more
Testnet still needs more helpers to execute the test cases:

https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=762.new#new

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Biblepay is full of Leverage, because we have 5.2B coins to emit over 29 years.  This means those who get in early have more potential than those who miss the party - although there is no guarantee of future profits.

But one of the ideas in UTXO is to pair BBP with another crypto to give you a safer level of exposure to the sector.
With BTC, ETH and DASH already reaching high prices, my goal is to include pairs of cryptos that give you a lot of leverage as a user.
For example, the idea with BBP+DOGE was to allow you to buy a lot of quantity for a little.  However, DOGE has already skyrocketed up to fifty cents as of today, so even that appears (depending on your view) as moderately or higher priced.

What coins do you guys/girls as a community want to see biblepay paired with in the leaderboard for future DWU and leverage?

Obviously this decision is tied mostly to quality also - please don't misunderstand me and think that I want to pick the cheapest, I do want to pick the coin with the most *potential*.  The one that matches biblepay's technical innovation and helps us work together as a positive partnership.  Price is the second factor (Im basically looking for undiscovered hidden gems to pair with).

In the background I'm looking into XLM (Stellar Lumens), and Ripple (XRP).

« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 12:14:50 PM by Rob Andrews »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Recurring - Weekly BiblePay Prayer Call - Business Update

Continuing this Sunday at 2PM CST/7PM UTC (May 9th, 2021) we will be holding our third 60 minute prayer call (and business update):

The agenda:
30 minutes: Prayers with Evangelist Patrick & Rob (this includes prayers for the world, our prayer list, warfare, healing, and finally
 BiblePays future).
15 minutes: Business Update (what we are working on and important immediate issues, new ideas for the Christian dashboard)
15 minutes: Questions from Pat or the audience

Who is Evangelist Pat?  He is our prayer co-captain and founder of Haven of Refuge, a ministry that specializes in deliverance from PTSD.

Please join us on Sunday:

https://www.freeconferencecall.com/wall/rob8694/host

NOTE:  This is a recurring prayer call for every Sunday, so unless we change the schedule we will automatically continue this every week.

• Dimarzio123

• March 11, 2018, 06:40:55 AM
    more
Definitely XRP - comes with a huge community as a bonus
TIA

Biblepay is full of Leverage, because we have 5.2B coins to emit over 29 years.  This means those who get in early have more potential than those who miss the party - although there is no guarantee of future profits.

But one of the ideas in UTXO is to pair BBP with another crypto to give you a safer level of exposure to the sector.
With BTC, ETH and DASH already reaching high prices, my goal is to include pairs of cryptos that give you a lot of leverage as a user.
For example, the idea with BBP+DOGE was to allow you to buy a lot of quantity for a little.  However, DOGE has already skyrocketed up to fifty cents as of today, so even that appears (depending on your view) as moderately or higher priced.

What coins do you guys/girls as a community want to see biblepay paired with in the leaderboard for future DWU and leverage?

Obviously this decision is tied mostly to quality also - please don't misunderstand me and think that I want to pick the cheapest, I do want to pick the coin with the most *potential*.  The one that matches biblepay's technical innovation and helps us work together as a positive partnership.  Price is the second factor (Im basically looking for undiscovered hidden gems to pair with).

In the background I'm looking into XLM (Stellar Lumens), and Ripple (XRP).

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Definitely XRP - comes with a huge community as a bonus
TIA

Thanks, doing some ripple testing right now!  And Stellar.

• twinkle

• May 12, 2021, 09:05:47 AM
    more
Hello everyone,
So, I have been monitoring the project for a while now, just started mining the coin through this pool 2 weeks ish ago, and have now moved on to investing in a fractional sanc. I really like all of the developments that have been made thus far to the coin, and I am really happy to see so much still being actively done. My only question is if there is any push or proposal out there thus far that is a dedicated one to advertising the coin. The usability of it is the main area of focus, I can see, from both future update forums and the current proposals. I am worried, though, that not enough people know about the currency yet to make it widespread in its usecases.

Obviously, churches accepting the coin as a method of tithe/offering is a big hurdle, but one that, should it be accepted by several large or influential organizations, would seriously help to spread how many people are using the coin. Have any churches been directly contacted yet with this information regarding not only the purpose for but the reasons behind BiblePay?

What about a proposal to allocate 1 mil ish coins for an advertisement on Dave Ramsay's show. I know it is a long shot, but the benefit from having potentially thousands if not tens of thousands of Christians hearing about our currency could be crazy. Furthermore, paying for an advertisement on Christian podcasts, such as Carey Green's morning mindset, could be beneficial as well. His podcast specifically is very large and listened to worldwide.

Lastly, are any charities, Christian specifically, accepting BiblePay yet? I will look into some of the most prominent, I really think that even having one more usecase for this crypto could help to propel it to new levels of acceptance and usage.

Thanks for hearing out my ideas, I really would like to see this succeed, and not just for monetary rewards or anything either. I really do believe that God's word is spread through this, whether by the sponsoring of orphans, the messages/videos/posts available, or the Bible verses encrypted with each transaction. Great work on the currency thus far, and please do let me know if any of the above ideas should be considered as a future proposal.
Thanks, and may God bless you all!
twinkle

1000 BBP

• twinkle

more
Have any of you looked into STC (StudentCoin) for potential benefits to add to UXTO? It is super small at the moment, probably too small to actually consider applying to UXTO staking, but it would still be interesting, I think. The whitepaper on it looks promising, but it has a lot of benefits that it lists that it has yet to actually act on, so still risky in that sense too. It basically aims to be accepted by a ton of upper tier colleges around the world as a payment method, and the blockchain on which student projects are built. Either way, just wanted to throw that one out there as one that potentially has a high upside. Just finished its ICO about a month or so ago, about 2 cents per coin currently. This is not investment advice, obviously, and I definitely still like BBP WAAAAY more than STC :).

Coinmarketcap on it: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/student-coin/
Main page for STC: https://app.studentcoin.org/buy

Thanks for hearing me out, and may God bless you all!
twinkle

1000 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Have any of you looked into STC (StudentCoin) for potential benefits to add to UXTO? It is super small at the moment, probably too small to actually consider applying to UXTO staking, but it would still be interesting, I think. The whitepaper on it looks promising, but it has a lot of benefits that it lists that it has yet to actually act on, so still risky in that sense too. It basically aims to be accepted by a ton of upper tier colleges around the world as a payment method, and the blockchain on which student projects are built. Either way, just wanted to throw that one out there as one that potentially has a high upside. Just finished its ICO about a month or so ago, about 2 cents per coin currently. This is not investment advice, obviously, and I definitely still like BBP WAAAAY more than STC :).

Coinmarketcap on it: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/student-coin/
Main page for STC: https://app.studentcoin.org/buy

Thanks for hearing me out, and may God bless you all!
twinkle

1000 BBP

Hi Twinkle,

It is certainly great to have you here, and I am very impressed with your zeal for the project, thank you.

So I took a look at student coin and its whitepaper, and Im just not entirely convinced that its not a scam.  I find it hard to believe that they are actually integrating with the universities listed in the whitepaper (Harvard, etc etc etc), and then I took a look at their student courses and the third course took me to a page that looked like a canned (or plagarized) page about Energy... So Im not sure about them.

As far as integrating with ether tokens for utxo, certainly yes Im definitely interested in that; on our weekly conf call weve been discussing Binance Coin (BNB) as the next logical choice, which I feel is kind of exciting.  Basically if we can pull that off, then we can certainly extend to other Ethereum projects!

In the mean time Im still working on integrating with Stellar Lumens and with Ripple for our Harvest release.

7800 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Hello everyone,
So, I have been monitoring the project for a while now, just started mining the coin through this pool 2 weeks ish ago, and have now moved on to investing in a fractional sanc. I really like all of the developments that have been made thus far to the coin, and I am really happy to see so much still being actively done. My only question is if there is any push or proposal out there thus far that is a dedicated one to advertising the coin. The usability of it is the main area of focus, I can see, from both future update forums and the current proposals. I am worried, though, that not enough people know about the currency yet to make it widespread in its usecases.

Obviously, churches accepting the coin as a method of tithe/offering is a big hurdle, but one that, should it be accepted by several large or influential organizations, would seriously help to spread how many people are using the coin. Have any churches been directly contacted yet with this information regarding not only the purpose for but the reasons behind BiblePay?

What about a proposal to allocate 1 mil ish coins for an advertisement on Dave Ramsay's show. I know it is a long shot, but the benefit from having potentially thousands if not tens of thousands of Christians hearing about our currency could be crazy. Furthermore, paying for an advertisement on Christian podcasts, such as Carey Green's morning mindset, could be beneficial as well. His podcast specifically is very large and listened to worldwide.

Lastly, are any charities, Christian specifically, accepting BiblePay yet? I will look into some of the most prominent, I really think that even having one more usecase for this crypto could help to propel it to new levels of acceptance and usage.

Thanks for hearing out my ideas, I really would like to see this succeed, and not just for monetary rewards or anything either. I really do believe that God's word is spread through this, whether by the sponsoring of orphans, the messages/videos/posts available, or the Bible verses encrypted with each transaction. Great work on the currency thus far, and please do let me know if any of the above ideas should be considered as a future proposal.
Thanks, and may God bless you all!
twinkle

1000 BBP

God bless you too.
So, we had a couple users in 2018 talking to a couple churches but the relationship fizzled out.  Myself, I tried to get in touch with my local church (before the coronavirus hit) and started having meetings with them but sadly the coronavirus hit before we really got anywhere, so no, we dont have any relationships with any church brewing currently.

We do have a couple leads one with i2 ministries (Muslim apologetics) and Youth for Chist in the UK, that are not entirely stalled.

We've never reached out to anyone like Dave Ramsey.  I feel like you have the zeal for this... I would encourage you to help us in this dept. 
Advertising funds are available, we have up to 6MM bbp available in the monthly superblock for this. 

Yes we have had some airdrop campaigns, some advertising, some promotions, but, they have all been overpriced, and resulted in tiny gains.  Our google ads expenditures - of a couple grand total - resulted in about 1 new user, and Jaaps airdrops of $1-$2K resulted in a few new users.  We honestly got more new users from our 50K randomx mining reward bonus which I temporarily stopped, but we probably gained about 20 randomx miners with that project and it costed me about 700K bbp (which to me is pretty small compared to some of these other ideas that went belly up) etc.

MIP and I have been designing Mobile tithing into the mobile wallet, anticipating that a church might want to use BBP some day.  I believe he finished most of that feature.

7800 BBP
« Last Edit: May 18, 2021, 02:09:51 PM by Rob Andrews »

• twinkle

more
Will do, going to come up with an idea for a post and email soon, as well as scope out potential budget for such advertising.

1000 BBP

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
Here's an aligned article about using NFTs to save lives. I know you've been thinking about NFTs and orphan sponsorship, so the article is relevant.

http://www.paulgraham.com/nft.html

3400 BBP
« Last Edit: May 19, 2021, 08:47:39 AM by Rob Andrews »
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• twinkle

more
Here's an aligned article about using NFTs to save lives. I know you've been thinking about NFTs and orphan sponsorship, so the article is relevant.

3400 BBP

Nice idea, never seen something like that before. What a neat idea for a nft to really make a positive difference! Maybe this could be some sort of similar idea on BBP's nft page, as a way to fundraise for individual outreach events, etc. Thanks for sharing, and may God bless you.
twinkle

1000 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more

3400 BBP

Thanks, It seems similar to what we are trying to do with our dedicated orphan nft.  But one thing I like that he mentioned is how you can easily report on it.  This will be good for us because we can take some of the reporting burden away (eventually).

7800 BBP

• twinkle

more
Quick idea about the main page of foundation.biblepay.org, specifically the signing in aspect. Whenever I set up the 2fa login to be able to withdraw/stake, it said that I would need that each time I was to log back in. However, whenever I get to the login page, I can just click "login" without having to input any data (as my username is already saved to the site). Or, the 2fa field can just be blank and still allow me to log back in. This could be an issue if anyone was to sign in to their profile on a public computer, as, after such, anyone could just go to the login page and not have to have any of the 2fa stuff, be able to access their account straightaway, and then, obviously, steal all funds, etc. Just wanted to confirm this was by design, that is all.
May God bless,
twinkle

1000 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Quick idea about the main page of foundation.biblepay.org, specifically the signing in aspect. Whenever I set up the 2fa login to be able to withdraw/stake, it said that I would need that each time I was to log back in. However, whenever I get to the login page, I can just click "login" without having to input any data (as my username is already saved to the site). Or, the 2fa field can just be blank and still allow me to log back in. This could be an issue if anyone was to sign in to their profile on a public computer, as, after such, anyone could just go to the login page and not have to have any of the 2fa stuff, be able to access their account straightaway, and then, obviously, steal all funds, etc. Just wanted to confirm this was by design, that is all.
May God bless,
twinkle

Hi Twinkle,

To Log Off:   Click Account | Log Off from foundation.biblepay, then Log Out of forum.biblepay.org, then once you see "Guest" on the
 upper left avatar area of the screen, you will not be able to automatically log in without forum.biblepay.org authentication.

7800 BBP
« Last Edit: May 30, 2021, 12:28:29 PM by Rob Andrews »