Bible Pay

Read 417010 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Looks like we have 15 CPIDs crunching in Test!  Awesome.

Lets keep going, lets shoot for 50!  This way we can huddle together in a few weeks and make a determination call on PODC- to go with it in prod or not go with it. 

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
1.0.8.9c - Leisure Upgrade
For Testnet

- Added botnet busting rule ( provides debug info for us, but not enforced in testnet yet ) - this will provide info necessary to move closer to implementing the distinct CPID rule in testnet
- Added more fields to getboincinfo, to show the researchers weekly payments, daily payments, etc.  Also added the newbie warning.

Windows is compiling...

• T-Mike

• February 06, 2018, 06:12:58 PM
    more
1.0.8.9c - Leisure Upgrade
For Testnet

- Added botnet busting rule ( provides debug info for us, but not enforced in testnet yet ) - this will provide info necessary to move closer to implementing the distinct CPID rule in testnet
- Added more fields to getboincinfo, to show the researchers weekly payments, daily payments, etc.  Also added the newbie warning.

Windows is compiling...

Rob, my goal it to create 10 sanctuaries and 50 CPIDs, let me know when I have to update the sanctuaries as it will take a while so only when it's necessary please.

*Update

Do the CPIDs need to on seperate wallets or all on the same wallet is fine?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 12:55:30 PM by T-Mike »

• klondike

• October 10, 2017, 09:00:24 AM
    more
i hope that linux masternode will be working on linux classic way and now any crap gui  :o

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
i hope that linux masternode will be working on linux classic way and now any crap gui  :o

What does this mean?

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Rob, my goal it to create 10 sanctuaries and 50 CPIDs, let me know when I have to update the sanctuaries as it will take a while so only when it's necessary please.

*Update

Do the CPIDs need to on seperate wallets or all on the same wallet is fine?

Id like to have at least 300 RAC per CPID though so we can ensure real world testing, maybe just do half if you have 25 machines?

I guess you could put 25 cpids against one controller wallet if you want, it will help immensely...

• T-Mike

more
Id like to have at least 300 RAC per CPID though so we can ensure real world testing, maybe just do half if you have 25 machines?

I guess you could put 25 cpids against one controller wallet if you want, it will help immensely...

I will tie them to the same wallet. 300 RAC is going to be a difficult though.

*Update
How do you add multiple Rosetta accounts? I tried adding one and it said invalid credentials.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 02:10:16 PM by T-Mike »

• klondike

• October 10, 2017, 09:00:24 AM
    more
What does this mean?
im read something about linux wallet-gui with xfce,kde etc .... for what omg?

• T-Mike

more

That's for setting up linux with GUI for running the wallet with -qt.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
I will tie them to the same wallet. 300 RAC is going to be a difficult though.

*Update
How do you add multiple Rosetta accounts? I tried adding one and it said invalid credentials.

You would have to actually make 25 rosetta accounts, lol.
Because otherwise, you will be adding instances to one CPID.

Once you have a second Rosetta account, you can associate another CPID to your biblepay wallet (I have 2 running now).

Must have been a bad set of credentials.
Try logging into Rosetta Web URI with them.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more

Yeah, we are going to require half of the prod network to run masternodes in ./biblepay-qt (GUI) mode, until we can find another way to perform the QT function in headless.  Its important we leave it as-is so the exchanges dont get mad.  Its a big deal, because I was already talking to Bittrex about this a couple years ago, and they will actually deny the coin to be listed there if we were to add a "questionable" dependency to the headless side.

So for now our best option is to require prod sanctuaries, at least half of them, to run in QT mode.

Maybe Ill add a rule to not pay them if they cant execute the same QT function.

We'll see.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Yeah, we are going to require half of the prod network to run masternodes in ./biblepay-qt (GUI) mode, until we can find another way to perform the QT function in headless.  Its important we leave it as-is so the exchanges dont get mad.  Its a big deal, because I was already talking to Bittrex about this a couple years ago, and they will actually deny the coin to be listed there if we were to add a "questionable" dependency to the headless side.

So for now our best option is to require prod sanctuaries, at least half of them, to run in QT mode.

Maybe Ill add a rule to not pay them if they cant execute the same QT function.

We'll see.

I think what we will do is "recommend" a prod sanctuary owner to run in QT mode, and Ill make it kill the node (IE the node will die) if its a chosen sanc and cant process the file.  Then if the owner does not reboot it they will eventually not get paid or have to manually restart it.

• T-Mike

more
You would have to actually make 25 rosetta accounts, lol.
Because otherwise, you will be adding instances to one CPID.

Once you have a second Rosetta account, you can associate another CPID to your biblepay wallet (I have 2 running now).

Must have been a bad set of credentials.
Try logging into Rosetta Web URI with them.

Yeah, I already started doing that. Checked the account on the rosetta website twice, still doesn't work. Do you think it's because I'm using a + sign in the email address? i.e. [email protected].

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Yeah, I already started doing that. Checked the account on the rosetta website twice, still doesn't work. Do you think it's because I'm using a + sign in the email address? i.e. [email protected].

Yes, thats the problem, + and ; and = is found in the signature.  Maybe we will base64 encode it, but that could take a while.

• T-Mike

more
Yes, thats the problem, + and ; and = is found in the signature.  Maybe we will base64 encode it, but that could take a while.

Would it work from the GUI? I'm thinking no, it looks like it's how the variable was set up or something.