Read 410485 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Hi Rob, please I have UTXOWeight 75:
"6785ded1f65063ef8f01f42deb31cf1d_UTXOWeight": 75,

I have balance over 1M tBBP but have not sanctuary , only wallet.

It is a problem ?

Thanks.

The 75 for utxoweight means it only staked at level 4 on the chart. So it only allocated say, 40K bbp in your coinstake.
You can fix this in prod by adding: polpercentage=50 in your bbp config file, or just wait and see if things improve on the next PODCUpdate tx.

You'd have to go to your PODCUpdate tx and look at what it spent (double click it in biblepay-qt).  Maybe you have some funds locked.  It used .05% currently by default.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
I think it is much improved, great job.

For the task weight, is it calculated from invalid tasks like the one's we can see on the Rosetta website? And the uxto is purely on the amount of BBP available in the wallet correct?
The UTXO weight is very similar to POS, where the wallet tries to spend 5% of your balance back to you in a coinstake, and that amount is used for the UTXOweight.  You can raise it with polpercentage=60 for example.

The task integrity is assessed by the sanctuary iterating through all your reported tasks, and comparing the timestamp information for each task with Rosettas XML report for its (live in real time) timestamp info.  With the goal of being to detect any WU tampering.  We do not dock you for an invalid task solved out of your TaskWeight, but in that case you dont get paid any RAC at all for that task, we actually only dock you if your purported timestamps disagree with Rosettas timestamps on a given WU, or if your WU is not reported to the Sanc and you solve it and ask for credit.  This is designed to allow us to assess if you are indeed working on the task(s) you say you are working on and they match.  The RAC reward comes separately after the task(s) are completed, validated and assigned credit, Then the final magnitude calc is : Integrity * RAC * UTXOWeight = Magnitude.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Rob, when does it change??
  "04fba56d89a5eb38b1b82f8a6240132c_TaskWeight": 0,
  "04fba56d89a5eb38b1b82f8a6240132c_UTXOWeight": 0,
On starting new task, or on the end?
And second T-mike's question... how it is Task Integrity calculated?

oh.. EDIT :) when i will be "mine" only on rosetta without online master wallet I will be DR level 3?

You can force it with exec podcupdate, or just wait 24 hours and lets see if everything works correctly.
If you are using 'setgenerate true=1' (or higher) it should be sending a podcupdate within 8 hours.

Ive got to head out, Ill be back in about 4 hours.

• orbis

• February 08, 2018, 04:37:14 PM
    more
You can force it with exec podcupdate, or just wait 24 hours and lets see if everything works correctly.
If you are using 'setgenerate true=1' (or higher) it should be sending a podcupdate within 8 hours.

Ive got to head out, Ill be back in about 4 hours.
Ok. thanks. And the wallet must be unlocked?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Windows 1.0.9.4b is out there, if anyone wants to test on windows.

• ischindl

• February 12, 2018, 04:58:37 PM
    more
The 75 for utxoweight means it only staked at level 4 on the chart. So it only allocated say, 40K bbp in your coinstake.
You can fix this in prod by adding: polpercentage=50 in your bbp config file, or just wait and see if things improve on the next PODCUpdate tx.

You'd have to go to your PODCUpdate tx and look at what it spent (double click it in biblepay-qt).  Maybe you have some funds locked.  It used .05% currently by default.

Thanks Rob, it is ok, now I understand.

• T-Mike

• February 06, 2018, 06:12:58 PM
    more
The UTXO weight is very similar to POS, where the wallet tries to spend 5% of your balance back to you in a coinstake, and that amount is used for the UTXOweight.  You can raise it with polpercentage=60 for example.

The task integrity is assessed by the sanctuary iterating through all your reported tasks, and comparing the timestamp information for each task with Rosettas XML report for its (live in real time) timestamp info.  With the goal of being to detect any WU tampering.  We do not dock you for an invalid task solved out of your TaskWeight, but in that case you dont get paid any RAC at all for that task, we actually only dock you if your purported timestamps disagree with Rosettas timestamps on a given WU, or if your WU is not reported to the Sanc and you solve it and ask for credit.  This is designed to allow us to assess if you are indeed working on the task(s) you say you are working on and they match.  The RAC reward comes separately after the task(s) are completed, validated and assigned credit, Then the final magnitude calc is : Integrity * RAC * UTXOWeight = Magnitude.

The XML report is the one you obtain the RAC from correct? Where does the task information come from?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
The XML report is the one you obtain the RAC from correct? Where does the task information come from?
Here is an example of how the sanctuary verifies work units from the xml file:
https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/result_status.php?ids=976055122,975055123,975055124,975055125,975055126,975055127,975055128,975055129,975055129,975055129

The task info is sent from the controller wallet into the block chain as a PODC Transaction.

For RAC, we actually get that out of the daily rosetta userbase file (its 389 megs per day).  If you go to your Sanctuary SAN directory you can see the "üser" file there.

• T-Mike

more
Here is an example of how the sanctuary verifies work units from the xml file:
https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/result_status.php?ids=976055122,975055123,975055124,975055125,975055126,975055127,975055128,975055129,975055129,975055129

The task info is sent from the controller wallet into the block chain as a PODC Transaction.

For RAC, we actually get that out of the daily rosetta userbase file (its 389 megs per day).  If you go to your Sanctuary SAN directory you can see the "üser" file there.

Rob, sorry, I'm still having difficulty understanding. I see the xml file, can you show exactly what your comparing? (I know it's the timestamp but which one to which one?)

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
For some reason I'm not showing on the R@h leaderboard on the pool, but I show on the R@h website as being in the group.

Also, is there a way to see all the commands you can do with the exec in regards to the wallet?  I'd be happy to test them but need a masterlist

Alright, your in there now.  It looks like the pool couldnt handle one of the values, now its programmed in.

As far as the exec command, finding a list of them, no there is currently no documentation, other than the wiki page.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Rob, sorry, I'm still having difficulty understanding. I see the xml file, can you show exactly what your comparing? (I know it's the timestamp but which one to which one?)
For example, if your first machine is running 10 tasks, and lets say WU 98651 was started at unix time 15345321, then your controller wallet will ask what time did that task start, once it receives 15345321 it will send that into the chain as a PODC update (along with a list of every other task it is working and timestamps to save size).  (It queries the timestamps from the Rosetta task themselves, not from the XML file). Then the Sanctuary will compare the XML sent_time, to that timestamp to ensure they agree.  This way if someone on the Rosetta side were to mass validate tasks or alter timestamps, or insert random records in the table to try to get someone paid, those may fail (if we catch one of the circumstances) - because we would have already sent our timestamps into our chain before the alteration.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 09:28:47 PM by Rob A. »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Ok. thanks. And the wallet must be unlocked?

Yes, since we are not POS, I suppose we would need to program some things in to "unlock for staking only" etc, but for now, yes it has to be unlocked for PODC updates as not only is it sending you a coinstake with UTXO in it, but there is a transaction fee in that transaction for the Task Transmission.

• T-Mike

more
For example, if your first machine is running 10 tasks, and lets say WU 98651 was started at unix time 15345321, then your controller wallet will ask what time did that task start, once it receives 15345321 it will send that into the chain as a PODC update (along with a list of every other task it is working and timestamps to save size).  (It queries the timestamps from the Rosetta task themselves, not from the XML file). Then the Sanctuary will compare the XML sent_time, to that timestamp to ensure they agree.  This way if someone on the Rosetta side were to mass validate tasks or alter timestamps, or insert random records in the table to try to get someone paid, those would fail because we would have already sent our timestamps into our chain before the alteration.

Oh...I understand now. That's a great idea!

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
And have same question like jaapgvk.
One (minor) thing: the 'setgenerate 1' option makes the wallet hash at the old speed again (not 1%) on both the linux and windows wallets. I think it was also the case with the previous version.
So, to be clear: with the current wallet, when I do 'setgenerate 1 true', on my quadcore 4 thread system, I'm using about 25% of my CPU.
I am on linux and last two versions are back on 1 full thread (1.0.9.2 was 1% of all processor).

Thank and excuse my english. I beleve that you understand my question :).

Yeah, I'm using the latest wallet and BOINC on my windows pc now. But I can't mine and use BOINC at the same time, because the wallet will use too much of the cpu-cycles and BOINC stops processing.

I don't know how to tweak the settings so that I can use both.

That also brings me to an other question about poor people all over the world using their phone to mine BBP (which I think will be a great application for Biblepay). How would one go about this? Would one person have a wallet running somewhere 24/7, and other people (with phones and tablets) would be running BOINC, and the person with the wallet would divide the collected BBP? Just thinking out loud.

Because I always liked the idea of 'one-click-mining', especially in combination with mobile phones and tablets, because even though - for example - a lot of people in Afrika are poor, a lót of them have a phone (although I don't know how many have smartphones).

• orbis

• February 08, 2018, 04:37:14 PM
    more
Yes, since we are not POS, I suppose we would need to program some things in to "unlock for staking only" etc, but for now, yes it has to be unlocked for PODC updates as not only is it sending you a coinstake with UTXO in it, but there is a transaction fee in that transaction for the Task Transmission.
So, that was my problem. It is a must-have to have option "unlock for PoDC only".
I am afraid to have my wallet on 24/7 server and if it should be unlocked it is even worst :)
Now I ordered VPS for testnet, but I am worried to unlock my wallet with command line. Ok there is option to delete bash history, but :)
It is possible to implement function "unlock for PoDC only" to options, or even better will be unlocked for PoDC everytime?
EDIT: maybe option "unlock for PoDC" may unlock wallet for PoDC without need to write password and run setgenerate true 1 automatically.

Next question :) Do I understand it correctly, that for now is 24/7 control wallet must-have even for mobile phone?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 03:43:18 AM by orbis »