Bible Pay

Read 14906 times

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
Proposal idea: airdrop
« on: March 01, 2018, 08:41:50 AM »
I'm just thinking out-loud here. But I've been participating in some airdrops lately at https://airdropalert.com/ and they also do something called 'hosted airdrops'.

This means you fill in a form at their website like this one for example: https://airdropalert.com/cms/join/taxi

We might ask people to join our twitter and fill in their Biblepay wallet adres (which means they must download our paper/mobile/pc wallet to get an adres, and thus become aware of that we stand for). We might have a max of 3000 participants or something, and give everyone - for example - 100 BBP, or maybe even a dollar worth to each participant. I think it would get our name out there and hopefully we can get some more committed users.

This is not a proposal for this round, but just an idea we could maybe talk about :)

• Cryptoshot

• February 18, 2018, 03:19:44 PM
    • Ghana
    more
Re: Proposal idea: airdrop
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 08:50:19 AM »
It sounds very great and quite going to be fruitful if the needed applauds is given. I think this can help bridge the wide gap between awareness paucity of BBP and potential Embracers . I also think we all have it as a duty to begin rolling BBP on various social media pages, since it is now the communication center for almost everyone across the globe.

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 09:00:59 AM »
Id probably vote for an airdrop.

How to Get BiblePay Coins:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7nevdg/how_to_get_biblepay_bbp_coins/

So far we have 2 faucets, gospel link rewards, orphan letter rewards and proposal budget system,
but they may not be very well known and it might be beneficial to do social bounties,
(to help increase advertising/marketing/word of mouth/spread BiblePay),

In general Im not sure what kinds of characters these actions draw in for the coin and whether the quality will be high or that there will be scammers gaming the system (someone with 1000 fake twitter accounts that each has 1000 fake followers), but hey publicity is publicity

Bounties:
- Bitcointalk Signature Campaigns (and Avatar)
- Twitter Tweet, Retweet, Follow
- Discord Invite
- Youtube Videos
- Articles/Blogs (Steemit, Medium)
- Facebook Like, Repost
- Reddit Subscribe

Bounties Subforum:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=238.0

If anyone is interested to run a bounty, check out the ideas others are doing in the Bounties subforum

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 11:37:34 AM »
Id probably vote for an airdrop.

How to Get BiblePay Coins:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/7nevdg/how_to_get_biblepay_bbp_coins/

So far we have 2 faucets, gospel link rewards, orphan letter rewards and proposal budget system,
but they may not be very well known and it might be beneficial to do social bounties,
(to help increase advertising/marketing/word of mouth/spread BiblePay),

In general Im not sure what kinds of characters these actions draw in for the coin and whether the quality will be high or that there will be scammers gaming the system (someone with 1000 fake twitter accounts that each has 1000 fake followers), but hey publicity is publicity

Bounties:
- Bitcointalk Signature Campaigns (and Avatar)
- Twitter Tweet, Retweet, Follow
- Discord Invite
- Youtube Videos
- Articles/Blogs (Steemit, Medium)
- Facebook Like, Repost
- Reddit Subscribe

Bounties Subforum:

If anyone is interested to run a bounty, check out the ideas others are doing in the Bounties subforum

Yeah, the faucet and especially the writing bounties are for people 'in the know'. An airdrop would mainly be to get our name out there and try and get new people to join us.

About the people gaming the system: most airdrops on that site also require you to join a telegram-group. Telegram is linked to your mobile phone number, so it would be very hard to game the system if you have to join both the Biblepay twitter ánd telegram-group (a group only created for the airdrop).

That being said, I think that most people join airdrops to make a few bucks and nothing more, but still, if they have to visit our site to download a wallet, they are going to be confronted by who we are. Most airdrops are ethereum-based and you just have to enter your ethereum-wallet to get tokens. With us, is would be different, because you have to download a biblepay-wallet, so people have to be more active to get BBP.

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 08:32:53 AM »
I've been talking to David from https://airdropalert.com/ (who is also Dutch, I found out), if it's possible to have an exclusive airdrop with them.

I've have subscribed to airdrops with them in the past and they have always been transparant. That's why I chose them.

The idea is as follows: we give 5000 people an airdrop worth $1, so we're talking about something like 2M BBP. And we host this airdrop with https://airdropalert.com/. The requirements to be able to participate in this airdrop would be:
1. Leave your email address
2. Join our twitter (not really sure if necessary)
3. Join our airdrop Telegram group (anti-fraud protection)
4. Download our wallet

Above should make sure that there are not much duplicate accounts participating in the airdrop.

I think this airdrop will do the following things:
-Create awareness
-Bring in new miners
-Bring in new people with a heart for the project

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 09:29:26 PM »
I've been talking to David from https://airdropalert.com/ (who is also Dutch, I found out), if it's possible to have an exclusive airdrop with them.

I've have subscribed to airdrops with them in the past and they have always been transparant. That's why I chose them.

The idea is as follows: we give 5000 people an airdrop worth $1, so we're talking about something like 2M BBP. And we host this airdrop with https://airdropalert.com/. The requirements to be able to participate in this airdrop would be:
1. Leave your email address
2. Join our twitter (not really sure if necessary)
3. Join our airdrop Telegram group (anti-fraud protection)
4. Download our wallet

Above should make sure that there are not much duplicate accounts participating in the airdrop.

I think this airdrop will do the following things:
-Create awareness
-Bring in new miners
-Bring in new people with a heart for the project

I like this idea, and follow me a bit on the value.  I'd rather do more people for less BBP.  Right now $1 BBP is roughly 400 BBP since we're at 1/4 cent as of late.  However, as this is not investment advice, I firmly believe we'll be above 1/2 cent in mid summer as long as the cryptocurrency market at large recovers a bit and if we can get more exposure then I see one cent as our intrinsic value we can achieve in the moderate term.  100 BBP for 20,000 people would be the same cost to us.

Or if there is a way to do it with a time limit and say max of 20,000 people but we'll divide the 2M evenly that would work too.

Granted not saying this as criticism just would rather see either a smaller budget for 5K people or more people for a 2M budget.

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2018, 09:31:39 AM »
I agree with your points West. I'd also rather do more people for the same amount of BBP. On the other hand, a dollar airdrop is kinda the minimum that goes around in the 'airdrop business' as far as I can tell.

David told me that most exclusives are in the 5 dollar range. That's obviously not going to happen. Of course, a lot of these coins already have a pumped-up value, so it's easy to give away 5 dollar aidrops for them. And most of the non-exclusives are scamcoins that will never achieve anything.

Anyway. I don't mind giving .20 cent airdrops of 1 dollar airdrops. To me it's just about getting exposure.

I like your idea about having an airdrop for a certain time and then dividing 2M BBP among those who entered. On the other hand, maybe only 1000 people will sign up in the end with this approach.

Anyway. I'm open for all suggestions. Just thinking out loud with this airdrop idea  :)

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 08:26:07 PM »
I dont know the airdrop space at all, and you seem to have some knowledge
 and Ive seen airdrop stuff on your twitter.

airdropalert.com is the number 1 result when you google "airdrop crypto"

===

- Will you have to manually verify the actions they take?

Potential Actions:
"Following BiblePay Twitter Account, Retweet or createate Tweet @BiblePay"
"Join BiblePay Discord "
"Subscribe on Reddit /r/BiblePay, Upvote and Comment"
"Upvote and Comment on Steemit/Medium Article"
"Add BiblePay to your Bitcointalk Forum Signature, Comment about BiblePay on Bitcointalk Announcement Post or in Altcoin discussion area"

Other Actions:
Join Facebook Group
Join Telegram
Submit email for Newsletter

- What actions do you plan to make participants do?
- After performing their actions they have to send you the proof/records of it?
- Will there be a lot of time wasted sorting through scammers trying to fake doing the actions?
- How much effort will confirming actions take and how much money would you like for that effort?

- Do you plan to advertise the airdrop, and where?
https://twitter.com/cryptoairdrops

Looks like there are other websites, articles, etc could contact/leave comment on to spread the word, Id be down to help with spreading it.

- How long do you think the airdrop will last?

===

Depending on the actions users will be required to perform, this totally has my vote

• MIP

• February 13, 2018, 11:55:52 AM
    more
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 02:18:25 AM »
This is very interesting, because even if we reach only a low % of  the total audience, that will be still a lot of new people interested in this project.

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 05:47:55 AM »
I dont know the airdrop space at all, and you seem to have some knowledge
 and Ive seen airdrop stuff on your twitter.

airdropalert.com is the number 1 result when you google "airdrop crypto"

===

- Will you have to manually verify the actions they take?

Potential Actions:
"Following BiblePay Twitter Account, Retweet or createate Tweet @BiblePay"
"Join BiblePay Discord "
"Subscribe on Reddit /r/BiblePay, Upvote and Comment"
"Upvote and Comment on Steemit/Medium Article"
"Add BiblePay to your Bitcointalk Forum Signature, Comment about BiblePay on Bitcointalk Announcement Post or in Altcoin discussion area"

Other Actions:
Join Facebook Group
Join Telegram
Submit email for Newsletter

- What actions do you plan to make participants do?
- After performing their actions they have to send you the proof/records of it?
- Will there be a lot of time wasted sorting through scammers trying to fake doing the actions?
- How much effort will confirming actions take and how much money would you like for that effort?

- Do you plan to advertise the airdrop, and where?
https://twitter.com/cryptoairdrops

Looks like there are other websites, articles, etc could contact/leave comment on to spread the word, Id be down to help with spreading it.

- How long do you think the airdrop will last?

===

Depending on the actions users will be required to perform, this totally has my vote

Yeah, I was quite busy with airdrops for a while, haha! I participated in an airdrop a long time ago, and when I found it I basically earned 2000 euro's by retweeting something, I got FOMO ;D

Anyway, by having an exclusive airdrop with airdropalert, they do a lot of the work for you. They provide the form and the checks, and I think you get an excel with all data at the end of the airdrop.

You can take two approached: the 'limited applicants approach', whereby the airdrop closes after a certain number (for example 5000), or you have a 'limited time approach', where you close the airdrop after a certain time (for example two weeks).

By having users do a certain amount of actions, you can limit the number of fraudulent applications. Telegram is a good one for this I think, since you need a mobile number to create an account. But having users take a number of these actions, you can reduce the number of fraudulent applications to such a low figure that I don't think it's necessary to weed them out in the end.

I was thinking about a combination of Twitter (with a possible retweet) and Telegram, since that is the approach that most airdropping cryptos take. Also, almost all airdrops are Ethereum tokens, so an extra step that our applicants have to take, is to download one of our wallets.

Downloading the wallet consists of going to our website, which is a great way to get exposure.

Btw, good suggestion on the 'Bitcointalk Forum Signature' campaign thing. That could also be a nice way to get exposure (outside of airdrops). You give people a certain amount of BBP (depending on your status (newbie/member/hero etc)) when they have a Biblepay signature and make a minimum amount of posts per week.

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 11:29:02 AM »
Yeah, I was quite busy with airdrops for a while, haha! I participated in an airdrop a long time ago, and when I found it I basically earned 2000 euro's by retweeting something, I got FOMO ;D

Anyway, by having an exclusive airdrop with airdropalert, they do a lot of the work for you. They provide the form and the checks, and I think you get an excel with all data at the end of the airdrop.

You can take two approached: the 'limited applicants approach', whereby the airdrop closes after a certain number (for example 5000), or you have a 'limited time approach', where you close the airdrop after a certain time (for example two weeks).

By having users do a certain amount of actions, you can limit the number of fraudulent applications. Telegram is a good one for this I think, since you need a mobile number to create an account. But having users take a number of these actions, you can reduce the number of fraudulent applications to such a low figure that I don't think it's necessary to weed them out in the end.

I was thinking about a combination of Twitter (with a possible retweet) and Telegram, since that is the approach that most airdropping cryptos take. Also, almost all airdrops are Ethereum tokens, so an extra step that our applicants have to take, is to download one of our wallets.

Downloading the wallet consists of going to our website, which is a great way to get exposure.

Btw, good suggestion on the 'Bitcointalk Forum Signature' campaign thing. That could also be a nice way to get exposure (outside of airdrops). You give people a certain amount of BBP (depending on your status (newbie/member/hero etc)) when they have a Biblepay signature and make a minimum amount of posts per week.

I'm glad you're hear and have this experience.  Great to have a subject matter expert!

The only airdrop I'm reasonably familiar with is the DeepOnion one, and that's kind of atypical from the looks of it.  How would we verify that a person downloaded the wallet?  And I do like the signature requirement but am leery of any mandatory posting requirements as in my view that just encourages spam and ultimately diminishes the value of the signature in the first place.   

But the more I hear, the better I like the idea!

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2018, 10:55:00 AM »
This sounds like a perfect project for T-mike.  Since he started podcbbp.org.

We could:
Advertise Helping cure cancer through clock cycles, receive $1 of free BBP - click here
The click takes you to his web site
The user pastes a New CPID
We verify the CPID Age > 0 and less than 7 days and the CPID has rac > 1 and the Receive address has not been used
We pay from his faucet the airdrop reward
We save the e-mail for new user correspondence on his mailing list

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2018, 05:01:06 AM »
This sounds like a perfect project for T-mike.  Since he started podcbbp.org.

We could:
Advertise Helping cure cancer through clock cycles, receive $1 of free BBP - click here
The click takes you to his web site
The user pastes a New CPID
We verify the CPID Age > 0 and less than 7 days and the CPID has rac > 1 and the Receive address has not been used
We pay from his faucet the airdrop reward
We save the e-mail for new user correspondence on his mailing list

Okay, this would actually be a good approach!

Maybe it's even better to give more incentive. Like instead of giving 5000 people 1$, let's give 1000 people 5$. I say this because cheating this system would be very time consuming (setting up accounts and waiting for tasks to be solved) ánd they would probably receive enough 'getting started funds' to receive magnitude without having to buy BBP from an exchange from the get go (making it easier to start).

We could maybe do it this way: create a google-form (or our own online form on the website) on which people can post the CPID with RAC. On that form they also have to provide us with a BBP-address and an email-address that matches the one they have used to sign up for our newsletter (on our new website).

If the email-addresses match and the CPID with RAC is less then 7 days old, we could transfer the BBP to their wallet.

Maybe we could even write a script for this, or automate it in some way (I don't know :p).

I've been in contact with airdropalert.com. They have free and paid listings. Their cheapest package is 750$ in ETH and includes the following things:

1) Promotion package Small
- Priority listing on website for 3 days
- No advertisement at info on airdrop
- 2 Tweets/FB/TG posts announcing the airdrop

Is it worth the price? The social media posts will reach a lot of people. But we could perhaps also do our own PR.

• jaapgvk

• Netherlands
    more
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2018, 02:06:52 AM »
Maybe we should add one thing to the list above: a social media post. Maybe we can let people choose between twitter/facebook/instagram whatever, and add a link to that post to the form. This way we also spread more awareness while doing the airdrop.

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2018, 01:41:35 AM »
I've participated in a few air drops and I'm on earn.com -- Honestly, I haven't followed any of the altcoins I signed up for. App downloads, social media posts, telegram joins, etc. All of them, I did, then either left or deleted the app. The only incentive was the payout and nothing else. So, how many participants are like myself in the airdrop world? How much of the airdrop would just be wasted on people like myself?

Even Jesus had a small group of disciplines that help spread his message and even died for the Gospel. Even then, they did not understand even after his death and resurrection.  So, I feel making fishers of men is important than speaking to a large crowd where you do not make believers.

I don't know anything about the airdrop side just receiving... so I'm open to hearing your thoughts.
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ