Bible Pay

Read 4745 times

Closing the gap for BLOOM recurring expenses 2
« on: October 20, 2018, 09:45:02 AM »
Hi all,

Two months ago I requested 2,097,239 BBP (to total $3192) to cover Aug-Oct sponsorship expenses for 14 kids in Uganda and Sierra Leone (food, private education, rescue missions for kids in abusive foster homes, and medical expenses). However, with the price drop we first received only the equivalent of $1221, so we were left with a gap of $1971.

I did a closing the gap funding request last month, which gave us $1265 more, leaving us with a gap of $706.

I'd like to humbly request part of the remaining budget this month at 1.27 million BBP to finally close this gap. I will start requesting monthly starting in November in order to make it easier on the budget. 

We will not add any more children to the sponsorship to ensure the current children are able to continue receiving their food and education expenses covered. Please remember the children in Uganda were rescued from abusive homes, including those who practice voodoo and witchcraft. I really don't want to have to pull them out of the Christian boarding school due to lack of funds.

I'd also like to point out I've been volunteering my time on PR (as I see the budget is over full) totaling over 6 hours in the past 2 months in hopes that we can leave as much charity budget available as possible, as well as hopefully increase BBP's viability.

Thank you so much for your prayerful consideration.

April
ED- BLOOM

• klondike

• October 10, 2017, 09:00:24 AM
    more
Re: Closing the gap for BLOOM recurring expenses 2
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 11:51:55 AM »
where is your mention about BBP on your webs?    very weird practices

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 07:13:48 PM »
Sorry, can you clarify your question please? We typically do not name donors on our website, unless specifically requested. We have mentioned Bible Pay on our social media and newsletter along with other donors in the past.

Also, can you clarify what you mean by "Very weird practices" so we can address your concern?

Thank you,
April

• klondike

• October 10, 2017, 09:00:24 AM
    more
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 11:47:37 PM »
your contraproductivity is on zero ..... very sad .... do PR about BBP on your web and you will see .... more ppl dont trust that BBP going to charity

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 08:25:56 AM »
Hi there- I'm not sure what you mean by "contraproductivity." It's not our policy to list donors on the website, unless they specifically request this, but as I mentioned, we do share on social media and in our newsletters about our donors, when they request it. The BBP community is welcome to comment here to request this. Perhaps you were confused about my comment on volunteering to do PR. What I meant by this is, apart from BLOOM, I have personally volunteered with our PR team to research reporters and help write pitches for them to help get BBP some media attention. It is a work in progress, but my time doing this for now, is at no cost to BBP's PR budget.

As for proof of our BBP expenditures on charity, I do not think that PR proves that. Rather, my impact reports can clarify this for anyone concerned. We are due for another impact report soon, as we do them quarterly for donors (or as soon as we get updates from our teams abroad).

https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=222.0
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=221.0
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=218.0

Thank you for your thoughts.
April

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2018, 11:13:44 PM »
Business objects in production

Compassion.com & Kairos right click navigate to works great.

For some reason, BLOOM right click navigate to doesn't do anything.

If I type the Bloom URL manually in Chrome 69, it displays okay. Using Windows 10 Pro, Chrome 69, BiblePay 1.1.5.9

BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ