Bible Pay

Poll

What would work best for us in the Future?

Stay with BIBLEPAY
9 (39.1%)
Rebrand as Decentralized Autonomous Currency (dac.ngo and dac.ong websites)
7 (30.4%)
Rebrand as Digital Autonomous Currency (dac.ngo and dac.ong websites)
2 (8.7%)
Rebrand as Digital Autonomous Charity (dac.ngo and dac.ong websites)
2 (8.7%)
Rebrand as DECentralized Charity (dec.app website) (or decentralized currency)
3 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: July 04, 2020, 10:08:12 AM

Read 6295 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Vote on Future Currency Name II
« on: June 20, 2020, 10:08:12 AM »
First I would like to say that switching our currency name from BiblePay to DAC is in the spirit of growing the community and not blocking potential users who might view us as overly religious.  We are not doing this in any way because we are ashamed of the gospel; but instead to appeal to a broader cross section of the world first.

We can still keep the bible in the wallet, and spread the Gospel of Jesus in certain specific areas (such as the doctrine section of foundation.biblepay.org) if we re-brand.

Anyway, Jesus said the Gospel is for those who are sick and or in need (not for those who are already saved and sealed).

In our last vote, our community strongly gravitated towards re-branding in contrast to having dual brands.  One of the old questions was: Should we keep both biblepay and DEC, and the supermajority felt it was not a good idea to maintain two brands. 

The supermajority liked DAC more than DEC also (hence why I have more choices up above for variations of DAC).

In light of that, this vote attempts to hone in on the recommended currency name (and see if the idea is maintained).

There are 3 tiny coins with the ticker DAC already:  Davinci Coin and DACash (DAC) and DACC - Decentralized accessible content chain (DACC).  I think what we would do is hold a separate vote for the ticker.  We could possibly make the ticker XDAC  (none are taken like that) or DACBBP.     So for example:  We would be Digital Autonomous Currency (XDAC).

I prayed about this decision and I'm not receiving any negative response about switching from BIBLEPAY, but I don't want to influence the voters, so please vote.

Finally on the Charity vs Non-Charity debate, during the last vote more people voted for autonomous currency than autonomous charity.  This is another case of keeping ourselves generic (and not pegging us to the stigma that we spend all the investors money on charity or that the price will always go down because its all spent on aid etc). 

If anyone has a variation that is even better please post it and Ill consider adding it to the list.  We own dac.ngo, dac.ong, dec.app, and coin.ngo.  I kept coin out of this because I believe its just too generic compared to dac and dec.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 10:13:11 AM by Rob Andrews »

• Cryptoshot

• February 18, 2018, 03:19:44 PM
    • Ghana
    more
Re: Vote on Future Currency Name II
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2020, 03:12:33 PM »
This is right proposal at the right time, I think this rebranding will give the currency the needed free growth space. As rightly said by Rob, associated with the gospel is one thing that was good, but now making it open and stick to the protocol will make it best

• pururin

• May 31, 2020, 03:55:36 AM
    more
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 07:16:35 AM »
I'm OK with all the choices. All of them have pros and cons.

But I think "DAC" is a bit ubiquitous, specially in audiophile circle.
See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital-to-analog_converter

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2020, 12:19:48 AM »
DAC is probably easier to rank on Google as there's only 129M as opposed to DEC 2.1B results.

there already a company called xDAC though. https://xdac.co/

I was looking at caritas (latin for charity) but I see the catholic church already owns the domain.
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2020, 09:24:38 AM »
DAC is probably easier to rank on Google as there's only 129M as opposed to DEC 2.1B results.

there already a company called xDAC though. https://xdac.co/

I was looking at caritas (latin for charity) but I see the catholic church already owns the domain.

Good points.   

I think we will need to veer away from the XDC and XDAC ticker ideas with (xdac being taken by a website) and XDC being taken by a chain that is < 1000 $ market cap, etc (plus I see two XDC tickers on coingecko).   We can think of more.  DACBBP is good on one hand because it keeps our old ticker in, but it might be viewed as too long to be catchy so Im not sure that we want a 6 character ticker..

DAC itself for the domain name and coin name seems pretty solid so far - with the primary question being: will we actually grow if we do this.

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 09:12:52 AM »
can i made a suggestion , why not
Decentralized Charity Currency  (DCC) or
Decentralized Charity Coin (DCC)

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 09:57:39 AM »
can i made a suggestion , why not
Decentralized Charity Currency  (DCC) or
Decentralized Charity Coin (DCC)

Its a pretty good idea, but this decision is very similar to 'should we rebrand as decentralized autonomous charity' also, and the outcome of our last poll for having charity in our name or not - and I tend to agree with this - it potentially gives us a stigma that we will spend all of the investors money on charity and never rise in price.

So I look at this as A vs B:

A: 
We add decentralized public file hosting and data management (IE something useful to this coin), and c# features, and we have projects that give to charity.

or
B:
We include the name charity in our name and we only focus on charity projects (and we would not be known for technical features).

I think the problem with B is we stay small because people tend to give less in fear that the investment will go to zero.

Sure I would like to believe that we could be the end-times coin of the world, and accept 10% of the charity from all the rich crypto users, but will it happen?

Im personally leaning toward A, because we do have a lot of good ideas to implement in the blockchain.

If we go with DAC, we can still have our digital autonomous charity website and become more technical at the same time.
(IE try to appeal to both audiences) etc.

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 07:27:38 PM »
the concern with the charity in the coin name is plausible, can be a stigma.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2020, 03:24:15 PM »
** Update **

I do realize this whole voting issue for a future currency name has pros and cons.  On one hand I really love that we have created an existing brand that is 'sort of' catchy.  Although we still have a weak wordly presence, we do have a brand.  I think our biggest downside is our barrier-of-entry with religious connotations.  We can definitely work on addressing that.

Anyway, this poll shows a propensity to keep BIBLEPAY on one hand, but it also shows a desire to move to a new name (if we add up the individual votes for other names).

Lately however there have been many prophets speaking about various catastrophic things that are about to take place in the world.  I'm not setting dates, and I'm not saying any of these things are surely coming, I am simply warning everyone to repent now while times are good (while we are living in peace & safety).  The biggest warning out right now is that the spirit of lawlessness if coming over the world, globally, and actually starting civil wars and riots in various places.  The prophets say that around the time of the elections (November) we will see fires and riots etc. 

In light of this I think the best thing we can do right now is put this change on hold for 4 to 5 months.  I feel that we should keep an eye on the global situation and if we see that we are entering into Daniels 70th week (that is, the Tribulation), in that case we would imho, be better off staying as "BIBLEPAY" into the end-times.  BiblePay would be the best brand for anti-mark-of-the-beast technology (an underground blackmarket for trading), and, I would also guess that religion and the spirit of Christianity would increase, causing more interest in BiblePay.

On the other hand, if we see things return back to normal (IE Coronavirus dissapearing, no lawlessness, a revival) - these are all things that Matthew 24 says will NOT happen - as I want to warn you, once the baby is being born, it is prophesied the birth pains will INCREASE and contractions will INCREASE IN FREQUENCY until the baby is born (thats Jesus, ruling the Millenial Kingdom), but nevertheless, if we have peace and safety at Christmas of 2020, then we can pick this back up and consider switching our name to something more appealing to draw the masses in. 

Ill check back in around October or November also and add another poll that specifically hones in on a vote for "BBP" vs. "OTHER THAN BBP" also, just to make it very clear.
On a side note, by then we will have in-wallet coin-age voting!  So this will be a perfect candidate to get the popular vote result on this from both coin-age and distinct user.

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2020, 08:32:42 PM »
If there is a coin name change, would you remove the Bible verses (English KJV & Chinese characters) from the QT-wallet?
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2020, 08:47:01 PM »
If there is a coin name change, would you remove the Bible verses (English KJV & Chinese characters) from the QT-wallet?

I really think we should keep the bibles in and the verses in - for the sake of persecuted Christians in areas of the world who are underground.

I think we would want to have a completely agnostic looking forum and wallet, IE free of religious connotations, but still have prayers and menus for the gospel.

But I do stress that we should really keep our feelers out for the rest of the year and sense if we are in the season of the Lords return, as if all vision and prophecy is to be wrapped up then our priorities have to be on the Lord and not on improving BBP's cosmetic appeal; etc.

These are just my opinions on the matter and I welcome counsel from everyone.