Read 220954 times

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
Re: BIBLEPAY - TESTNET THREAD - TESTING SANCTUARIES FOR GO LIVE AT CHRISTMAS
« Reply #360 on: November 25, 2017, 05:05:49 PM »
after re-syncing got the status "NEW_START_REQUIRED"

I think you just need to run the masternode start-alias command from the controller wallet:

Code: [Select]
masternode start-alias SANCTUARY_ALIAS
replace SANCTUARY_ALIAS with the label/alias you named your masternode address

• klondike

• October 10, 2017, 09:00:24 AM
    more
« Reply #361 on: November 26, 2017, 03:02:56 AM »
tiras,   yes like togo wrote: i dit it same

VPS rebooted, started daemon then started watchdog and then in controller wallet did command :   masternode start-alias POKUS and worked
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 03:09:45 AM by klondike »

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
« Reply #362 on: November 26, 2017, 06:29:32 AM »
My laptop had some problems, so my masternode went down. But I am syncing as we speak, so I should be online again soon.

Aside from that, I'm taking a step back from the crypto world, for a while at least. In my experience, there is so much power and greed involved in bitcoin at the moment, that I feel I can't really cope with the pressure of 'keeping up with the news'. Core vs Jihan etc. So I'm blocking all bitcoin-related sites for a while.

This forum will be the only crypto-related thing I will be keeping an eye on. I will keep the masternode enabled to support our testnet, and if I find the time I will write a guide for the pool (I'm sorry I didn't get to that Rob, and if anyone else want to give it a go, be my guest).

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #363 on: November 26, 2017, 09:14:00 AM »
For the ecommerce config,

is it okay to have spaces in the config values?
Do I need to put double quotes around values with spaces?

For state should I use TX or Texas?
For phone do I need to add dashes or anything?

Thanks!
Hi Togo,
I tested spaces the other day and the spaces actually work, without quotes. 

For state, please use TX.  For Phone yes please use the dashes so you have a 12 character phone.

This will be interesting, let me know when you place the order and Ill see if any errors occurred.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #364 on: November 26, 2017, 09:16:50 AM »
My laptop had some problems, so my masternode went down. But I am syncing as we speak, so I should be online again soon.

Aside from that, I'm taking a step back from the crypto world, for a while at least. In my experience, there is so much power and greed involved in bitcoin at the moment, that I feel I can't really cope with the pressure of 'keeping up with the news'. Core vs Jihan etc. So I'm blocking all bitcoin-related sites for a while.

This forum will be the only crypto-related thing I will be keeping an eye on. I will keep the masternode enabled to support our testnet, and if I find the time I will write a guide for the pool (I'm sorry I didn't get to that Rob, and if anyone else want to give it a go, be my guest).

Thanks Jaap, I commend your decision!  Im going through the same thing right now- the other community is begging me to do something greedy, to switch to a base of a private version of Ethereum and I said no, I cant take it, I would leave, and besides Im here for BiblePay forever now.  The Greed is killing Americans, and they are choking Jesus out of their lives.  How much is enough?

Anyway yes, once we get this testnet bug-free hopefully you will be back by Christmas to launch a full node.

Have a good one in the mean time.
Rob

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #365 on: November 26, 2017, 09:20:08 AM »
masternode was shut down on it's own.

updated the wallet from git.
started the daemon . 
after re-syncing got the status "NEW_START_REQUIRED"

rebooted the VPS.
started the daemon . 
after a while the same :  "NEW_START_REQUIRED"

checking watchdog :

cd /root/.biblepaycore/watchman && ./venv/bin/python bin/watchman.py
Invalid Masternode Status, cannot continue.

what did I do wrong ?

thanks

I think klondike already answered but I wanted to add:
The masternode requires a status of "999" before it actually listens to our commands (I know, pain), so add this into the process:
After rebooting a masternode wait until 'mnsync status' shows 999, then issue the commands from the controller like start-many etc.

I did prove the other day that you do not have to restart a masternode (physically) when it says new start required.  You can do the start-many and it will respond, as long as its already synced.

Another words life in prod should be like this:

As days go by, and no upgrades are being pushed out:  If you ever see new start required, you go to your controller and issue the start-many command.

Reboots should only be necessary when upgrades (to the software) are required.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #366 on: November 26, 2017, 09:31:26 AM »
So my Ryzen 7 is getting around 13 500 (genproclimit = 18) on f8000 but I need to do more tests with different genproclimits.

For the e-commerce test, that's very generous thank you! However, I was wondering if it would work for ppl living outside of the US or if it only works with US addresses for now?

Also, I'll have more free time starting tmr so tell me if there's anything else that needs to be tested!

Sweet, so Alex was getting 13,500 on a Ryzen, and on my old 3 year old desktop (AMD 6 core, 2.8ghz) I am getting 3500 hps.
This is pretty much inline looking at the processor specs (8 cores, 4.0 ghz, more threads per core, 4* the performance) yielding 4* the hash speed I am seeing on my older hardware. 
I did a test, where I ran biblepay twice on my desktop, and Im not seeing any addl throughput, and that is inline with Alexs observation of consuming the entire 100% of the processor.  So far so good.
Now we have to look at Togos speed.

Edit: I dont see any problems on windows vs linux.  Im running at 3000 HPS in windows on my current desktop.  Ill test Vultr linux instances in a minute.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #367 on: November 26, 2017, 09:35:09 AM »
I tested v1.0.6.2 in testnet on my Ryzen,
at 26 threads I got 12.3-13k HPS, it fluctuated alot in that range
Does this seem correct? >.>
Ah huh, great!  So you are inline with Alex's readings on his ryzen of about 13000.  Yeah, so far so good.  Let me test out vultr and Ill report back.
Its a $40 per month 4 core debian.

EDIT:  Ok, so Im getting about 900 HPS on the $10 a month vultr debian (which is really the same as the $5, it just has 8Gig ram instead of 4Gig), and getting 4000 HPS on the $40 per month 4-core-debian.  Which means the Ryzen is really a beast!  I dont see any problems so far, just a little interesting that my 3 year old desktop matches the $40 per month rented node.  However on the great side, there is no huge disparity between windows and linux now.  I have 3.5K HPS on my windows box, and 4K HPS on the $40 per month rented linux box.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 09:49:14 AM by admin »

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
« Reply #368 on: November 26, 2017, 10:17:25 AM »
Tested ecommerce again!

Facepalm... I had one config key misspelled... hahaha

I have a new error now:

./biblepay-cli exec buyproduct 0718083296
error code: -1
error message:
BAD USERID

I believe these are the relevant lines in the code, I couldnt find USERID though:

https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/blob/9f4868bd447b2346bd1ddd5f04207cec27127a9c/src/rpcblockchain.cpp#L2036

https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/blob/9f4868bd447b2346bd1ddd5f04207cec27127a9c/src/rpcblockchain.cpp#L1292
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 10:31:23 AM by togoshigekata »

• klondike

• October 10, 2017, 09:00:24 AM
    more
« Reply #369 on: November 26, 2017, 01:52:19 PM »
guys: when you talking about HPS what you talk HPS1 or HPS2?

my ryzen 1700 linux= 205 000+ HPS 90%loading CPU

• tiras

• September 01, 2017, 02:00:09 PM
    more
« Reply #370 on: November 26, 2017, 04:58:01 PM »
tiras,   yes like togo wrote: i dit it same

VPS rebooted, started daemon then started watchdog and then in controller wallet did command :   masternode start-alias POKUS and worked

thanks.   I also updated controller node and started with "start-alias"  .  looks good now

• tiras

• September 01, 2017, 02:00:09 PM
    more
« Reply #371 on: November 26, 2017, 05:01:35 PM »
I think klondike already answered but I wanted to add:
The masternode requires a status of "999" before it actually listens to our commands (I know, pain), so add this into the process:
After rebooting a masternode wait until 'mnsync status' shows 999, then issue the commands from the controller like start-many etc.

I did prove the other day that you do not have to restart a masternode (physically) when it says new start required.  You can do the start-many and it will respond, as long as its already synced.

Another words life in prod should be like this:

As days go by, and no upgrades are being pushed out:  If you ever see new start required, you go to your controller and issue the start-many command.

Reboots should only be necessary when upgrades (to the software) are required.

thanks Admin.  good to know for future

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #372 on: November 26, 2017, 05:34:32 PM »
guys: when you talking about HPS what you talk HPS1 or HPS2?

my ryzen 1700 linux= 205 000+ HPS 90%loading CPU

In prod, the HPS is faster, but allows the multi-instance exploit.  In Testnet, f8000 is enabled, and offers no gain when running dual instances.
Please do a getmininginfo in Testnet to see your HPS, and compare to Alex's 13,500 HPS.  Im getting 4K HPS on my windows dev machine.

(In f8000)

EDIT: Pool mining should be disabled in testnet for this test; just to ensure the thing isnt trying to reconnect to the pool every 60 secs.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #373 on: November 26, 2017, 05:39:58 PM »
Tested ecommerce again!

Facepalm... I had one config key misspelled... hahaha

I have a new error now:

./biblepay-cli exec buyproduct 0718083296
error code: -1
error message:
BAD USERID

I believe these are the relevant lines in the code, I couldnt find USERID though:

https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/blob/9f4868bd447b2346bd1ddd5f04207cec27127a9c/src/rpcblockchain.cpp#L2036

https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/blob/9f4868bd447b2346bd1ddd5f04207cec27127a9c/src/rpcblockchain.cpp#L1292

Very interesting, OK cool, Ill try it again and might have a few questions.  I havent bought anything yet from biblepay-cli, I bought mine through windows-qt, from the RPC.  I got my bible in the mail 2 days later, it seems pretty interesting so far.

Let me try to reproduce...

« Reply #374 on: November 26, 2017, 06:24:21 PM »
Hmm I just noticed my masternode on testnet actually crashed (biblepayd stopped running on 2017-11-23 10:59:35) . Yet, I've still been receiving rewards from it even though it wasn't running.

I think klondike noticed the same before editing his message.

Edit: Also not sure if useful but I have a block explorer on testnet too (https://testnet.biblepay-explorer.org/). No guaranteeing the uptime of this one as it is on a really small machine and I'm doing tests on it!

Hey Rob, I was wondering if you saw that message.

I would need to check the logs again but I have been receiving masternode rewards for 1 day if not 2 while biblepayd crashed/wasn't running.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 06:27:04 PM by Alex »