Bible Pay

Read 12999 times

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

• August 02, 2018, 03:22:01 AM
    more
Raspberry pi 4 2gb/4gb
« on: March 04, 2020, 03:27:35 AM »
I saw the other day that raspberry pi  lowered cost for  raspberry pi 4, 2 gb version to 35 usd.

So my thoughts were to get a pi 4 , upgrading vpn to dedicated  ip.

What you guys think, the 2 gb version strong enough  to be able to run a sanctuary ?
Joshua 1:9
Have i not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid;
do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God
will be with you wherever you go.

• Soengiac

• February 12, 2020, 09:56:23 AM
    more
Re: Raspberry pi 4 2gb/4gb
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 05:56:40 PM »
With the transition to add Monero along with Bible pay, it may work for a while, but not for long term.  I mined Monero with the Raspberry Pi 3b+ and it never gave me coin.  I would suggest making them mine together but not as a sanctuary.

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

more
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 11:11:32 AM »
Project is  getting along well, have bought all the necessery hardware.

Now i will just get some more bbp and then see if i can get a home sanctuary up n running  :)

https://imgur.com/VrE6upI

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 11:58:27 AM »

Now i will just get some more bbp and then see if i can get a home sanctuary up n running  :)

Thats a cool looking project man!

Let us know if it ever did compile on the pi.

I think the biggest problem it will have is the 256meg reqt for each block to sync, but - I think that is relatively minor, it might work if you can compile it.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2021, 07:51:16 PM »

Did it work man?

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

more
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2021, 08:25:37 AM »
Did it work man?

I never did create a sanc on the pi, it became a monero full node.

I have some future plans of getting one of those  Argon ONE m.2 case simply so i can put in m2 ssd instead of unstable sd card.

If i manage to tinker abit with it im thinking try and get testnet sanc up on it.
Its some pretty awesome little computers these raspberry pi .

Im also looking at the Rock Pi X with emmc module , having x86 and all.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 08:42:33 AM by earlzmoade »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2021, 02:28:46 PM »
I never did create a sanc on the pi, it became a monero full node.

I have some future plans of getting one of those  Argon ONE m.2 case simply so i can put in m2 ssd instead of unstable sd card.

If i manage to tinker abit with it im thinking try and get testnet sanc up on it.
Its some pretty awesome little computers these raspberry pi .

Im also looking at the Rock Pi X with emmc module , having x86 and all.

Wow it became a monero full node, holy cow.  I see your little sd ram card has enough ram to make the kernel run fine as a hefty little node huh, interesting stuff.
(Speaking of that I noticed the other day when I was compiling the mac, the mac watch boots up with some type of osx kernel too, and people can deploy apps to it, but of course we cant run a full node on a watch.  I had an FTP server running in my old car though, I had one of those dashboard mp3 players and hacked into the unit and had the wifi serving files from the car etc.  I also took over the screen of our old treadmill and had an RDP server working off of it so I could rdp from the treadmill to my workstation lol).  Im not implying Im out of shape and need a treadmill (I can jog for an hour outside) -- we just happened to have a treadmill with a screen for about a year.

Anyway did you buy the phone case to make a case for the pi as a computer or is that just a separate thing?

Yeah, I look forward the day you can run a sanctuary at home on something like a pi with less than 10 watts, maybe on solar power or something.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 02:33:26 PM by Rob Andrews »

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

more
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2021, 02:52:08 PM »
Anyway did you buy the phone case to make a case for the pi as a computer or is that just a separate thing?

Yeah, I look forward the day you can run a sanctuary at home on something like a pi with less than 10 watts, maybe on solar power or something.

The phone is just a plain old phone  8)

Yeah i have also been thinking about solar and things, its some intresting ideas for sure.
Would be awesome to see like 1000+ masternodes for biblepay, supporting the network and also sponsoring a child.
Some sort of tiered masternodes i think also could be intresting.
Still i think the 1 masternode 1 orphan is a great thing. 

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2021, 01:23:01 PM »
The phone is just a plain old phone  8)

Yeah i have also been thinking about solar and things, its some intresting ideas for sure.
Would be awesome to see like 1000+ masternodes for biblepay, supporting the network and also sponsoring a child.
Some sort of tiered masternodes i think also could be intresting.
Still i think the 1 masternode 1 orphan is a great thing.

Yeah very interesting stuff, running a sanc on sd ram cards as a full node on solar thats cool.

Yeah, I mean on the tiered sancs we just have to be careful to reward a fair reward for each tier, for example, since the full node has to sponsor a $40 cameroon one sanc, a half reward node would have to sponsor either half a child or maybe an SAI child (of course thats gets into complexity where the SAI bio is not even compatible with our sanc public key etc).  But I do want to remind everyone that we have fractional sancs in foundation.biblepay.org that actually pay for orphans automatically and there are no fees, so right now that is currently a solution for fractional nodes.  But on another side note Ive received many suggestions that it also helps to run a full biblepay sanc that does not sponsor a child simply to support the network and get voting rights.  So that comes into play for example for voting on the smart contract daily (in case say for instance all my sancs went down at least we would have a decentralized cross section to keep the voting up on the daily utxo contract).  Anyway in Harvest, we do have two tiers:  The full node tier that pays the full rate and requires a cameroon one sanc, (and now we also offer a second type of sanc - a tier 2 (in harvest)):  This type will get 250 bbp reward to run a full node and also voting rights, but they dont have to sponsor a child.  So, its a network only reward, added for the sake of decentralization..  Tier 2 requires the full 4.5MM bbp investment however, so it would be an ultra-low-roi endeavor...

Good ideas for us to keep on the top of our heads though as we hone down the finer points for Jesus and become a high-quality coin yes!

« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 09:32:16 PM by Rob Andrews »

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

more
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2021, 09:14:30 AM »
Im pretty excited. Some new hardware have arrived.

• Raspberry pi4 8GB LPDDR4 RAM
  • Argon m.2 case
  • WD Green 240GB m.2 ssd

I have had some cases for raspberry pi before , cheap acrylic case , flirc case for the 3b and so on. Gotta say this Argon one m.2  case is really nice quality built.

I will post some pictures of the case and the future sanc.

Once i get everything up and running i will do some updates, might make a tutorial "how to" 

« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 12:01:22 PM by earlzmoade »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2021, 08:03:21 PM »
Im pretty excited. Some new hardware have arrived.

• Raspberry pi4 8GB LPDDR4 RAM
  • Argon m.2 case
  • WD Green 240GB m.2 ssd

I have had some cases for raspberry pi before , cheap acrylic case , flirc case for the 3b and so on. Gotta say this Argon one m.2  case is really nice quality built.

I will post some pictures of the case and the future sanc.

Once i get everything up and running i will do some updates, might make a tutorial "how to"

Hi Earlz,

I see you got it all inserted once I quit hounding you.

Wow, that machine really looks cool!  I do find it pretty amazing that will run on 10 watts, and you can get 20 randomx hashes per second too, which is more than plenty to run the sanc at full speed!  Also Im impressed how much ram you can get on there, it should be pretty close to a single core intel cloud device or so etc.  On a side note, I paid a couple grand for a SAN just 5 years ago, and I saw a 1TB USB stick for something like $49 and it made me wonder if there are any network attached USB sticks (there are a couple on amazon) but of course the issue with those is they dont handle parallel IO very well, so it would only be good for a single user system (IE would be great for a video storage system for a household).  (I also found you can plug a stick into a roku, and use the roku as a household media streamer).

Anyway one other interesting use I found for raspberry PI, there is an article out there: how to build a windows 11 raspberry pi.  Its really ironic that windows 10 wont work on it but 11 will. 
But over 11 I think I would still go with your sanc idea (simply because in my case, visual studio wont run on a pi running windows 11, due to the processor architecture), although it would be a nice surfing computer for an extra room in the house etc.  One that could run on solar power.

Maybe you can make a solar powered sanc.