Bible Pay

Read 7361 times

• dfleming55

• June 29, 2020, 03:24:19 PM
    more
Promoting BBP Usage
« on: September 03, 2020, 11:08:56 AM »
Hello,

I've been lurking around for a couple of months.  Watching.  Learning.  I wanted to make sure Biblepay was on the up-and-up.  I've become quite excited about BBP.

As is typical for me, I'm late to the party.  Being an older computer guy makes me slow to embrace new tech.  I want to see Biblepay succeed there are so many reasons and ways it could help both people generally AND help the Church.

Where I see the rubber hitting the road is Usage.  People need a reason to want to HAVE and USE BBP.  How do we grow this?

My hunch is that a groundswell within the Church would be the easiest way.  So how do we get BBP in the the hands of our church folk?  Again, I don't know what the legalities are, but here is a wacky idea that came to me.  Have you ever had a checking account that would round a transaction to the nearest dollar and put it in savings?  Or maybe been making a purchase and the checker offers to donate the change to charity?  Why can't Biblepay do this somehow?

We have to lower the barrier so BBP isn't just for the technophile. To do this maybe Biblepay partners with some kind of online store.  When a user with an account at that store makes a purchase, the store can offer to round the transaction and turn that amount taken into BBP and store it for the user. 

So yes, the online store would act as kind of a web-based crypto-wallet.  (I know this has all kinds of implications, but sorry guys, I need my mom to be able to understand and use Biblepay.)  So the online store would hold the BBP, allow them to spend the BBP at the store itself OR donate it to some charity of their choice OR sent it to someone they personally know in need.

• rwalden

• April 21, 2021, 10:02:35 PM
    more
Re: Promoting BBP Usage
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2021, 10:06:40 PM »
Did you ever get something worked out? Would be interested in hearing about it.

• rwalden

• April 21, 2021, 10:02:35 PM
    more
Re: Promoting BBP Usage
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2021, 10:14:24 PM »
I have been contemplating use cases.

Has anyone else explored the idea of a market place where BBP can be used to trade for Care Packages? Order things that are recommended for the orphans and can be delivered by the different Charities serving them. I am thinking it could be expanded from pencils and other small items to larger things for the household even larger community items rather quickly if it proves efficient.

If you really want to expand on it you could gamify it. People love picking stuff out or even go SimCIty style virtual representation of a village and people participate in getting it done. Bring in a reality TV show about the process of the first internet community built village and you could have some thing of interest to many people with positive benefits for all involved. I am just thinking out loud so to say.