Bible Pay

Read 303606 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
** EasyBBPStake Addendum **

I realize we need to edit the wiki guide for easybbpstake, but for now I would like to convey this information.

Today in an attempt to reproduce some of the issues users had, I tested easybbpstake on a new wallet.
If you follow this guide you should be able to stake your entire balance (or at least 99% of it):

- Open new wallet  (Ensure you are upgraded to 1.5.4.6+)
- Fund the wallet with bbp
- Go to User Edit Page
- Populate NickName | Click Save (This is so you will see yourself on the leaderboard)
- Go to RPC
- exec bankroll qty denomination (This is something you have to figure out for yourself, but if you have 1MM bbp, a good start would be "exec bankroll 9 90000" for example will create 9 bills of 90,000 each).  One new feature in 1.5.4.6 is we now give you 10 extra change transactions of 10bbp each that will fund the next successive stakes.
- Wait for a few blocks to go by
- easybbpstake min_amount 0
- If everything on the screen looks good:  easybbpstake min_amount 1
(Repeat the last two steps until your coins are all locked.  You can see your coins locking (after a couple confirms) in coin control).

The primary difference in this guide in contrast to our prior releases is this will help you denominate the wallet into distinct coins that can be staked, and secondly our latest code version is now programmed to use a very small transaction to fund the stake (it will use between 1bbp-100 bbp and it will avoid bigger coins). NOTE: BiblePay will not spend a coin larger than 100bbp on the UTXO stake fee, so you must have some small coins in the wallet starting in 1.5.4.6+.

5800 BBP
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 09:03:14 PM by Rob Andrews »

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
That explains why my stakes did not work because my smallest amount is 434 BBP. Thanks for the explanation. I'll try a bankroll shortly.

Also, what do you think about the overview screen having a "Locked" line under Balances to show the balances that are locked (which in turn may tell you how much you are staking in utxo mining)?

3100 BBP
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 09:27:01 PM by sunk818 »
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
is there a way to know how much bbp and other crypto is being staked as a report for utxo mining? i saw the leaderboard but didn't see actual amounts staked. i made the dws report for the longest time, so being able to chart something over time would be nice. if you have a csv format, then I could pull from biblepayd and chart it out on google sheets.

3100 BBP
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• talisman

• March 26, 2018, 07:42:24 AM
    more
Dear Rob,

I installed 1.5.4.6 and fired up the wallet. The first command I tried to execute was "exec bankroll 10 10", but the wallet prompted "Transaction signature failed" again.

Then I tried to execute a stake; dry run reported no problems, real reported "Error (Not Sent)": "(Create Transaction) Insufficient funds.Unable to Create UTXO Stake Transaction."

I am now manually creating a few 10-BBP bills, and will retry staking. I wonder why exec bankroll does not work in the first place, though.

1200 BBP

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

• August 02, 2018, 03:22:01 AM
    more
is there a way to know how much bbp and other crypto is being staked as a report for utxo mining? i saw the leaderboard but didn't see actual amounts staked. i made the dws report for the longest time, so being able to chart something over time would be nice. if you have a csv format, then I could pull from biblepayd and chart it out on google sheets.

Yeah i think you can use commands in terminal :
Code: [Select]
listutxostakes 0 for your own and
listutxostakes 1 for all stakes if im not mistaken.
Joshua 1:9
Have i not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid;
do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God
will be with you wherever you go.

• Radar_Dude7

• April 16, 2020, 08:52:42 AM
    more
Rob, thanks for answering so quickly. To answer your question, there isn't a txid for the charge on the email to you - as I was never charged for an email to you because they all failed. The last one to Earl was this:
Transaction ID: 08483d1d4298bf88848417d25c557f6fc63d57c9a7ccdc3accf1e4fef588c956
I sent you the output of the command to your BiblePay Team email address.

1200 BBP
Rob - I was able to send an email to you this morning, after performing the "fix" last night.
Here is the txid from the send:
Transaction ID: 0d6b9b3c67a0439a2084bdacc9ff61338272e3cba3f9ef89916c0020884d0430
I hope it finds you well - AND that you receive it!
Radar

1400 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
As more Bibles are being added to BBP, does that increase the client size or memory use? Just thinking out loud here, but could we zip/compress the text into the blockchain and have it retrieved by the client by reading the blockchain database? It would make the blockchain bigger, but I wonder if you can scale better and add more languages of the Bible this way?

3100 BBP

First the succinct answer:
I think, for best practices, it would be best for us to start gathering KJV or NKJV (IE the voted in translation that conveys the best) in multiple languages in PDF formats, from opensource sources, and include these files in our build (not our compile, our build process). What this would do is place these translation pdfs in the bbp application directory - so they would be available for viewing from our Bible Viewer page.  We could make new links for the bibles, and we could potentially auto-detect their language and put that link at the top.  The link would open the PDF bible in this case.  The reason I recommend this is it takes no memory usage, and allows the files to be available behind the 'firewall' in Korea, China, Russia etc. 

The more technical answer:
We do need to keep at least the KJV English in, for the POBH hashes for syncing from 0.  We do have other code, for example the popup verses that use that reference, and even our bbp-university pulls up scriptures based on book-chapter lookup.  I think it would be better for us to make .dat files that do have the other languages version of the 32,000 verses and we could offer bounties for those.  It would be in our best interests to do both of these things as Im sure the PDFs are already available.  This second feature is more for compatibility for verse lookup features.  Its certainly valuable in the code to be able to call for example Matthew 7:7 1-5, and pull it up in EN or another language.  But yes I think it would not be feasible to keep adding classes for more translations.  We need to move to .dat files for this.  A bounty would mean finding a KJV translation in text format - in a certain language - converting that data to a .dat file in our import format ---  then we would use this data on the fly when the user switches languages.  (Soon we can also mark all blocks as "OK" or grandfathered in up to the end pobh-height also, that will speed up syncing a tiny bit).

6000 BBP
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 08:23:59 AM by Rob Andrews »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Ah ok, by manually selecting some smaller chunks, I indeed got the wallet a bit more condensed. But i still cannot e. g. do an "exec bankroll 1 1000000", although I have dozens of 100k inputs with coin age > 1day.
These are the address and amount in the command itself, right? I copied them together with the output (see above). The transaction can be found here:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/ltc/address.dws?MS9KA869FBdoHZEj14cCYs2yeTsdXZjFS6.htm
It's an exchange wallet, but I thought that this should be possible too, right? (I don't even own an extra LTC wallet). :D

So I did a little debugging on this issue (regarding being unable to do a new 'exec bankroll' ) on a wallet that has already been bankrolled, and the issue is this:
If you already have some bankrolled coins, we put a special mark on those coins (to know they are denominated).  When you try to re-denominate a set of coins, we only work on Non-bankrolled coins.  So that explains why it said "no privatesend non-denom coins available".  So you have the option to:  Coin control | Select denominated coins manually | Spend them to yourself first.  Then redenominate.

6000 BBP
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 08:31:57 AM by Rob Andrews »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
That explains why my stakes did not work because my smallest amount is 434 BBP. Thanks for the explanation. I'll try a bankroll shortly.

Also, what do you think about the overview screen having a "Locked" line under Balances to show the balances that are locked (which in turn may tell you how much you are staking in utxo mining)?

3100 BBP

Yeah thats a great idea.  That would be excellent to compare total utxo locked to total in leaderboard.
I think we can make it include only non sanc amounts in the total that are locked (IE total non-sanc locked coins).

I also need to make 'listutxostakes 0' show spent coins also - I believe right now its only showing statuses greater than zero (non spent).

6000 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Yeah i think you can use commands in terminal :
listutxostakes 0 for your own and
listutxostakes 1 for all stakes if im not mistaken.

Exactly; but I also wanted to say, from the leaderboard, if you click details first, you can see the utxo rows.  When you double click on someone with a utxo, you can see their portfolio information.

6000 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Rob - I was able to send an email to you this morning, after performing the "fix" last night.
Here is the txid from the send:
Transaction ID: 0d6b9b3c67a0439a2084bdacc9ff61338272e3cba3f9ef89916c0020884d0430
I hope it finds you well - AND that you receive it!
Radar

Yes sir, got it and replied!  Thanks.

6000 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Dear Rob,

I installed 1.5.4.6 and fired up the wallet. The first command I tried to execute was "exec bankroll 10 10", but the wallet prompted "Transaction signature failed" again.

Then I tried to execute a stake; dry run reported no problems, real reported "Error (Not Sent)": "(Create Transaction) Insufficient funds.Unable to Create UTXO Stake Transaction."

I am now manually creating a few 10-BBP bills, and will retry staking. I wonder why exec bankroll does not work in the first place, though.

1200 BBP

Hi Talisman!

Please try this fix:
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=517.msg10308#msg10308

6000 BBP

• Radar_Dude7

• April 16, 2020, 08:52:42 AM
    more
Yes sir, got it and replied!  Thanks.
AND I received your reply. Super - we know mine and yours works! Praise God!

1400 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
AND I received your reply. Super - we know mine and yours works! Praise God!

Thats awesome brother, God bless you.

6000 BBP

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Please vote:  Should we add ETHereum staking?

https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=757.new#new

6000 BBP