Bible Pay

Read 303802 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)
« Reply #765 on: February 13, 2021, 12:23:01 PM »
"Compound interest is the most powerful force in the universe." --Albert Einstein

I'm mulling over adding this to our press release for UTXO staking.

I suppose we do need to appeal to the world.

5400 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: BiblePay | 10% to Orphan-Charity | RANDOMX MINING | Sanctuaries (Masternodes)
« Reply #766 on: February 14, 2021, 12:57:06 PM »
** Orphan Collage Bios updated for Kairos **

1) I asked our vendors Cameroon-one, Kairos and SAI to ensure that all bio pictures are showing and the bios are clickable, to help ensure our integrity is preserved.
Every one of our childrens bios are clickable and viewable here:
http://foundation.biblepay.org/Viewer?target=collage
Note that I continued to pay for any children that were in arrears in our collage.  All payments are up to date and our children do not experience lapses.
Nor have we ever.  Our child portfolio has simply shrunk from 300 to 90 over time but children have not randomly been left out.

2) Kairos recently updated the bios on our sponsored children.  You can view the latest bio by clicking into the bio.

3) SAI has to conform to local Venezuelan law where they do not allow a single child in a picture (due to trafficking laws) - that is why three children appear per pic in the SAI bios.

5400 BBP
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 12:59:00 PM by Rob Andrews »

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
« Reply #767 on: February 14, 2021, 08:33:22 PM »
So where would BiblePay fit in.  We could theoretically generate a pin for each CPK per day, and when that pin is used, if a block is mined with the PIN and URL in it, the user receives a reward (maximum one per day per cpk per pin-day for example).  So the sancs would scan the URL, and if it is an acceptable forum, and the pin exists in a post, the reward is flagged.  Then we need other sancs to upvote the comment to know if it was a positive thing or a negative thing.  (IE if a personal is an actual troll we dont want to reward them for that).

Its a cool idea to spread positivity on the Internet. If we are to spread the message of Jesus Christ though, good will gestures is not enough. People need to understand the motivation behind the kind acts. But if that's not motivation, it works. What do you think of sentiment analysis? https://monkeylearn.com/sentiment-analysis-online/ - I'm sure it could be gamed, it could potentially be a way to reward in an automated way...

Rob, I appreciate you coming up with new ideas. It is clear your passion for this project is sincere and BiblePay is constantly on your mind.

3000 BBP
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #768 on: February 16, 2021, 10:50:53 AM »
Its a cool idea to spread positivity on the Internet. If we are to spread the message of Jesus Christ though, good will gestures is not enough. People need to understand the motivation behind the kind acts. But if that's not motivation, it works. What do you think of sentiment analysis? https://monkeylearn.com/sentiment-analysis-online/ - I'm sure it could be gamed, it could potentially be a way to reward in an automated way...

Rob, I appreciate you coming up with new ideas. It is clear your passion for this project is sincere and BiblePay is constantly on your mind.

3000 BBP

Thats a really cool API Sun.  For the most part it seems to work pretty good too.  Its interesting that theoretically this type of reward could be automated including sentiment. 

I was able to trick it into an 89% false positive with 'Your exquisitely good and pleasurable and funny and kind to deal with in your great wisdom and character, especially in finding out the worst in people as you are my backhanded friend who is actually a Judas like deceiver!', but for the most part I think it does a pretty good job.  Its a little pricey though.

Cool find!

5500 BBP

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

more
« Reply #769 on: February 17, 2021, 09:00:31 AM »
Thats a really cool API Sun.  For the most part it seems to work pretty good too.  Its interesting that theoretically this type of reward could be automated including sentiment. 

I was able to trick it into an 89% false positive with 'Your exquisitely good and pleasurable and funny and kind to deal with in your great wisdom and character, especially in finding out the worst in people as you are my backhanded friend who is actually a Judas like deceiver!', but for the most part I think it does a pretty good job.  Its a little pricey though.

Cool find!

5500 BBP

Yeah, it is pricey. I like your idea though Rob. People upvoting or downvoting would keep them involved... and it wouldn't be an unmanageable scale initially, but something to consider if BBP reaches top 100 at some point! ;)

3100 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #770 on: February 20, 2021, 06:50:03 AM »
BiblePay - Mandatory Upgrade - For Entire Network
1.5.4.4 - Height 255,000

Press Release:
https://foundation.biblepay.org/Press/PressRelease1544.htm

Release:
https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/releases/tag/1.5.4.4

More information:
https://wiki.biblepay.org/Mandatory_Upgrade_1545

Changelog:
https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/blob/master/changelog.md

Most of the documentation for UTXO staking, BBP University and POP3 can be found in the referenced documents in this wiki page:
Announcement: https://wiki.biblepay.org/Mandatory_Upgrade_1545
UTXO:  https://wiki.biblepay.org/UTXO_Mining
DAC: https://wiki.biblepay.org/Decentralized_Autonomous_Charity
POP3: https://wiki.biblepay.org/Decentralized_Email

UTXO How-to-video:
http://foundation.biblepay.org/Press/How_To_Stake_With_BiblePay.mp4

Explain Important Changes to the BiblePay Network at height 255,000:

- DWS will temporarily stay enabled for existing payments only (but will be disabled for new stakes) until all old stakes are paid.  This is so we can promote UTXO mining instead.
- UTXO mining replaces DWS.  With UTXO mining you can be rewarded the coinbase mining block reward when you add a new UTXO stake, and, additionally you can receive a perpetual reward in the UTXO leaderboard (daily).
- DashStake will be disabled, but, you may re-stake the dash stakes as UTXO stakes.
- The wallet will support more crypto-currency pairs for UTXO mining!  At the cutover height you can stake BBP, or BBP+Dash, BBP+DOGE, BBP+LTC or BBP+BTC.  Once successful, we plan on voting more pairs in!
- UTXO mining appeals to 17 million Dash addresses, and 450 million unique Bitcoin addresses, giving us a large potential new user base!
- RandomX merge mining is still fully implemented for block security.  Since we are merge mined, no one can come in and "buy" BBP with hashpower.
- For all the blocks that are Not new UTXO transactions, our RX miners still get the subsidy!  The UTXO subsidy only goes to new staked UTXOs as a reward to bring popularity to our network from other (foreign UTXOs) - IE newbies.
- When you stake BBP only, you receive approx. half the reward.  When you stake BBP+any foreign currency, you receive up to double the reward.  The reward is based on the lower of the two values * 2.  For example, if you stake $200 of BBP combined with $150 of Dash, your UTXO is valued at $150 * 2 = $300.   If you stake $200 of BBP alone, the UTXO is valued at $200.  If you stake $150 of BBP + $200 of bitcoin, the stake is valued at $150 * 2 = $300.00.
- PODC is being phased out over 60 days.  During the first month, PODC rewards are halved.  Then during the second month they are reduced to 0 while UTXO rewards are ramped up to 99% of the daily GSC contract.  Healing is still available at 1%.

If you encounter any questions, please feel free to ask so we can add to the documentation.

5500 BBP
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 03:08:17 PM by Rob Andrews »

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

more
« Reply #771 on: February 20, 2021, 11:29:48 AM »

Cool find!

5500 BBP

I was also thinking of verse of the day. Since we have verses in every block... maybe there will be a way to upvote best verses for the day? Voting within the QT wallet could give points from a small pool daily. Maybe comments to verses would be voted on as well? It would encourage people to read verses daily, comment on it... BBP will be paid, but it also encourages Bible reading which may help people learn more about the Gospel.

3100 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #772 on: February 22, 2021, 09:20:12 AM »

I was also thinking of verse of the day. Since we have verses in every block... maybe there will be a way to upvote best verses for the day? Voting within the QT wallet could give points from a small pool daily. Maybe comments to verses would be voted on as well? It would encourage people to read verses daily, comment on it... BBP will be paid, but it also encourages Bible reading which may help people learn more about the Gospel.

3100 BBP
Verse of the day would be cool.  (On a technical side note, if we were to make a comments section, we could write a comments 'widget' in QT that could be used for any object type and that sounds pretty useful for many things, so lets keep that on a side note).

Afa the actual verse of the day what would you suggest would trigger the initial seed verse, or seed list of verses?  IE how would the wallet pick an initial verse out of the 36,000?

(One possible idea is to build out our 'scripture memorizer' tool a little more - there are currently about 35 verses in there taken from 'best bible verses for Christians' - we could add more and then pick one from there each day for example, based on a deterministic block hash for example).

As far as voting, have you seen the vote-by-coin-age feature in the right click of the sanctuary vote for the public?  And do you think this type of voting for a verse would be better done by a single CPK vote?

5600 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #773 on: February 22, 2021, 09:35:28 AM »
For those who have upgraded, I just upgraded my main home machine and made it my biblepay inbox.

Could someone send me a biblepay core email please?

My e-mail address is :  [email protected]
You must send it from the BiblePay-QT client (and you must have a user record saved).  (Please see the mandatory upgrade pop3/smtp wiki page to set it up).  I found a quirk that we need to fix.  So let me explain how to get started in BBP-Tribulation:

1) Create your user record by navigating to "User Record". You really only need to save your nickname, and be sure to check the box that says 'allow bbp to charge me e-mail fees'.  Populate those two things then click SAVE.
2) After a few blocks, reboot the QT wallet.  (This is the quirk - it needs restarted to read in your user record key.  (We coded to prevent this, but my 'read' code didnt work apparently and in testnet we didnt notice that it didnt work because we rebooted the wallet during testing)).
3) Once restarted you should see your user record in the user record page.  You will see your e-mail address is '[email protected]'. 
4) Now you can send me an e-mail or each other e-mails.  Lets test in prod to ensure everything works!

5600 BBP
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 09:37:25 AM by Rob Andrews »

• Radar_Dude7

• April 16, 2020, 08:52:42 AM
    more
« Reply #774 on: February 22, 2021, 11:58:36 AM »
Hey all.

I just upgraded to 1.5.4.4. I am not sure if this is me, or if this is an issue across the board - but my wallet has been trying to sync with the network for a long time now and is stuck at "2 minutes behind". Is this one of those times I need to re-sync the blockchain record? Thanks for the help!

1000 BBP

• Radar_Dude7

• April 16, 2020, 08:52:42 AM
    more
« Reply #775 on: February 22, 2021, 01:59:05 PM »
Hey all.

I just upgraded to 1.5.4.4. I am not sure if this is me, or if this is an issue across the board - but my wallet has been trying to sync with the network for a long time now and is stuck at "2 minutes behind". Is this one of those times I need to re-sync the blockchain record? Thanks for the help!
I think I answered my own question. I went into Tools and performed the "Wallet Repair / Rebuild Index" option. I am now tracking and fully sync'd. God bless you all.

1000 BBP

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

more
« Reply #776 on: February 22, 2021, 03:50:30 PM »

I was referring to each block in BiblePay has sequence of bible verses that are tied to each block. I was thinking verses from maybe the previous day's verses could be voted on? Whatever gets the votes bubble up to the top. I know sanctuary voting and cpk both have advantages and disadvantages. I tend to think cpk (although there's some gaming potential) would expose the Gospel to more individuals. Potential gaming is always a potential issue, and frankly, its an ongoing issue with a difficult answer. Perhaps in the mean time, we can expose more people to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and that in itself is important than people trying to game with multiple CPKs.

Verse of the day would be cool.  (On a technical side note, if we were to make a comments section, we could write a comments 'widget' in QT that could be used for any object type and that sounds pretty useful for many things, so lets keep that on a side note).

Afa the actual verse of the day what would you suggest would trigger the initial seed verse, or seed list of verses?  IE how would the wallet pick an initial verse out of the 36,000?

(One possible idea is to build out our 'scripture memorizer' tool a little more - there are currently about 35 verses in there taken from 'best bible verses for Christians' - we could add more and then pick one from there each day for example, based on a deterministic block hash for example).

As far as voting, have you seen the vote-by-coin-age feature in the right click of the sanctuary vote for the public?  And do you think this type of voting for a verse would be better done by a single CPK vote?

3100 BBP

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

• August 02, 2018, 03:22:01 AM
    more
« Reply #777 on: February 23, 2021, 06:54:45 AM »
Hey Rob.
ringa pointed out that the video link at the leaderboard, foundation is broken.
Tested it out myself and it was broken for me aswell.
Joshua 1:9
Have i not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid;
do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God
will be with you wherever you go.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #778 on: February 23, 2021, 08:50:52 AM »
Hey Rob.
ringa pointed out that the video link at the leaderboard, foundation is broken.
Tested it out myself and it was broken for me aswell.

Hey brother you got the Lucky post #777.  Maybe that is a good turning point for us toward the skies.

Regarding the videos, yes, I see the problem - we are now making the video content more secure by requiring them to be either hit by a biblepay-chrome-client or from the foundation link, and I see why the link didnt work - it couldnt get the video size - FIXED.

Thanks!

EDIT:  Can you please send me a prod email, no one has yet?

5600 BBP
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 09:15:08 AM by Rob Andrews »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #779 on: February 23, 2021, 08:58:51 AM »
I was referring to each block in BiblePay has sequence of bible verses that are tied to each block. I was thinking verses from maybe the previous day's verses could be voted on? Whatever gets the votes bubble up to the top. I know sanctuary voting and cpk both have advantages and disadvantages. I tend to think cpk (although there's some gaming potential) would expose the Gospel to more individuals. Potential gaming is always a potential issue, and frankly, its an ongoing issue with a difficult answer. Perhaps in the mean time, we can expose more people to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and that in itself is important than people trying to game with multiple CPKs.

3100 BBP

Yeah, this sounds like a pretty good idea, although we could probably somehow reduce the size of the voting set down from every block, but for now I kind of like it because we already have verses popping up for every block (when someone double clicks the block from the UI tx list) and we could potentially have an upvote downvote button on that dialog just to upvote the first verse of the set for example.

As far as the CPK 'gaming', I agree with you in the sense that for certain use cases, like votes that have no financial interest to be stolen it would probably be fine.
Im doing a side project right now, trying to determine a 'unique pointer' method for decentralized web use.  Of course this is a classic problem not only we have been through but all the crypto space has been through -- it is currently impossible to create a unique identifier for people - as voting systems, governments, and even covid vaccines (pharmakeia) they are all trying to create unique identifiers for people that are reliable.  I think thats why the nefarious patents 060606 and AT&Ts biological routing system are being developed.  Anyway our old vote-with-coin-age was the closest we came to solve the problem.  Manna uses phone numbers.  E-mail addresses obviously arent good.  I really like the 'telegram' approach that bololex uses - its not perfect but Telegram requires one unique phone number per account.  Today, Im going to look into finding if we can use the telegram api for free for our purposes.  We may want to add the ability to link a user record to a telegram account inside biblepaycore.  If we do this, we could then base more accurate rewards or airdrops or faucet rewards or mining reward schemes on this record in the future, and use it for another foundational basis for a voting type.  IE vote by *verified* user record, etc.

5600 BBP