Bible Pay

Read 410511 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Please join us in testing Proof-of-Distributed-Computing, a new consensus algorithm for Biblepay.

This algorithm is designed to divert proof-of-work clock-cycles (heat mining) into cancer-mining-clock-cycles through Rosetta@Home, performing useful work.

Testnet release date :  February 6th, 2018  @   15:58:00.

Windows is still compiling.  Will update when ready.
Please compile Linux from source :  https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay
Version: 1.0.8.8k - Leisure

NOTE:

Testnet has changed severely.  Please :
rm blocks -r
rm chainstate -r
rm mnc*.dat
rm gov*.dat
rm banlist.dat

Restart client.

To get started with Proof of Distributed Computing:

See Background info on distributed-computing first:
http://wiki.biblepay.org/Distributed_Computing

See guide:

How to Get Started with Distributed-Computing:
http://wiki.biblepay.org/Distributed_Computing_Start_Guide

**NOTE:  So far, the guide shows how to run Rosetta on Windows (as your cancer miner), and your biblepay wallet on linux (compiled from github).

I am still in the process of documenting how to install Rosetta on linux ** (Its easy, if you are daring, please check the windows instructions in the guide and give it a shot on linux using the apt-get boinc commands )

PS All credit for this project goes to Jesus.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 05:52:10 PM by Rob A. »

• klondike

• October 10, 2017, 09:00:24 AM
    more
working it with lichsucher PPA?

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
Awesome! Ill be testing in a bit,
Do we need any testnet sanctuaries running? I have one available

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Awesome! Ill be testing in a bit,
Do we need any testnet sanctuaries running? I have one available

Yes.  But chain needs erased so that will take down your sanc.  Please recreate it.

Yeah, we need a Sanctuary Quorum.

The code automatically chooses 10% of the sancs and marks them for duty.

All we have to do is type exec testvote after 500 more blocks and see if the quorum is Live.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Of course, two key pieces of info we will need to add to the help guide is:

1) How do I find out how much RAC (recent average credit) my CPID has for Rosetta?
   Go to the BOINC manager (on your PC), click on Projects, and on the row with Rosetta, take a look at the RAC field.
  That is the number Biblepay uses to calculate your Magnitude in the wallet once per day.

2) How do I view my CPID and magnitude in the wallet?
   The first way is to click the Distributed Computing tab in the GUI and view the bottom left "CPID" and"Magnitude" values.
 (This requires 1.0.8.8i+).
  The second way is to click on the RPC, and type 'exec getboincinfo'

NOTE:

If you are a new researcher, you will have to wait about 24 hours to see your RAC accumulate in BOINC.

PS To find the next superblock in Biblepay, type exec testvote, look for Next Superblock Height.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 08:03:49 PM by Rob A. »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
To find out if you are synced with the new chain:

getblockhash 2576

8ad6d439bb77b4304a34497183a16e4256f39dce990906f97e89ac602dcd4a50

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
And here is another item for our Wiki:

How to install Rosetta on linux:  Follow these instructions to install graphical BOINC:
http://boinc.berkeley.edu/wiki/Installing_BOINC_on_Ubuntu

On my Debian sanctuary, all I had to do was:
apt-get install boinc-manager boinc-client

Click Activites | Search | Boinc | Run Boinc
Add Rosetta - Use existing User

Done.  Now my linux sanctuary is computing cancer research and credits are going to biblepays single CPID!

NOTE:  The easy way to get started is launch the boinc manager, click Tools | Advanced View, click Projects, click Rosetta, and you will see the same familiar layout you see in windows - with a display of your RAC.  Once you become more advanced, you can run it in headless mode.

Whats nice about Rosetta is they have tons of options to manage your CPU use, so we can support massive amounts of tailored configuration for our miners now.  Including android phones.  And gamers machines.

• togoshigekata

• USA
    more
I read the Start Guide http://wiki.biblepay.org/Distributed_Computing_Start_Guide
and installed BOINC on Windows

it then popped up BOINC Manager saying "Choose a project"
Clicked Rosetta@home >>> "Communicating with Project" >>>
"Identify your account at Rosetta@home, Are you already running this Project? No, new user - Yes, existing user" >>>
No >>> Email address, password, confirm password >>> Next >>> "Communicating with Project" >>>
"Project added" >>> Finish >>> Opens web page "Finish account setup" >>> Nickname >>>
"Find a team"

Should I search for a team or click "Im not interested in joining a team"?

==========

Also, just a note for others, I forgot testnet has its own folder inside of ~/.biblepaycore called testnet3,
so when cleaning up my old testnet files I had to cd into ~/.biblepaycore/testnet3
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 07:58:20 PM by togoshigekata »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
I read the Start Guide http://wiki.biblepay.org/Distributed_Computing_Start_Guide
and installed BOINC on Windows

it then popped up BOINC Manager saying "Choose a project"
Clicked Rosetta@home >>> "Communicating with Project" >>>
"Identify your account at Rosetta@home, Are you already running this Project? No, new user - Yes, existing user" >>>
No >>> Email address, password, confirm password >>> Next >>> "Communicating with Project" >>>
"Project added" >>> Finish >>> Opens web page "Finish account setup" >>> Nickname >>>
"Find a team"

Should I search for a team or click "Im not interested in joining a team"?

==========

Also, just a note for others, I forgot testnet has its own folder inside of ./biblepaycore called testnet3,
so when cleaning up my old testnet files I had to cd into ./biblepaycore/testnet3

Great!  Your almost there.

On the team, you can click not interested in team and skip for now.

However, we might want to launch a campaign when we move to prod to *suggest* joing team Biblepay, just so that we as a team can move up the Global Statistics Ladder, and be a force to be reckoned with for Good, IE if our 12,000 researchers are on one team, we can then use that statistic for PR purposes, commercials etc.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 07:59:18 PM by Rob A. »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Great!  Your almost there.

On the team, you can click not interested in team and skip for now.

However, we might want to launch a campaign when we move to prod to *suggest* joing team Biblepay, just so that we as a team can move up the Global Statistics Ladder, and be a force to be reckoned with for Good, IE if our 12,000 researchers are on one team, we can then use that statistic for PR purposes, commercials etc.

Ok guys, you can now join team "Biblepay" if you wish.  (https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/team_display.php?teamid=15044)

Remember, being on our team is not required to be paid, as we want to target a PR campaign to invite every rosetta researcher in the world to join Biblepay, and they are not required to leave their team to join forces with us.

However, it is recommended to join the team so we can share our global progress & global statistics.

Charts are available for the team, and a leaderboard, etc.

EDIT:  If you are already a Rosetta researcher, you can log in here and edit your team:
https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/home.php

« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 08:05:51 PM by Rob A. »

• togoshigekata

• USA
    more
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 08:06:49 PM by togoshigekata »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more

• togoshigekata

• USA
    more
On my BOINC homepage: https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/home.php
I see in the "Computing and credit" section inside of "Cross-project statistics" there is "Cross-project ID"
Is that what I need?

I also noticed my BOINC Manager started doing stuff a little while ago on its own,
says Elapsed 00:16:22 and Remaining 05:04:03, Status: Running

So I have BOINC on Windows,
I have latest BiblePay installed on Linux remote machine (command line) running on tesnet on correct chain,
and now I have a BOINC account

So it looks like next step is to do this burn transaction thing with my CPID? and it looks like I need a GUI wallet for that?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 08:15:58 PM by togoshigekata »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
On my BOINC homepage: https://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/home.php
I see in the "Computing and credit" section inside of "Cross-project statistics" there is "Cross-project ID"
Is that what I need?

I also noticed my BOINC Manager started doing stuff a little while ago on its own,
says Elapsed 00:16:22 and Remaining 05:04:03, Status: Running

So I have BOINC on Windows,
I have latest BiblePay installed on Linux remote machine (command line) running on tesnet on correct chain,
and now I have a BOINC account

Sweet, so two things:
On windows boinc, click View | Advanced view.  Click on the Projects Tab.  View the Rosetta row.  Notice the value for "Avg Work Done".  That is your RAC.  You really have to wait for that to get above like 5 to see anything big in BBP.

But in the mean time, the other thing, on finding your CPID - in your Rosetta web account (the linked one you linked), search for : cross-project id in the stats section.  Thats your CPID - it will stick with you forever, even if you launch 1000 machines.  But you dont need to type it into biblepy.  But please paste it in notepad for this exercise.

In BBP, now you should go to the Distributed Computing page, and type in the rosetta user & password and click associate.

Then wait for 6 blocks for confirm to occur.  Then type 'exec getboincinfo'..  If everything worked, your CPID will match the one in notepad.

• T-Mike

• February 06, 2018, 06:12:58 PM
    more
Compiling the source code and installed BOINC. How do I obtain some tBBP for running a masternode?