Bible Pay

Read 216579 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: TestNet - BiblePay-Evolution & GSCs (Generic Smart Contracts)
« Reply #390 on: May 05, 2019, 12:13:33 PM »
Setup another wallet, Upgraded both my wallets to v1.4.2.7

getblockhash 63152
48394253*

I still have an old hot masternode (1 wallet), setting up cold masternode now (2 wallets)
Reference: http://wiki.biblepay.org/Create_Sanctuary_2

I agree with you.  Ill stick it out for a while and keep the chain, lets see how we do.

(I'll still put these 3 new features in however, for the next mandatory).

• vuli

• June 02, 2018, 02:28:10 PM
    more
« Reply #391 on: May 05, 2019, 12:24:35 PM »
I've been having a hard time resyncing every time we have a mandatory upgrade.  I know part of the problem is when we force a new protocol version, it knocks all the sancs offline.  (I have an old biblepay classic feature I am going to port that prevents that, allowing us to sync easier but still forces us to upgrade), so I will need to put this in today.

Two other things, I have realized one of the reasons we have trouble syncing when the diff is < .02 is because the wallet is having a hard time figuring out which fork is valid (in its diff calculator).  I believe we will need a couple consensus rules added.  For one, we should only add and enforce ABNs when the diff is > 1.0 in testnet (and a higher number in prod).  I think this would help us immensely (coming to consensus).  The other is the same with anti-gpu.  We shouldnt really be monitoring or enforcing that if the diff < 1.0.
what about checkpoints? I saw in some wallets using checkpoints for easier sync or what.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #392 on: May 05, 2019, 12:28:13 PM »
what about checkpoints? I saw in some wallets using checkpoints for easier sync or what.

A checkpoint will help the wallet get on the right chain after one particular block in history at a certain mandatory height that passed.

But what I wrote explains a things in a lot greater detail than a checkpoint.

We do use checkpoints in our wallet (we have about 10 in classic etc), I added one to testnet but I havent been adding them because they dont address the problem fully, but Ill add one during the next mandatory.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 12:36:10 PM by Rob Andrews »

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
« Reply #393 on: May 05, 2019, 01:07:31 PM »
I was able to set up a cold masternode successfully,
and was able to upgrade to a dip3 masternode successfully!

Masternode IP: 149.248.35.69

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #394 on: May 05, 2019, 01:54:48 PM »
I was able to set up a cold masternode successfully,
and was able to upgrade to a dip3 masternode successfully!

Masternode IP: 149.248.35.69
Thats great!

Hey everyone I want to mention something important.

Before we enable dip15 (deterministic masternodes), we need to copy our 'masternodeblsprivkey' to our cold sanctuary biblepay.conf file (just like we usually copy the masternodeprivkey over there).

This is not used until we flip dip15.  As I believe the moment we flip dip15 the sancs will rely on this privkey to sign all the messages (and thats likely why we had hundreds of failed votes yesterday once I flipped it for a couple mins). 

So either way its mandatory that we copy the key to the sanc before dip15, so lets make that part of the upgrade to deterministic process.

I also forgot to mention this is the main reason I added the deterministicsanctuary.conf file - so you can open it back up and get the value out of it (or write a script to copy the value to the sanc).

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #395 on: May 05, 2019, 01:58:21 PM »
Btw, although we had a rug yank, I think Watchman worked correctly:
getrawtransaction f04a7c58940972fb4784033e926f07b90d9647a9d0ad9ee5904efff0e4ec5f92 1

If I remember right, the 1 mil proposal was either voted down or had the least votes.

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
« Reply #396 on: May 05, 2019, 02:00:49 PM »
I agree with you.  Ill stick it out for a while and keep the chain, lets see how we do.

(I'll still put these 3 new features in however, for the next mandatory).

I was on a different chain with both my wallets. I'm reindexing now...

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #397 on: May 05, 2019, 02:11:46 PM »
Since we all appear to be on the correct chain now, let's ask everyone to upgrade to deterministic sancs by tomorrow - and Ill flip to dip15 tomorrow.

Remember to add your blsprivkey to your sanc.

This way we can see as of tomorrow afternoon if things are going to work.

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
« Reply #398 on: May 05, 2019, 02:31:14 PM »
Before we enable dip15 (deterministic masternodes), we need to copy our 'masternodeblsprivkey' to our cold sanctuary biblepay.conf file (just like we usually copy the masternodeprivkey over there).

For cold masternode setup, we will need to:
1. Local/Controller Wallet:
replace the masternodeprivkey value in masternode.conf with masternodeblsprivkey?

do we need to also:
2. Remote/Masternode Wallet:
A. replace the masternodeprivkey value in biblepay.conf with masternodeblsprivkey?
B. or add new line masternodeblsprivkey=?

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #399 on: May 05, 2019, 02:53:17 PM »
Thats great!

Hey everyone I want to mention something important.

This is not used until we flip dip15.  As I believe the moment we flip dip15 the sancs will rely on this privkey to sign all the messages (and thats likely why we had hundreds of failed votes yesterday once I flipped it for a couple mins). 

So either way its mandatory that we copy the key to the sanc before dip15, so lets make that part of the upgrade to deterministic process.

I also forgot to mention this is the main reason I added the deterministicsanctuary.conf file - so you can open it back up and get the value out of it (or write a script to copy the value to the sanc).

I already put the 'masternodeblsprivkey' in the biblepay.conf when I set-up my Sanctuary. I'm don't remember it exactly, but I think there was something in the set-up notes about it (maybe in Togo's) and I think that my (legacy) Sanctuary didn't even want to start when I didn't have it in there?

Anyway, I'm om the right chain, my Sanctuary is in DIP3, so I'm ready to roll  8)

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #400 on: May 05, 2019, 02:55:58 PM »
For cold masternode setup, we will need to:
1. Local/Controller Wallet:
replace the masternodeprivkey value in masternode.conf with masternodeblsprivkey?

do we need to also:
2. Remote/Masternode Wallet:
A. replace the masternodeprivkey value in biblepay.conf with masternodeblsprivkey?
B. or add new line masternodeblsprivkey=?

Since deterministic sancs only support cold sancs, you do not need to do #1 (otherwise the controller could only support one sanc which wouldnt be too nifty).

We need to add the masternodeblsprivkey to the Sanctuary side.
The masternodeprivkey is still needed until after the cutover, so we can leave those in there until reason comes to start fresh.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #401 on: May 05, 2019, 02:57:35 PM »
I already put the 'masternodeblsprivkey' in the biblepay.conf when I set-up my Sanctuary. I'm don't remember it exactly, but I think there was something in the set-up notes about it (maybe in Togo's) and I think that my (legacy) Sanctuary didn't even want to start when I didn't have it in there?

Anyway, I'm om the right chain, my Sanctuary is in DIP3, so I'm ready to roll  8)

Dash's notes have the instructions to do it, but those notes are very complicated (to create a deterministic sanc from scratch).
Yes, the sanc throws a warning right now if the masternodeblsprivkey is missing, but it still starts. (Using the masternodeprivkey).

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #402 on: May 05, 2019, 03:06:38 PM »
Ok, I just made my 3 deterministic and set up the masternodeblsprivkey on the remote sancs, and rebooted them.
So it looks like we have:
Rob, Rob, Rob,
Togo,
Jaap

Upgraded.
Anyone else need to upgrade?

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #403 on: May 05, 2019, 03:08:49 PM »
Dash's notes have the instructions to do it, but those notes are very complicated (to create a deterministic sanc from scratch).
Yes, the sanc throws a warning right now if the masternodeblsprivkey is missing, but it still starts. (Using the masternodeprivkey).

Ah, right! I probably got the warning and then proceeded to google the Dash notes.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #404 on: May 06, 2019, 08:32:41 AM »
It looks like we made it through the night with no issues (and no spam).  We have a .50~ diff and 5 enabled sancs (all deterministic).

Today I will flip dip15 and see if we wreak havoc or if we continue smoothly.