.1.0.9b
Mandatory Upgrade - for Entire Network (including Sanctuaries)

Before block 35110

- Avert mining crash and relay error messages in miner to getmininginfo
- Fix PODC association error (unable to sign cpid)
- Remove logging
- Fix getnetworkhashps
- Add unbanked CPID support
- Add configurable SPM (stake-per-magnitude) UTXO requirement (pending outcome of poll)
- Remove CompetetiveMining Tithe
- Added exec search key filter (Ability to search for DCC elements by CPID - IE exec search UTXOWEIGHT ca89)
- 7 Minute block targets as of block 35110
- Fix DC Superblock Budget as of height 35110

Updated both linux and windows just now.

Update:
Windows wallet still crashes basically on open with threads set to 6 and sleep at 0. Also tried changing the # of threads in the debug terminal and it also crashes immediately when I change it. With a lower thread number, it takes longer before it crashes but with 6 it crashes immediately.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 12:08:26 PM by T-Mike »

• znffal

• October 02, 2017, 04:01:47 PM
    more
Hi Rob,

I just upgraded my PoDC wallet.
My UTXO weight is now 60,000 which I guess is to prepare for changes depending on poll outcome.
Just wanted to check with you that this was expected behaviour.

Thanks
Luke

EDIT: But I guess it doesn't matter what the value is as long as it is over 50,001 until the cut-off block?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 01:07:06 PM by znffal »

• orbis

• February 08, 2018, 04:37:14 PM
    more
Hi Rob,

I just upgraded my PoDC wallet.
My UTXO weight is now 60,000 which I guess is to prepare for changes depending on poll outcome.
Just wanted to check with you that this was expected behaviour.

Thanks
Luke

EDIT: But I guess it doesn't matter what the value is as long as it is over 50,001 until the cut-off block?
My UTXO weight is 50556 :) so it looks like preparing but I don't know if 50556 is good or not.
Is it enough? Is it like UTXO 100 before? What would be there if my BBP amount would be less than 50556?
Thanks for clarification.

• T-Mike

more
My UTXO weight is 50556 :) so it looks like preparing but I don't know if 50556 is good or not.
Is it enough? Is it like UTXO 100 before? What would be there if my BBP amount would be less than 50556?
Thanks for clarification.

The new UTXO is not in effect yet, you just need 50,001 for 100% UTXO weight.

• orbis

• February 08, 2018, 04:37:14 PM
    more
The new UTXO is not in effect yet, you just need 50,001 for 100% UTXO weight.
I know, but I want to know what does the number mean :)

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Updated both linux and windows just now.

Update:
Windows wallet still crashes basically on open with threads set to 6 and sleep at 0. Also tried changing the # of threads in the debug terminal and it also crashes immediately when I change it. With a lower thread number, it takes longer before it crashes but with 6 it crashes immediately.

Ok, thanks, I finally see the problem.  It was kind of a complicated issue, but Im pretty sure its going to fixed in the next version in two hours.

• T-Mike

more
Ok, thanks, I finally see the problem.  It was kind of a complicated issue, but Im pretty sure its going to fixed in the next version in two hours.

Sounds good Rob, I'll test it out. If you get a chance, I sent you some PMs, thanks.

• T-Mike

more
Rob, I think we really need something for headless if the new UTXO proposal passes, leaving it un-encrypted is not a good idea.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Rob, I think we really need something for headless if the new UTXO proposal passes, leaving it un-encrypted is not a good idea.
Ok 1.1.0.1 windows is out there now if you want to grab it.

I wont have any time left tonight to read the emails or PMs.

On "encrypted" are you referring to the UTXO message in the chain?  Sending Tx from user to another user is not encrypted, its signed.
The UTXO is also signed.  So it cant be hacked by falsifying a message in the chain.  PODC updates are Signed by your CPID.

• T-Mike

more
Ok 1.1.0.1 windows is out there now if you want to grab it.

I wont have any time left tonight to read the emails or PMs.

On "encrypted" are you referring to the UTXO message in the chain?  Sending Tx from user to another user is not encrypted, its signed.
The UTXO is also signed.  So it cant be hacked by falsifying a message in the chain.  PODC updates are Signed by your CPID.

Rob, no I mean the wallet has to be unlocked for podc updates. Right now it does not auto-unlock in headless.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Rob, no I mean the wallet has to be unlocked for podc updates. Right now it does not auto-unlock in headless.
Oh good, sounds like something easier to deal with.  So, yeah biblepay-cli would log entries in the bash log because those are from bash.
Maybe if I send it like the FTP prompt, maybe it would not be logged.  I guess I can check into that in the morning.

In the mean time you want to try FTPing into a server with a password and see if bash does not log the pass as root?

• T-Mike

more
Oh good, sounds like something easier to deal with.  So, yeah biblepay-cli would log entries in the bash log because those are from bash.
Maybe if I send it like the FTP prompt, maybe it would not be logged.  I guess I can check into that in the morning.

In the mean time you want to try FTPing into a server with a password and see if bash does not log the pass as root?

The ftp password prompt is the like normal linux user login prompt so it does not log the password, it doesn't even display it when your typing it. But I mentioned in an earlier post that you are typing out your passphrase when you unlock your wallet normally anyways so i don't think it's a bigger security concern compared to before.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
The ftp password prompt is the like normal linux user login prompt so it does not log the password, it doesn't even display it when your typing it. But I mentioned in an earlier post that you are typing out your passphrase when you unlock your wallet normally anyways so i don't think it's a bigger security concern compared to before.
Hmmm, right, but they could RPC over SSL to the box and enter the pass without it going in the log, so Id rather not condone that behavior of typing it in if we can make it secure.  Let me take a look at how FTP allows the characters to be typed and see if I can make a headless test case.

So I see the miner appears to be a little more stable/faster with the last update- now we ask the miner to sign the threads cpids once and only re-sign if necessary (this keeps the lock from going off/on and prevents the crash).  Did 1110 prevent the crash for you in the miner?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Jaap, I just upgraded the pool server to 1110 if you want to re-associate the completely unbanked cpid and verify we dont receive an error.

As far as rewards are concerned we need a 51% supermajority on the sancs in order to start voting the correct contract for the unbanked cpid (IE by Thursday we should see some payments).

Thanks!