Bible Pay

Read 8916 times

• dfleming55

• June 29, 2020, 03:24:19 PM
    more
Wallet Export/Import Private Key
« on: September 04, 2020, 01:19:02 PM »
Hello,

I could use a little help.  Generally I can figure out these types of things myself, but I'm stuck on this one.

I initially started out using the Biblepay Android wallet.  I would like to export the private key from the Android wallet so I can import it into the BBP Core wallet.

I have the mnemonic phrase, but I am having a heck of a time figuring out how to get that to give me something the core wallet can import.

Thank-you!

---Dan

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: Wallet Export/Import Private Key
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 12:16:16 PM »
Hello,

I could use a little help.  Generally I can figure out these types of things myself, but I'm stuck on this one.

I initially started out using the Biblepay Android wallet.  I would like to export the private key from the Android wallet so I can import it into the BBP Core wallet.

I have the mnemonic phrase, but I am having a heck of a time figuring out how to get that to give me something the core wallet can import.

Thank-you!

---Dan

Hi Dan!

Let me ask MIP to help you, please hang on.

He is our mobile developer.

• MIP

• February 13, 2018, 11:55:52 AM
    more
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 01:58:02 PM »
Biblepay mobile wallet uses BIP39 hierarchical deterministic (HD) wallet.

The way it works is: it creates a new main address for each receive transaction, and a new change address for each change output.

Both main and change addresses can be found using a tool like this:
https://iancoleman.io/bip39/

But the official one does not support Biblepay so I prepared one version that supports it.
I can send it to you by email or even upload it to biblepay.org download area.

The way to proceed is:
- Run the bip39 JavaScript tool locally in a browser (should be an offline machine)
- enter the 12 word seed and select Biblepay in the coin select field.
- In Derivation Path, choose BIP32 and “Multibil HD” client field.

You should then see all private/public keys and addresses
use a block explorer to test both main and change addresses until you find several empty ones or you are sure you have rescued all your funds from the mobile wallet.

IMPORTANT WARNING: this method should be used only for emergency recovery of mobile wallet funds, before abandoning the 12 word seed for good. This is, once the above method is applied, the (Hopefully empty) 12 word mobile wallet should be wiped out and replaced by a new 12 word seed.

IMPORTING PRIVATE KEYS FROM MOBILE HD WALLET INTO CORE FOR DAILY USE PURPOSES IS CONSIDERED HIGHLY RISKY AND NOT RECOMMENDED. YOU RISK LOSING FUNDS OR GETTING YOUR FUNDS COMPROMISED.

• dfleming55

• June 29, 2020, 03:24:19 PM
    more
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2020, 05:48:31 PM »
It probably makes more sense to post it on biblepay.org somewhere so that if anyone else ends up with the same problem I have they can fix it too.

However if it's going to take some time to get posted, please email it or attach it here.

Thank-you,

---Dan

• Tea

• April 15, 2021, 08:54:47 PM
    more
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 05:02:54 PM »
I cannot get the iphone wallet app to sync to the blockchain. Will you please send me that tool so I can migrate to my windows computer?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2021, 02:27:30 PM »
I cannot get the iphone wallet app to sync to the blockchain. Will you please send me that tool so I can migrate to my windows computer?

Hi Tea,

Welcome aboard!

Is this the tool you need - it converts our mobile wallet to the desktop private key:

https://www.biblepay.org/mobile/Mnemonic.html

If you have any problems you can also email [email protected] and MIP will help.

He made me aware that after upgrading you should be able to sync, let us know, it might be the version.

EDIT:  I just pointed our dns1.biblepay.org record to our pool - please see if the mobile wallet syncs now.

Thanks,
Rob
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 02:35:24 PM by Rob Andrews »

• Tea

more
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2021, 07:25:55 PM »
Thank you! It sill doesn't seem to want to sync with my iphone. Its been trying to receive my payment for two days. I'll just move it to my laptop.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2021, 07:33:46 PM »
Thank you! It sill doesn't seem to want to sync with my iphone. Its been trying to receive my payment for two days. I'll just move it to my laptop.
Thanks a lot; if you dont mind could you tell us what version the iPhone biblepay app is, and Ill e-mail him this info?   He might know if it was before the last mandatory version etc.

• Tea

more
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2021, 10:54:16 PM »
v2.9.9.

• Tea

more
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2021, 01:16:28 AM »
You must have fixed something, my iphone synced up in moments.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2021, 07:40:46 AM »
You must have fixed something, my iphone synced up in moments.

Great, I think it was the DNS record then - it probably took a while to rebuild the cache.

Thanks.