Read 220904 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: BIBLEPAY - TESTNET THREAD - TESTING SANCTUARIES FOR GO LIVE AT CHRISTMAS
« Reply #75 on: October 15, 2017, 06:07:23 PM »
Yeah, I see the 5 votes in my cold sanctuary now.
Why is the pool not showing 5... Hmm, let me debug the pool.

Ok, not sure if I had a bug in there or not, because its working now, anyway, it looks like the system automtically created a budget for us now that a superblock is around the corner and the proposals are approved and fit within the superblock.

So now we all need to vote on the budget.

Please Right click on the unfunded proposal and click Copy Vote on Budget command to clipboard, then use it to vote from the masternode.

If it works, it will be funded at the height proposed in the proposal.

Im going to add a Budget object to the pool soon also, so we can see all 3 phases:  Proposal, Current Budget, and Funded Proposals.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #76 on: October 15, 2017, 06:16:37 PM »
you want to run masternode without windows support?  :o it wont be good idea ... price for MNode will be how much?

No masternodes exist anywhere for windows... they are always linux... (IE, POSE (Proof Of Service) is a linux thing in python).

However in the vein of this idea, West and I have been discussing the *potential* of a higher priced sanctuary (like 10 million BBP) that would do More than a regular sanctuary and *may* end up running on windows.  The idea here is this supersanctuary might do something like run biblepaycentral in a decentralized manner.  Those nodes would get 10* the financial reward (which is the same as the smaller nodes) but would be required to run IIS and windows server, and would run a web site for us.  (I think I want to be one).  So when we work on that, I will port watchman on the wall to c# so it all works, but this is a long term project, not something going to go live by Christmas.

EDIT:
The proposed price is "approx" 1 million BBP (Im shooting for roughly a $1000 USD cost for a node around Christmas).  If we have a super sanctuary it would be 10 million BBP and financial reward 10* the amount.  I am currently checking out the ability for voting rights with that setup.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 06:21:34 PM by admin »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2017, 06:31:10 PM »
Looks like we didnt vote in time on the budget for it to make the superblock.

In Prod this wont be a problem since it is once a month.  In testnet its every 25 blocks.  What Ill do is modify the pool to add 25 blocks to the future superblock height to give us more time.

Now we have to wait for N+4 (4 blocks past the next superblock) for the pool to create a new budget to be voted on.  Lets wait until the height dissappears (from the unfunded row).

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2017, 07:26:57 PM »
Ok pool has create a budget, go ahead and vote on the budget by right clicking the proposal and left click Copy vote for budget command to clipboard;execute in sanctuary.

In the future we will have a separate list for budgets.

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2017, 01:00:02 AM »
I think all the masternodes went down?
My controller and sanctuary wallets are on different blocks now >.>

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2017, 02:10:38 AM »
I think all the masternodes went down?
My controller and sanctuary wallets are on different blocks now >.>

I guess so. Mine seems to be down also...

Also, when I click 'Copy vote for budget' a 'copied to clipboard' window pops up, but it just says 'Unable to locate Budget.'

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2017, 07:32:39 AM »
I guess so. Mine seems to be down also...

Also, when I click 'Copy vote for budget' a 'copied to clipboard' window pops up, but it just says 'Unable to locate Budget.'

1) What gobjectid are you right clicking on so I can reproduce? (Just first 5 characters is fine).  Dont use the fake ones #1-5, I created those just for the chart im writing.  Still need two people to create the good one and fake one.

2) Regarding going down, I dont think we actually went down, I think either some masternodes banned each other or maybe watchdog isnt working on those nodes.  First, please each individual sanctuary, test your watchdog to see if its working by doing the select * from votes, just to ensure watchman is actually working. 

Next, delete your banlist.dat file.

I am looking at my masternodes and Im still synced and dont have anyone banned.  So Im really wondering whats wrong, I dont see a problem where we are banning each other.  Im leaning towards the masternodes exceeded the threshhold when told "restart required" and never restarted.

Right now I see 3 enabled - lets see if we are all on the same fork?

getblockhash 13680:
c3ce1181965b9652866a35a585dccdfdb047a8b20dc694fc2958ff51d55ec189

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2017, 09:58:01 AM »
1) What gobjectid are you right clicking on so I can reproduce? (Just first 5 characters is fine).  Dont use the fake ones #1-5, I created those just for the chart im writing.  Still need two people to create the good one and fake one.

2) Regarding going down, I dont think we actually went down, I think either some masternodes banned each other or maybe watchdog isnt working on those nodes.  First, please each individual sanctuary, test your watchdog to see if its working by doing the select * from votes, just to ensure watchman is actually working. 

Next, delete your banlist.dat file.

I am looking at my masternodes and Im still synced and dont have anyone banned.  So Im really wondering whats wrong, I dont see a problem where we are banning each other.  Im leaning towards the masternodes exceeded the threshhold when told "restart required" and never restarted.

Right now I see 3 enabled - lets see if we are all on the same fork?

getblockhash 13680:
c3ce1181965b9652866a35a585dccdfdb047a8b20dc694fc2958ff51d55ec189

About 1: I clicked the fake ones, because they were the only ones that showed options when right-clicking them. The one with the proposal just shows a thin blank box. I'm using chrome btw, and didn't test with another browser.
I would try to create the good and bad proposal, but I'm still struggling with the basics as of now.

About 2: It just seems a coïncedence. My wallet crashed last night, maybe because I was testing to mine and simultaneously be a masternode. All seems fine now. Sadly I can't getblockhash right now, since I don't have access to that computer right now.

Could you maybe explain in more detail what you mean with "select * from votes"? You also told me something similar some time ago, but I don't exactly understand what I should do. I do still get sanctuary payments, so I'm guessing watchman is running, but I don't know how to test it...

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2017, 12:06:56 PM »
About 1: I clicked the fake ones, because they were the only ones that showed options when right-clicking them. The one with the proposal just shows a thin blank box. I'm using chrome btw, and didn't test with another browser.
I would try to create the good and bad proposal, but I'm still struggling with the basics as of now.

About 2: It just seems a coïncedence. My wallet crashed last night, maybe because I was testing to mine and simultaneously be a masternode. All seems fine now. Sadly I can't getblockhash right now, since I don't have access to that computer right now.

Could you maybe explain in more detail what you mean with "select * from votes"? You also told me something similar some time ago, but I don't exactly understand what I should do. I do still get sanctuary payments, so I'm guessing watchman is running, but I don't know how to test it...
Yeah, the proposals in testnet are not in a state that I expected, I had to recreate the data a couple times today to get the chart working, but starting now, I just recreated the Orphan proposal (the only non-voted non-fake proposal in the list).  Its waiting for the pool to submit it to the network.  Once you see Submitted DateTime set, go ahead vote on it everyone.

On the checking on the watchman, just type:
sqlite3 Watchman
.table
select * from votes;

See if anything is in there, if there is, its definitely working as you cannot receive 1 record if it is not working.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2017, 12:09:02 PM »
I just added Budgets to the pool; now we have Proposals, Budgets and Funded Proposals.

Ill explain budgets once we get a few things in the budget, right now, just vote on the Orphan proposal once it has a "SubmittedDateTime" populated.

Also, still need someone to create a tacky proposal and a good proposal for us to vote on - I want these to be done on machines other than mine so I can simulate the autonomous sanctuary network.

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2017, 04:27:10 PM »
I just added Budgets to the pool; now we have Proposals, Budgets and Funded Proposals.

Ill explain budgets once we get a few things in the budget, right now, just vote on the Orphan proposal once it has a "SubmittedDateTime" populated.

Also, still need someone to create a tacky proposal and a good proposal for us to vote on - I want these to be done on machines other than mine so I can simulate the autonomous sanctuary network.

I voted on the Orphan proposal, and as far as I can tell it went fine:

Code: [Select]
{
  "overall": "Voted successfully 1 time(s) and failed 0 time(s).",
  "detail": {
    "MN1": {
      "result": "success"
    }
  }
}

I tried to create a 'tacky proposal'. I set it up on the pool side, but I don't know what step to take next. Do I have to do anything with my masternode?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2017, 04:28:40 PM »
I voted on the Orphan proposal, and as far as I can tell it went fine:

{
  "overall": "Voted successfully 1 time(s) and failed 0 time(s).",
      "result": "success"
    }
  }
}

I tried to create a 'tacky proposal'. I set it up on the pool side, but I don't know what step to take next. Do I have to do anything with my masternode?

Hi bud,

Great, on the vote!  So on tacky, I dont know if you can create topics on this forum, can you just try and we can learn together? Try to create a forum topic and put a blurb in there about how you are spending the money and make it tacky.  Then use that as the URL for the new proposal.

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2017, 04:47:34 PM »
Hi bud,

Great, on the vote!  So on tacky, I dont know if you can create topics on this forum, can you just try and we can learn together? Try to create a forum topic and put a blurb in there about how you are spending the money and make it tacky.  Then use that as the URL for the new proposal.

I already did that, haha! I can create topics :)

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2017, 05:29:32 PM »
I already did that, haha! I can create topics :)

Ok, cool, I added a post to the topic and I see the "buy heroin" proposal in the list - LOL.  Yeah, the reason you cant vote No on it yet is the pool has not created a gobject for it yet.  The underlying cause, I think, is each masternode can only create one proposal per superblock cycle. 

I have some company coming over so I dont think I can look now, but in the night, if you see a Submitted=1 and submitteddatetime, then you can vote no on it.

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2017, 06:56:19 PM »
Ok, cool, I added a post to the topic and I see the "buy heroin" proposal in the list - LOL.  Yeah, the reason you cant vote No on it yet is the pool has not created a gobject for it yet.  The underlying cause, I think, is each masternode can only create one proposal per superblock cycle. 

I have some company coming over so I dont think I can look now, but in the night, if you see a Submitted=1 and submitteddatetime, then you can vote no on it.

You're right, the pool created a gobject and I tried to vote 'no'. Sadly, I got this:

{
  "overall": "Voted successfully 0 time(s) and failed 1 time(s).",
      "result": "failed",
      "errorMessage": "GOVERNANCE_EXCEPTION_WARNING:CGovernanceManager::ProcessVote -- Unknown parent object , MN outpoint = fd5cb3ef632fb25a40665d1b4da0c1cd992c4f3d99ef38ce1ddf725ecfe53836-0, governance object hash = d418d2c8860147caa5ce3d62576a804384e830d67b8adf465d8f0b7ae87609f0\n"
    }
  }
}