Re: BIBLEPAY - TESTNET THREAD - TESTING SANCTUARIES FOR GO LIVE AT CHRISTMAS
« Reply #105 on: October 28, 2017, 02:46:26 AM »
1.0.4.9 - Mandatory Upgrade for TESTNET

- Retirement accounts 1.0 (TESTNET)
- Trading Engine orderbook (TESTNET)
- Temples with 15MM BBP Requirement
- F8000 (TESTNET)
- Colored coins, complex transactions with escrow

All, please upgrade in testnet as Temples are a breaking change requiring a mandatory upgrade.

If anyone wants to test temples, follow the same hot wallet instructions except use 15,000,000 for escrow (as the e-commerce features are not integrated yet).

How can I 'update' from sanctuary to temple? Should I just generate another masternode key and use a new alias?

• klondike

• October 10, 2017, 09:00:24 AM
    more
« Reply #106 on: October 28, 2017, 04:34:22 AM »
admin do guide for us please: where i can see newest wallet testnet? or how can i update to newest? please do it still otherwise it does not matter
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 05:20:58 AM by klondike »

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
« Reply #107 on: October 28, 2017, 04:42:18 AM »
admin do guide for us please: where i can see newest wallet testnet? or how can i update to newest? please do it still otherwise it does not matter

It's in the reddit guide:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/6ummuj/how_to_mine_biblepay_on_linux/

Under the header 'UPDATE:'

(Also, you have to use the command './biblepay-cli -testnet stop' instead of './biblepay-cli stop', because you're on testnet).
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 04:44:14 AM by jaapgvk »

• klondike

more
« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2017, 05:21:29 AM »
thanks jaaapgk

ADMIN: where can be bug when masternode wallet filling with new coins but winwallet didnt?

again new bug: i tried do again masterode like testing with new reinstalled vps .... can be any problem with win controller wallet?

i resigned do anything with masternode
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 06:41:54 AM by klondike »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2017, 10:33:53 AM »
How can I 'update' from sanctuary to temple? Should I just generate another masternode key and use a new alias?
Yeah, you can, but be aware there is a pitfall that affects all masternodes when rebroadcasting same public IP with new VIN.
I recommend spending the old vin first in coin control.  Enable coin control, from settings, go to send money, and spend the 500k.
Then, create your new vin except the only change being with 15MM BBP instead.  Also, make a new masternode privkey.  Restart the Temple.
Restart the controller.  Reactivate the temple (by sending the start command from the controller).  Then look at the logs in the temple and see if the new VIN was accepted.

So far, I just brought one temple online.  We have 4 people on 1049 and 2 on 1048.  Meaning that the supermajority has upgraded.
Now we have to see if these nodes vote that the temple is paid, so far I have not received a payment, but its only been an hour.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2017, 10:37:57 AM »
I'll update today and try to start a temple if I have enough coins now :)

Offtopic: I want to write a full guide for the pool. But what's your opinion on what the content should be? Should I just write a first introduction on how to pool-mine (create account, name miners) and then create a glossary of all the menu options? And should I make it a wiki-page?
That would be really, really sweet.  I think if you just cover the basics, over a few pages, and maybe the FAQs if you can think of any, -- then later we can fill in what people are really confused about.  But anyway I think a wiki would be great, as then we could link to other wiki pages from the wiki when the docs get really big.

But anyway, I can link to the wiki page from Help | Help just like the BX link works now.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #111 on: October 28, 2017, 10:39:28 AM »

For mine, I used same public IP, new masternode key, Same alias, Same original alias receiving address, updated the masternode.conf file on the controller with the new vin and vout, changed private key on the cold temple, restarted both, waited for mnsync status to = 999, then did a rebroadcast, and Temple updated.  It says PRE ENBABLED right now, so we are not Out of the woods yet :)

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2017, 10:43:37 AM »
Lets also collect info about f8000.  So far Ive only done a couple baby tests, but it appear to be a light year ahead of f7000 in the consistency sense.

My debian box is running at the same HPS as my win box, ~2000 HPS and these are the older type machines, and processor is being utilized fully.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2017, 12:27:17 PM »
Hi All,

I found a few bugs in 1.0.4.9.

Please upgrade to 1.0.5.0.  Temples do not work in 1049.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2017, 02:15:18 PM »
Also one more clarification for testnet:

When your sanctuary is paid, the retirement coins currently show on the tx line below the sanctuary payment (IE 7900 for sanctuary, 29 bbp for retirement). in the transaction list on the UI.

This is just temporary, in prod, the retirement rows are hidden, and instead we use a command: exec getretirementbalance.

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
« Reply #115 on: October 29, 2017, 04:55:21 AM »
Yeah, you can, but be aware there is a pitfall that affects all masternodes when rebroadcasting same public IP with new VIN.
I recommend spending the old vin first in coin control.  Enable coin control, from settings, go to send money, and spend the 500k.
Then, create your new vin except the only change being with 15MM BBP instead.  Also, make a new masternode privkey.  Restart the Temple.
Restart the controller.  Reactivate the temple (by sending the start command from the controller).  Then look at the logs in the temple and see if the new VIN was accepted.

So far, I just brought one temple online.  We have 4 people on 1049 and 2 on 1048.  Meaning that the supermajority has upgraded.
Now we have to see if these nodes vote that the temple is paid, so far I have not received a payment, but its only been an hour.

Thanks for the tip. I didn't know this. I've spend some other 500k masternode deposits (made 3 in total, while testing).

I'm first gonna try and start my sanctuary again, before moving on to the temple. It shows enabled right now, but my controller-wallet can't seem to sync to testnet (no block source available). Also, I saw there was an update to 1.0.5.1. so I'm gonna update first, before anything else.

Any clue on to why the controller wallet doesn't sync? It's on 1.0.4.8. btw.

• klondike

more
« Reply #116 on: October 29, 2017, 09:00:34 AM »
same problem with no syncing

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #117 on: October 29, 2017, 09:02:40 AM »
Thanks for the tip. I didn't know this. I've spend some other 500k masternode deposits (made 3 in total, while testing).

I'm first gonna try and start my sanctuary again, before moving on to the temple. It shows enabled right now, but my controller-wallet can't seem to sync to testnet (no block source available). Also, I saw there was an update to 1.0.5.1. so I'm gonna update first, before anything else.

Any clue on to why the controller wallet doesn't sync? It's on 1.0.4.8. btw.

Yeah, to find out why it doesnt sync, you have to set debug=true and debugmaster=true first then look for the last line before repeating entries.

Unfortuantely 1051 has a breaking bug (growing pains of Temples I guess).  I cant guarantee the next version will solve everything.

But it appears the last version was capable of Paying temples, syncing When already synced, sharing info about the temples to the other sanctuaries, but where it hosed up, is during fresh syncs from zero and when its masternodes were not synced.

I have to go in baby steps because sometimes after we fix somethng it cascades to a new issue.

So All, please upgrade to 1052 now and lets try this again.  We will all need to reindex afterwards after upgrading  to ensure the blocks from 24 hours ago are pulled in the chain with headers.

The 1052 version is out now on github.

• klondike

more
« Reply #118 on: October 29, 2017, 09:09:57 AM »
and how can syncing on win controller with old 148? problem isnt in wallet but in blockchain....cos before with win wallet on testnet i synced w/problem

« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 09:42:20 AM by klondike »

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
« Reply #119 on: October 29, 2017, 09:55:32 AM »
Does the Home/Controller wallet need to be upgraded? 

Windows 32 bit download from biblepay.org still has version 1.0.4.8

I also get stuck on syncing Home/Controller wallet,  stuck at 22 hours behind on block 25684