Read 158306 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: Testnet - Test Proof of Giving
« Reply #360 on: January 16, 2019, 10:52:57 AM »

I checked other new features in wallet and theyre working ;)
Nice.

Thanks for the wishlist, this provides very good feedback.

Orbis' wish-list:
  • Pogpool looks super, but maybe some highlight of my name in leaderboard would be awesome.
->  On a side note, the pogpool list does refresh once per minute.  Good idea on the highlight!
(I added to my punchlist).

• Its possible to move it from upper menu to left menu under Distributed computing? It would be more visible.
->  I think this is a good idea........  Added to my punchlist

• In send tab new captions of Pog tithe and donate are good, but on hover labels are "old" and now not actual.
->  OK, thanks, added to punchlist

• Business object list (letters, orphans) works good, but it is slow and in prod version is it slower (more objects)
->  Im not experiencing this.  When I click Expenses for example in prod (I think we have 100 expenses) I get them in about 1/2 a second.
What kind of internet provider do you have (IE how many MBPS) and is the machine beefy?  We are retrieving the docs from IPFS- IPFS has been generally very snappy for me.  (As snappy as downloading a normal web site jpeg, etc).

• Letter writing from wallet is awesome. Works for me, but there wasn't option to delete uploaded picture (within writing a letter)
->  Thanks, although I did have edit capability in mind, its not in yet.  When in review mode, the letter is read only (the buttons dont work).
However, I do plan on checking the 'ownership' of the original letter and if its yours (IE you signed it with your PK) then you will be able to edit it and it will be re-saved in IPFS over the old one (essentially replacing it).  I need to put this on the longer term IPFS schedule as its not trivial.

• Editing letter didn't work (I dont know if it can be option to edit it, but after open to review there is ability to edit it and save button, but it doesnt works)
-> This is addressed in the last item

• There is no option to vote for letter in wallet.
->  This is coming soon; we have about 33% of the voting done in the RPC but needs more work; the Vote can be executed by any user, not just a sanctuary.
This is halted because I have decided we need a thread to talk about User reputation scores.  Off the top of my head, Im thinking about replacing the
PODC exec associate command, with a new command with the ability to register a user as a Person - this establishes a reputation score going forward as you vote on things and also gives you an RSA keypair- the keypair can be used to provide permissions to other objects based on your desires (IE you may want to share a Christian space with certain collaborators).  Since this is another one not trivial, I am adding to the long term IPFS schedule.

• Time to time the width of columns in those lists is changed and Im not able to change it and I dont see anything (example in attachment).
->  I was unable to reproduce this; could you please see if anything leads up to this?

[/list]

• orbis

• February 08, 2018, 04:37:14 PM
    more
« Reply #361 on: January 16, 2019, 02:02:32 PM »
  • Business object list (letters, orphans) works good, but it is slow and in prod version is it slower (more objects)
->  Im not experiencing this.  When I click Expenses for example in prod (I think we have 100 expenses) I get them in about 1/2 a second.
What kind of internet provider do you have (IE how many MBPS) and is the machine beefy?  We are retrieving the docs from IPFS- IPFS has been generally very snappy for me.  (As snappy as downloading a normal web site jpeg, etc).
I have 500Mbit download link and I haven't problem to download and play on my PC, so I think this is not the root cause ;)
I think that it can be problem of my peers. I dont have a masternode.
I've made some tests and here are results:
Testnet (5 peers, avg ping around 180ms):
Click on Bussiness object list: avg 12s (longest 40s, shortest 5s)
List Orphan: avg 15s
List letters: avg 12s
lis expense: avg 10s

Production (8 peers, avg ping around 100ms):
Click on Bussiness object list: avg 8s (longest 19s, shortest 6s)
List Orphan: avg 80s (longest 100s, shortest 75s)
List letters: NA
lis expense: avg 15s

After few retries to list orphans my wallet just didn't react and after 5 minutes I just need to use force close.
I dont know why. In debug log there are many records of this repeating:
Code: [Select]
objecttype orphan  domain 207.148.5.184  sending 207.148.5.184
  • Time to time the width of columns in those lists is changed and Im not able to change it and I dont see anything (example in attachment).
->  I was unable to reproduce this; could you please see if anything leads up to this?
I was not able to reproduce it again too :)
I will try to check it again and find the reason.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #362 on: January 16, 2019, 03:32:38 PM »
I have 500Mbit download link and I haven't problem to download and play on my PC, so I think this is not the root cause ;)
I think that it can be problem of my peers. I dont have a masternode.
I've made some tests and here are results:
Testnet (5 peers, avg ping around 180ms):
Click on Bussiness object list: avg 12s (longest 40s, shortest 5s)
List Orphan: avg 15s
List letters: avg 12s
lis expense: avg 10s

Production (8 peers, avg ping around 100ms):
Click on Bussiness object list: avg 8s (longest 19s, shortest 6s)
List Orphan: avg 80s (longest 100s, shortest 75s)
List letters: NA
lis expense: avg 15s

After few retries to list orphans my wallet just didn't react and after 5 minutes I just need to use force close.
I dont know why. In debug log there are many records of this repeating:
Code: [Select]
objecttype orphan  domain 207.148.5.184  sending 207.148.5.184I was not able to reproduce it again too :)
I will try to check it again and find the reason.

Just to look at this Business Object List | Rt Click on Orphan | List  (taking longer than a couple seconds) deeper, I want to mention, I have a few low end $1-$2 per month QT sancs running, and I have clicked these lists from my QT sancs, and they still load up in about 1 second (total) - IE listing all the records.

Lets try to isolate this down to "potentially" being something in your machine (like a web plugin, or webpage blocking antivirus ) etc.

Lets ask everyone else- is there anyone here in testnet that it takes longer than 5 secs to load one of the business object lists (or exactly the one above in testnet)?

Also Orbis, can you please try this on one of your cloud VMs or a friends or kids pc that is not the same PC?

Im thinking something on your machine is blocking the traffic.  IPFS currently uses port 8080 to talk.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #363 on: January 18, 2019, 07:30:44 PM »
So I take it from the lack of response - that everyones business object list is loading fast?  Please take a moment to run the wallet in prod mode and list our business object | orphan list or Expense list.  Im confident it works fine because Ive tested this on over 7 nodes on both windows and linux, so it points to Orbiss machine being plagued with a web plugin.

On another note, I finished the small parts of the punchlist yesterday and I think we are really close to a Prod release schedule now.  I believe I will be leaving off 'orphan writing' for the time being until we can test Voting and Editing an orphan letter. 

So prod would include POG to extend POBH only, adding the POG leaderboard, and everything else but Orphan writing.

In the mean time I need to check with CoinExchange and make sure they are onboard with an early to mid February mandatory.  Ill check this tomorrow, and enter a Sanc vote for redirecting payments from POBH to POG in Prod (for procedural integrity).

Madmurphy, how do your daily payments look, basically what you would have expeceted for the amount you Tithed?

Can anyone think of anything we are missing in relationship to last minute features or double checks before we go live?

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
« Reply #364 on: January 18, 2019, 10:34:50 PM »
So I take it from the lack of response - that everyones business object list is loading fast?
Testnet (1182)
Orphans is fast but there is only 1 listing.
Contacts take 3-4 seconds.

Is the explanation that orbis and I do not have IPFS nodes? If you have local IPFS nodes, that could be the differential reason for latency.

Expense in prod (1159) takes 4-5 seconds to load.

~~~

Can anyone think of anything we are missing in relationship to last minute features or double checks before we go live?

Are you going to put a checkbox (on/off) and recurrence for PoG? That'd be more "user friendly" than editing the biblepay.conf

If you want user adoption, doesn't it make sense to activate this from the GUI instead of biblepay.conf ?
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• orbis

more
« Reply #365 on: January 19, 2019, 04:15:58 AM »
Is the explanation that orbis and I do not have IPFS nodes? If you have local IPFS nodes, that could be the differential reason for latency.
I've tested it in many way and many times, but I'm sill not able to reach better times. I really don't know why. Sorry. I'm not able to test it on different PC right now.

Are you going to put a checkbox (on/off) and recurrence for PoG? That'd be more "user friendly" than editing the biblepay.conf
If you want user adoption, doesn't it make sense to activate this from the GUI instead of biblepay.conf ?
I agree with Sunk.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #366 on: January 19, 2019, 10:39:05 AM »
I've tested it in many way and many times, but I'm sill not able to reach better times. I really don't know why. Sorry. I'm not able to test it on different PC right now.
I agree with Sunk.

So on the IPFS issue, you don't need to be running an IPFS node for performance, no;  You only need to run an IPFS node (in the future) to help us store Christian videos (we can talk about that in a separate thread).  But for now, to help diagnose your problem, you can upload a few 2meg or so videos into transactions (using Sendmoney), scrape the indivudal links (by viewing the transaction you received in the txlist), and clocking them to see how long the download time is for BiblePay IPFS vs hosting the same links on your favorite cloud provider.    But since you are the only person it is happening to and the single PC this is happening on and have no ability to try on your work machine or families machine it points to a single problem on your individual PC.

As far as a GUI checkbox, we will take that into consideration during the tryout phase of POG in prod (along with all the other things going on in parallel).

My biggest source of excitement is to soon watch the basline of POG users in Prod increasing... Hallelujah and Praise Jesus!

« Reply #367 on: January 19, 2019, 11:03:14 AM »
Business object list loads fast for me on  testnet & prod (1-3 seconds)

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #368 on: January 19, 2019, 04:37:11 PM »
Business object list loads fast for me on  testnet & prod (1-3 seconds)

Thanks.

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

more
« Reply #369 on: January 20, 2019, 12:59:43 AM »
I agree with Sunk.

Even if you can't test on a different PC, I'm thankful you tested what you have. It important to acknowledge that what your experienced is true and not dismiss it as a one-off. I can vouch for some delay in receiving results, but I haven't dug deeper (and can't due to time constraints) to determine where the "lag" is. Without better diagnostic tools, it is hard to know. If you're motivated a free tool called Sysinternals Process Monitor, that will give you a lot more detailed logging to see if there is any system contention with another process (antivirus), disk IO, network delay, etc. And Windows even comes with a tool called Resmon (Resource Monitor) but it won't log time like Process Monitor (PM). PM can log every file, registry, and network request made by BiblePay.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #370 on: January 20, 2019, 08:36:50 AM »
However note that I still believe its a one off - because I tested from 7 machines around the world over 3 networks and 2 oss.

So it is important for Orbis to run his test from a different PC and then isolate the problem on the first pc.
(I did offer an explanation as to how to isolate the IPFS links in a prior page).

Regarding the "some delay" comment thats because 100 business objects are equal to 100 IPFS calls - therefore yes there is some delay (but not more than 5 seconds).  Orbis said 5 minutes, which is clearly an HTTP timeout on his PC for certain calls.

The main thing I caution is to not try to blame biblepay for something that is broken on one persons machine.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 09:05:39 AM by Rob Andrews »

• orbis

more
« Reply #371 on: January 20, 2019, 11:28:38 AM »
Thanks Sunk.
I've tried Sysinternals Process Monitor to catch some other processes affecting biblepay-qt.
I've found only my antivirus, but after stopping it the result was the same (reading avg times were from 5s to 15s).
I've tried it in Windows' safe mode, but it was still without change.
I'm sorry, but I'm not able to find root cause.
I've tried it on different PC and the results was same... But it was still on my network.
Maybe there is problem with my router or provider.
But I haven't problem to watch 4k streams and download 40MB/s (like I said I have 500/30 Mbit network - but on my PC I have ony 100Mbit)
Let it be. It realy looks that it's only my problem, but I don't know where.
Maybe it's problem with long distance to USA :D
I have download speed problem with wallet from biblepay.org too.
The download speed is sometimes too slow (maybe 1MB/s - now I tested it and it was 3MB/s).

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #372 on: January 20, 2019, 05:36:15 PM »
Thanks Sunk.
I've tried Sysinternals Process Monitor to catch some other processes affecting biblepay-qt.
I've found only my antivirus, but after stopping it the result was the same (reading avg times were from 5s to 15s).
I've tried it in Windows' safe mode, but it was still without change.
I'm sorry, but I'm not able to find root cause.
I've tried it on different PC and the results was same... But it was still on my network.
Maybe there is problem with my router or provider.
But I haven't problem to watch 4k streams and download 40MB/s (like I said I have 500/30 Mbit network - but on my PC I have ony 100Mbit)
Let it be. It realy looks that it's only my problem, but I don't know where.
Maybe it's problem with long distance to USA :D
I have download speed problem with wallet from biblepay.org too.
The download speed is sometimes too slow (maybe 1MB/s - now I tested it and it was 3MB/s).

Right, then I can explain this situation for your LAN pretty easily.  Knowing that the business object list is chatty (meaning it has to ask for each business object IE one row per object), that means latency is an important factor.  Knowing that my original question (of how fast is your WAN speed) has an answer of about 1MBPS, which is very slow, that means my answer would have been :  Your WAN has high latency and is slow - because all our IPFS nodes are in the US.

You either have to increase your US wan speed or run an ipfs node in Slovakia.  Dont jump on the Slovakian node too fast though because one of our other intermediate IPFS goals is making an IPFS DNS server with a swarm key and thats not done yet, so no sense in trying to hurry and volunteer for one in your region yet.

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

more
« Reply #373 on: January 20, 2019, 08:46:15 PM »
(but not more than 5 seconds).  Orbis said 5 minutes, which is clearly an HTTP timeout on his PC for certain calls.

The main thing I caution is to not try to blame biblepay for something that is broken on one persons machine.

Thanks. I thought he said 5 seconds, but 5 minutes... you're right is too long of a wait. I'm not getting that at all.

Short term, could he run IPFS node locally and see if it helps with response times after IPFS node is synced up?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #374 on: January 21, 2019, 08:01:24 AM »
Thanks. I thought he said 5 seconds, but 5 minutes... you're right is too long of a wait. I'm not getting that at all.

Short term, could he run IPFS node locally and see if it helps with response times after IPFS node is synced up?

I posted in #372 (right before your post #373) the answer in the 2nd paragraph.