Bible Pay

Read 7250 times

BiblePay.org Website Proposal - Website Upgrade
« on: January 29, 2018, 05:54:57 PM »
Having served us well, our current website at BiblePay.org now deserves an upgrade. I propose a simple improvement plan that includes the following:

• A makeover to freshen and brighten it up.
    This includes replacing the current pictures with higher resolution images, enhancing the color scheme, reformatting and re-aligning some of the text and other content.
  • Upgrade to the WordPress platform.
    This will provide a more secure site and allow us to use prebuilt plug-ins instead of requiring custom programming. Moving the website to WordPress will also lower the cost of future web development and reduce maintenance expense.
  • Make the website mobile responsive.
    Responsive web design (RWD) is an approach to web design which makes web pages render well on a variety of devices and window or screen sizes.  This will make it easier for smart phone and tablet users to access all current and future BiblePay.org features and services.
  • Improve the security of the website.
    Convert the entire site from HTTP to HTTPS, and add HSTS1.  Crypto-currency sites like BiblePay.org are prized targets for hackers. HTTPS  - which is also called HTTP over TLS, HTTP over SSL, and HTTP Secure - is a widely used protocol for secure communication over a computer network like the internet. HTTPS based websites are considered secure sites since data is encrypted to uphold security for the parties concerned.  While HTTPS is secure, HTTP is always vulnerable to eavesdropping attacks where hackers access sensitive information and website accounts.

The entire project should take about a week to complete.

I am requesting a BBP reward of 81,500, and will begin the work upon approval of the proposal.

Here are a few websites built by my team:
www.cikmortgages.com
www.pgx.cc
www.sapphiredental.ca
www.activara.net/
www.basementstore.ca
1 HSTS - which stands for HTTP Strict Transport Security - is a web security policy mechanism which helps protect websites against protocol downgrade attacks and cookie hijacking.  It allows web servers to declare that web browsers should only interact with it using secure HTTPS connections and never via the insecure HTTP protocol.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 05:57:07 PM by zthomasz »

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
Re: BiblePay.org Website Proposal - Website Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 01:24:48 AM »
I think it's good to have a safer and more streamlined site :)

Do you have any design ideas? In my view, the site has all the information, but it's a little cluttered. Your examples seem professional btw, although I would like to see that the biblepay site has a bit more 'playful' feel. I don't really know how to explain it, dynamic menus and graphics that move a little when scrolling.

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 04:26:29 AM »
Excellent proposal, I will be voting yes. :)

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 08:31:10 AM »
I'll be voting yes too.

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 09:27:32 AM »
I think it's good to have a safer and more streamlined site :)

Do you have any design ideas? In my view, the site has all the information, but it's a little cluttered. Your examples seem professional btw, although I would like to see that the biblepay site has a bit more 'playful' feel. I don't really know how to explain it, dynamic menus and graphics that move a little when scrolling.

If you like, post a link to a website that has the type of "playful" aspects you're referring to and I'll check it out.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 01:21:24 PM »
I will be voting Yes for this also.

Tom is going to build this at:

beta.biblepay.org

And when we have one ready for public viewing, during certain intervals he will remove the password so we can make more recommendations to make it great.  Then we intend on migrating it to www.biblepay.org when finished.

Note:  I am hoping this works out very well and he enjoys it, as I would like to invite Tom to perpetually maintain biblepay.org in the future after we are live.  This will involve him submitting monthly hour count to our IT  and I can either add to my monthly payroll proposal - or he can add a monthly hours proposal, (I suppose depending on how small it is).  If its 10 hours, I think I can reimburse him, etc.

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 01:36:53 PM »
If you like, post a link to a website that has the type of "playful" aspects you're referring to and I'll check it out.

Yeah, sure :) Maybe not the best example, but the ethereum site has a bit of what I mean:
https://ethereum.org/

But looking at it again, I think I actually prefer the professional look of your sites, haha!

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 04:19:44 PM »
Here is the original collaboration, outline and research, if anyone has comments:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u8UjXeMBoEFWMJpRsqVX-O6KMZIsTM2GsO3qu0GX56w/edit?usp=sharing

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 05:37:11 PM »
Yeah, sure :) Maybe not the best example, but the ethereum site has a bit of what I mean:
https://ethereum.org/

But looking at it again, I think I actually prefer the professional look of your sites, haha!

Yes, I prefer a steadier flow, yet with some fluid movement ... the ethereum site has too much motion for my tastes ... made me dizzy .. haha!

• klondike

• October 10, 2017, 09:00:24 AM
    more
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2018, 07:23:57 AM »
voted 4 times yes

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2018, 10:28:19 AM »
If I can help with brainstorming/content, just let me know :)

• Cryptoshot

• February 18, 2018, 03:19:44 PM
    • Ghana
    more
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2018, 02:38:51 PM »
This is a great idea. I think this will enable the ordinary smartphone user have full access to information on the website. Hence making BBP the coin of all classes