Bible Pay

Read 6000 times

• lazysamurai

• June 08, 2020, 12:38:06 PM
    more
Atomic Swaps feature
« on: January 05, 2021, 03:53:36 PM »
I've noticed monero guys funded (and will develop) atomic swaps feature, between monero blockchain and bitcoin blockchain.

That would be interesting as a feature to BiblePay.
Atomic swaps between BiblePay and Dash. There is now a feature where we can pay Dash with BBP but it requires a minimum amount of BBP coins. Atomic Swap would be nice, and should work for any number of coins (if that covers the network fee).

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

• August 02, 2018, 03:22:01 AM
    more
Re: Atomic Swaps feature
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 11:03:47 AM »
Indeed it would be an intresting feature.. I belive the devs at Beam coin also have a atomic swap beta feature so its beeing developed here and there.

Will be intresting to see how things get worked out.  Personally not having to go to exchange to swap tokens would be a big plus in my book, not to mention the durability aspect of it.

Joshua 1:9
Have i not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid;
do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God
will be with you wherever you go.

• lazysamurai

• June 08, 2020, 12:38:06 PM
    more
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 05:58:40 PM »
It would be fine for me to even have that feature with dash.

If you can pay dash with bible pay, should be possible to do atomic swaps with dash.

The thing about paying for dash with biblepay is that is a limit on the size of payment. But atomic swaps should work for any amount of  coins (if the send fee is covered).

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2021, 12:38:30 PM »
It is an interesting idea.
According to the docs at beam, they have atomic swaps in beta now for Litecoin and Bitcoin:
https://medium.com/beam-mw/tagged/atomic-swap

I think the biggest hurdle to integrating this is needing to run a full Dash node alongside a full BBP node in a channel, and provide liquidity.
If my plate was not so full, Id look more into this this year, but honestly we have some very exciting things coming up that I have to address before the end of the year.

If any other devs want to take this on, be my guest.  Preferably with the resources to run the liquidity provider node, fund the dash, write the swap executor, and maintain the system.