Bible Pay

Read 303465 times

• Radar_Dude7

• April 16, 2020, 08:52:42 AM
    more
Rob,
I played with the config.json file creator online until I got a config that worked. I am now mining and I see that my hashrate dropped. Understood, that is what I was getting when I was mining straight XMR. I should see some BBP come into my wallet in a few hours then?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Rob,
I played with the config.json file creator online until I got a config that worked. I am now mining and I see that my hashrate dropped. Understood, that is what I was getting when I was mining straight XMR. I should see some BBP come into my wallet in a few hours then?

Its interesting because I see we do have these keys (--username and --password) listed in two places on the GettingStarted page.
(This is probably what Dave was talking about yesterday - sorry for the confusion; anyway this is now updated in both places in foundation.biblepay.org) and Ill mention this to Song (who owns bbp.miningpool.fun).

As long as you see some solved shares in the leaderboard, on both BBP and XMR, then yes your payment will register in the Block History page (as soon as the pool solves that block).  Then payments follow once every 4 hours.

But just to clarify everyone, you can still use the command line.  This exercise was to ensure both the command line or the conf file will work.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
** Merge Mining difficulty update **

We had a quirk on the pool side where our solutions were not always being submitted to biblepay properly across threads.
(This fortunately was completely random, so no one benefitted from this). 
This is what has been keeping our difficulty exceptionally low.

The problem has been fixed.

We will upgrade the pools now.

• Kroket

• April 10, 2020, 02:55:07 AM
    more
** Merge Mining difficulty update **

We had a quirk on the pool side where our solutions were not always being submitted to biblepay properly across threads.
(This fortunately was completely random, so no one benefitted from this). 
This is what has been keeping our difficulty exceptionally low.

The problem has been fixed.

We will upgrade the pools now.

Hey!

when do you think the mining issue is fixed? I am still not be able to get shares, and i also see the username / password has been switched so i changed that in my config also. However, the mining part still not work.

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

• August 02, 2018, 03:22:01 AM
    more
Have finally upgraded all my miners to latest xmrig...  Looks like it works really good.   Thanks for your time and effort Rob!

Hence we use official xmrig miner now, is it possible to have a backup pool ?  Like this for example in the config.json:

Code: [Select]
"pools": [
        {
            "url": "foundation.biblepay.org:3001",
            "user": "your_monero_adress",
            "pass": "your_biblepay_adress",
            "keepalive": true,
            "nicehash": false
        },
        {
            "url": "bbp.miningpool.fun:3001",
Joshua 1:9
Have i not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid;
do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God
will be with you wherever you go.

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

more
Hey!

when do you think the mining issue is fixed? I am still not be able to get shares, and i also see the username / password has been switched so i changed that in my config also. However, the mining part still not work.

You can come to discord and we can try to help you with the configuration.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Have finally upgraded all my miners to latest xmrig...  Looks like it works really good.   Thanks for your time and effort Rob!

Hence we use official xmrig miner now, is it possible to have a backup pool ?  Like this for example in the config.json:

Code: [Select]
"pools": [
        {
            "url": "foundation.biblepay.org:3001",
        },
        {
            "url": "bbp.miningpool.fun:3001",

Thats great Earlz! 

Yes, you should now be able to use all the features of Xmrig that were broken before - including the xmrig proxy and the json conf files and backup pools list.

I see our diff has increased to 2.1, so that is good news also.

• Costa82

• April 23, 2020, 09:10:05 PM
    more
Good morning everyone. Oops there seems to be another version of the wallet availiable, is the upgrade manadatory ?. I wonder if this is the reason why BBP payments  dont reach me since we moved to the new miner.
My address appears on the leaderboard BRjjPsFm818gPkWibTBrDaXnYzre1yFs89 and the monero mining seems to work just perfectly.

any insight about the lack of BBP payments? Thank you

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Good morning everyone. Oops there seems to be another version of the wallet availiable, is the upgrade manadatory ?. I wonder if this is the reason why BBP payments  dont reach me since we moved to the new miner.
My address appears on the leaderboard BRjjPsFm818gPkWibTBrDaXnYzre1yFs89 and the monero mining seems to work just perfectly.

any insight about the lack of BBP payments? Thank you
Good morning Costa!

So looking in block history and typing a few chars of the Brjj address, I see the last txid sent out was:
7c0915131420f3f1abaf6732ab1095c2962b9e4764a2abb969eaf0076902a565
(which looks fine)
You can see if its in your chain by typing 'getrawtransaction txid 1' in the console, and I see its on the main chain.

The biggie I have for you is if you go into tools | info are you running 1.5.1.4 yet? 

https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/releases

If not please upgrade - and please ensure your hash matches this one on chainz:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/bbp/

Good luck-

PS The mandatory cutover height was 199,000.

• Costa82

• April 23, 2020, 09:10:05 PM
    more
Good morning Rob. seems i am too lazy to do all the upgrades. :D
I m alreay running the necessary updates. Thanks for rewieing my stats

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Good morning Rob. seems i am too lazy to do all the upgrades. :D
I m alreay running the necessary updates. Thanks for rewieing my stats
No problem -- and just FYI for anyone who hasn't followed our history:

We generally try to have a mandatory upgrade at the beginning of each quarter (IE Jan, March, June, September and December), as long as we have new features waiting for the core wallet.  (This keeps the exchanges relatively happy).

The features that usually come up are upstream changes from bitcoin or dash, and usually some project that we are working on that we believe will propel us to the top 100 coins list.

Now for example, I'm working with MIP on faster offchain transactions (something similar to Bitcoin Lightning), and we are working on a sidechain that will allow us to store documents for the public (IE public users host non-censored documents on the web through biblepay). 

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Also, I want to confirm what the mined block amounts should be and what the sanctuary reward should be now after the mandatory. If I'm reading the values right, mined reward went up ~500 BBP and sanctuary reward dropped ~500 BBP? I thought mining reward would move up closer to sanctuary reward and sanctuary reward would stay the same.

Yes you are correct that the intent was to raise the RX heat mined reward up only (and leave sanc rewards the way they were); and that's what I aimed for in this last release however due to a bug in one of our prior releases this is why the sanc rewards ended up going down slightly.

The percentages listed here in "Technical Details" are actually correct now:
https://www.biblepay.org/

I verified them when updating the DWS, deflation rate, and split between sanc and RX reward subsidy.
The error that I found in the code was the sanctuary was receiving 2.5% more than the blockchain allows for, so to make our emissions square at 100% I had to put this figure back to 30.0% to make everything match at 100% (it would not have made sense for me to lower other things to pay for it etc).

So now it is what it is - if the sancs get unhappy they can always enter a vote for a 'tweak' in the future at the expense of another project ; but imho Im pretty happy with the percentages myself and I feel over the next year with our deflation rate temporary increase for dws and our exec masterclock command we will also be able to snap back to our original emission grid at the same time and make everyone happy.

(Not to say everyone will be happy because thats impossible in this business lol).

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

more
I created first draft of a RandomX mining guide
https://wiki.biblepay.org/RandomX_Setup

Any and all feedback welcome!

=

The guide looks fine to me. Nice work Togo! 

Suppose you could add the more technical stuff for RandomX   cpu threads, like how much cache is needed per mining thread for optimal performance, then people could do some basic calculations themselfs for their cpu.

https://github.com/tevador/RandomX 

There some more  information.

Also could add in  monerobenchmark  website with alot of diffrent configurations and cpus. https://monerobenchmarks.info/

Anyways just some ideas that i had.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
If anyone is interested in sponsoring a subsidized orphan, please see this page:

http://foundation.biblepay.org/SponsorOrphanList

Over the next two weeks I will be adding a few more records and experimenting with increasing match levels.

Im also thinking of adding small, medium and large records to accommodate home user, business and billionaire.

I would like to for example offer a block of 1000 orphans for a billionaire for example.  If for example, we have a billionaire out there who would like to sponsor 1000 from compassion.com, Im willing to set up a BBP match so the person will receive a rebate of say 10million BBP per month, etc, in exchange for the sponsorship.

If anyone knows a person ready to sponsor please send them our way.  And if you are looking to sponsor a child that is in the collage for a discount let me know and Ill consider increasing the match for you.

Reminder:  I still need help with this project in finding deep discount wholesale orphans:
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=517.msg7679#msg7679

« Last Edit: June 06, 2020, 01:22:06 PM by Rob Andrews »

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
The guide looks fine to me. Nice work Togo! 

Suppose you could add the more technical stuff for RandomX   cpu threads, like how much cache is needed per mining thread for optimal performance, then people could do some basic calculations themselfs for their cpu.

https://github.com/tevador/RandomX 

There some more  information.

Also could add in  monerobenchmark  website with alot of diffrent configurations and cpus. https://monerobenchmarks.info/

Anyways just some ideas that i had.

Thanks Earlz! Great feedback!

Maybe Rob could add you as editor to the Wiki? If youre interested
Ive seen your name on the forum a lot the past half year and I believe youve helped out in Testnet :)

=

https://wiki.biblepay.org/RandomX_Setup

I just added the benchmark link and the github link

and this is correct on the RAM?
"RandomX uses up 256Meg of memory per mining thread"?, Thanks!