Bible Pay

Read 15778 times

• oncoapop

• October 23, 2018, 12:31:17 PM
    more
Note that any time we have a mandatory upgrade, all sancs that are part of the current quorum will end up getting POSE banned.  This also happens if all of us have our miners shut off.  Yesterday for example I had a power outage here and no one was mining for about 4 hours, so we had a lot of members of the quorum get pose banned. 

Today, I have a single thread miner running on one of the sancs - so theroetically none of us that are at the 0 ban level should increase.  Im going to be watching that.

I see your sancs:  104.167.116.179, and 108.63 are both POOS banned.  The way you can tell if you are POOS, or POSE, or both is:  700=POOS, 100=POSE, 800 = BOTH.
I see your two POOS banned sancs are both POOS+POSE banned (thats good) because they didnt pay their theoretical orphanage bill.

Ill set 104.167.108.63 as PAID now: OK 63 is paid.  Please revive it now.

Thats good you got the code -25 earlier, when trying to revive the POOS banned sancs.  Thats correct, people cant revive them unless the bill is paid first (this keeps people from slipping in and out and getting half paid by sending 15 revivals per month and tricking us).

Yes, I see you revived 45.62.240.90 earlier.  Good.  The "protx-dup' just means you sent a duplicate revival tx before the network fully processed the other one.  That doesnt hurt anything.  I think it takes about 2-3 confirms for us to all see the revival occur.

So far this test case (for cameroon one orphan-banning vs revival) has passed for me and for you.

Let me know if you have problems testing the test cases I posted in the OP post.

I dont know if you run the QT wallet or not.

On a side note, do you like the idea of POOS?  Didnt see any comments about it in the POOS thread.  How do you feel about sanc owners paying for an orphan?

1. Thank you.  104.167.108.63 has been revived.

2. 104.167.116.179
still  error code: -25

3. Just a quick reflection on the POOS.
a. It does place an extra burden on the sanc owners. They need to keep their servers running 24/7 or else get PoSE banned and also keep up Orphan payment or else get POOS banned.
b. Secondly, I presume that that orphan payments will be fixed in USD? Unless there are specific channels set up, frequently small payments in other than USD usually incur transaction fees which can add up. I personally support charities abroad and that is often a real problem.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
1. Thank you.  104.167.108.63 has been revived.

2. 104.167.116.179
still  error code: -25

3. Just a quick reflection on the POOS.
a. It does place an extra burden on the sanc owners. They need to keep their servers running 24/7 or else get PoSE banned and also keep up Orphan payment or else get POOS banned.
b. Secondly, I presume that that orphan payments will be fixed in USD? Unless there are specific channels set up, frequently small payments in other than USD usually incur transaction fees which can add up. I personally support charities abroad and that is often a real problem.

On 108.63, good, it seems that works as expected then.
On 116.179, good, that is because (as per my original message about marking two of your sancs as unpaid) this one is still set as unpaid.  I just went ahead and set it to paid, so please revive it when you get a chance and see if payments start back up.

On POOS, thanks for the advice:
The payments for POOS are set at $40 USD per month, but are accepted in Paypal, BBP, BTC, XRP, so afaik paypal-intl does not charge any fees  -  so you are only on the hook for intl conversion rate risk.
However remember, in our world, you will be compensated for all of the child sponsorship in BBP Sanc rewards, since our sanc count will drop from 251 to 50 or so - therefore theoretically a sanc owner will receive a much higher reward per month after this starts. 

I'll take a look at the OP post and post some of the test case results.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Test Case:

- APM (Automatic Price Mooning)
     Verify the subsidy is 7 if an APM decrease event occurs day-over-day
     Verify the subsidy is normal if the price is unchanged, or if the APM increase event occurs day-over-day

1.  Verified that when the price stayed stagnant or dropped day-over-day (this was 7-25-2020), the subsidy did drop from 4283 to 3 bbp.  PASS
2.  Verified that when the price increased (7-26-2020), the subsidy rose from 3 bbp back to 4283.  PASS
3.  Verified the contract contains the price change signal (1,2,3) and the bbp price in satoshi: PASS
4.  Verified the UI contains the relevant info (Current Price, Last Price, Last Superblock Height, Current superblock height, next APM signal) : PASS
5.  Verify the chain can sync from 0 after a price rise and price drop (verify we did not break any business logic) :  I Just resynced to 53769 :  PASS
6.  Verify Getgovernanceinfo does not lower the block subsidy during times of low payments:  PASS
7.  Verify the daily GSC superblock is not lower due to the lowered coinbase subsidy : PASS

Overall test results for APM:  PASS

Test Case:

- DWS (Dynamic Whale Staking)
     Verify the 'dws' and 'dwsquote' commands work as dedicated commands.

1.  Tested 'dwsquote' from RPC:  PASS
2.  Tested 'dws' from RPC:  PASS

ChainLocks and DIP0008:
     Verify that testnet LLMQ quorums are forming, and advancing
     Verify testnet LLMQ locked IX transactions occur automatically, and quickly (IE test autolocks)
     Verify chainlocks locks the block (getblock hash, verify when entire block is IX locked, then it is also chainlocked)

1.  Monitor 'quorum list', and verify 'quorum info 100 quorumid' contains a constantly new quorum of 3-7 sancs with block height fresher than 205 blocks : PASS
2.  Verify LLMQ autolocks, LLMQ IX, and Chainlocks sporks are ON:  PASS
3.  Verify a non-instantsend tx to the foundation in testnet is sent as an autolock : PASS
3b.  Verify the tx is autoconfirmed within 10 seconds: PASS
4.  Verify each new block is automatically locking every tx in the block: PASS
5.  Verify chainlocks is actually locking each block (getblock 53770, chainlock: true): PASS
6.  Verify that when we break the quorum, autolocks turn off:  PASS
(I broke the quorum by turning off all the miners for 4 hours)
7.  Verify POSE banned sancs in quorums have failed signatures : PASS  (quorum info 100 quorumid, look for pose banned sanc, look for bad sig: PASS)
8.  Verify our good sanctuaries will now vote to remove sancs who fail to sign llmqs (in testnet our min vote count is 2 sancs that have the power to boot out a fraudulent sanc, and in this same way we will
ensure this works in prod - this keeps the quorums running even if we have perpetrators acting as a sanc and trying to break the quorums): PASS

« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 09:23:23 PM by Rob Andrews »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Just reminding everyone:  No one has tested coin-age-voting yet.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
BiblePay TestNet - September 2020
1.5.1.9-Mandatory Upgrade for TestNet

- Add DWS (Dynamic Whale Stake) from the Send Coins UI (via checkbox)
- Add BiblePay Unchained (BIPFS Upload, Download, Encrypted, File and Folder support), Sidechain, and sidechain sync, and UI for sidechain block count
- Add exec bipfs_list, bipfs_folder, bipfs_file
- Modify Sanc payout to be 8.75% higher and monthly governance to be 8.75% lower
- Ensure our gsc contract contains the APM price (this means sancs will vote in unison for the correct price)

** I will be updating the required test cases in the OP Post Today - I will clearly delineate pre1.5.1.8 test cases from 1.5.1.9 with a horiz. rule so we know what additional test cases to test **

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Please see this important information on how to use Unchained in testnet:

https://wiki.biblepay.org/Using_Unchained

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Todd from Cameroon-One has gotten involved in testnet also. 
We have moved the testnet POOS domain to the cameroon-one domain as of Aug 6th.
We will test POOS overall status (system up, system down), a new orphan, the POOS level, and an orphan in non-payment.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Test results for Coin-Age voting:

Voted with coin age voting For the proposal from the QT wallet - verified that the distinct vote count increased and the distinct coin-age increased: PASS
Voted against the proposal - verified the "No" vote increased and the distinct "NO" coin-age increased: PASS
Verify the Proposals UI independent columns are correct in the datagrid: PASS

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
is the mac binary out of date? i downloaded it and it seems to show 1.5.0.5?
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
is the mac binary out of date? i downloaded it and it seems to show 1.5.0.5?

I'll reach out to MIP now and see if he will build it.  He said he has been too busy for anything over the last couple months.

• MIP

• February 13, 2018, 11:55:52 AM
    more
I'll reach out to MIP now and see if he will build it.  He said he has been too busy for anything over the last couple months.

Thanks Rob for reaching. This weekend I am out in the high mountains and have very limited bandwidth so I don't think I will be able to upload the binaries (and in Mac it is required twice, once for notarising the DMG at Apple, and another one to biblepay.org FTP site).

On monday morning I will be back to a civilised place and I will be able to get it ready.
Sorry for the delay and the inconveniences..

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Thanks Rob for reaching. This weekend I am out in the high mountains and have very limited bandwidth so I don't think I will be able to upload the binaries (and in Mac it is required twice, once for notarising the DMG at Apple, and another one to biblepay.org FTP site).

On monday morning I will be back to a civilised place and I will be able to get it ready.
Sorry for the delay and the inconveniences..

That sounds great!

• orbis

• February 08, 2018, 04:37:14 PM
    more
Hi all,
sorry for not be here for a longer time, but I have busy time at home and work :) :(
But I'm still keeping an eye on BBP :)
Today I have try to read, what will be changed in next mandatory and I'm little bit confused.
Rob, can you please try to explain me what and will be changed?
As I read it, I get that there will be POOS, but I have few question.
POOS will be here instead of PODC, so it won't be necceccary use PC power to take rewards?
What is the lowest possible donation to POOS? Or it still 38$?
I'm asking, because my payment for my VPSs is 12€/month and that is maximum what I'm possible to invest monthly. Does it mean, that I won't be able to mine?
How will be POOS connected to sanctuary? Will it be necceccary to donate for sanctuary rewards too?
How will be the rewards (payouts) changed?
Will be the coin name changed (BBP to DAI)?

Once again, I'm sorry, that I didn't helped in testnet this time.
Thanks.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Hi all,
sorry for not be here for a longer time, but I have busy time at home and work :) :(
But I'm still keeping an eye on BBP :)
Today I have try to read, what will be changed in next mandatory and I'm little bit confused.
Rob, can you please try to explain me what and will be changed?
As I read it, I get that there will be POOS, but I have few question.
POOS will be here instead of PODC, so it won't be necceccary use PC power to take rewards?
What is the lowest possible donation to POOS? Or it still 38$?
I'm asking, because my payment for my VPSs is 12€/month and that is maximum what I'm possible to invest monthly. Does it mean, that I won't be able to mine?
How will be POOS connected to sanctuary? Will it be necceccary to donate for sanctuary rewards too?
How will be the rewards (payouts) changed?
Will be the coin name changed (BBP to DAI)?

Once again, I'm sorry, that I didn't helped in testnet this time.
Thanks.

Hi Orbis, its nice to see you have been hanging around!  No problem--

So, we are not retiring PODC, so you can still receive PODC and RandomX rewards.

POOS simply requires all the existing sanctuaries to re-lock their capital, and sponsor a Cameroon-One orphan for $40 a month in order to receive sanctuary rewards.  (Otherwise they get POOS banned in the sanctuary list).

You still have to keep the machine sending GSC stakes for PODC though daily (but of course for POOS, you dont need to power up your home PC, but you need to have a dedicated sanc running instead).

As far as POOS being connected to a sanc, take a look at the QT testnet sanc list.  Cameroon one will make a bio for each sanctuary.  If it exists, the sanc gets paid.  If it does not exist, the sanc starts getting banned, etc.  Cameroon will EDIT the bio if the user falls behind in payments.

Sancs pay a dynamic reward (depending on how many exist) so I believe that completely answers that question, but let me know.

I added a blurb in the DAC (coin-name) discussion thread that I think we should wait and put that decision off for 6 months.  At this point I personally lean a little tiny bit more to BiblePay again, based on our existing reputation we have built up.  The votes for it were really mostly neutral.

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
Is creating a sanctuary harder since moving to newer DASH code?
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ