Bible Pay

Read 414002 times

The active chain is always the longest chain.  Somebody was smart and saw the only thing preventing upgraded node from connecting to old nodes was to check the version number (which can be changed easily).

The "old chain" was the longest/chain with the most work so it became the active chains. Upgraded nodes are now on that chain or stuck depending on circumstances.

On top of that, I haven't been following PoDC much I guess PoBH seems to still be accepted by "upgraded" nodes so they're accepting these blocks.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 08:17:15 AM by Alex »

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
Did you check the block height for all 3?

I'm on height 33380.

09:11:43

getblockhash 33380

09:11:43

62e1c04282bb448cc3e51eab8e3a254e9b4ead3273878b1cb8c6d34cc4c921b8

The blocks stated are the blockheights, so it seems to are on an other chain too... Or certain chains just stall at certain points.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
Looks like somebody was "smart" and connected to an upgraded node from the "other chain". Since it's the same protocol but is/was/has the longest chain, the upgraded nodes now took all these blocks in or may be stuck I guess depending on your situation.
Or more like "stupid", as anyone who created a fraudulent client to "help" the botnet in my opinion is a traitor, and practices dissent.

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
The active chain is always the longest chain.  Somebody was smart and saw the only thing preventing upgraded node from connecting to old nodes was to check the version number (which can be changed easily).

The "old chain" was the longest/chain with the most work so it became the active chains. Upgraded nodes are now on that chain or stuck depending on circumstances.

On top of that, I haven't been following PoDC much I guess PoBH seems to still be accepted by "upgraded" nodes so they're accepting these blocks.

I thought that the older wallets had different protocol versions. Or has that nothing to do with this?

• T-Mike

• February 06, 2018, 06:12:58 PM
    more
Or more like "stupid", as anyone who created a fraudulent client to "help" the botnet in my opinion is a traitor, and practices dissent.

So should I be banning peers with height greater then 33400 or should i just let it play out? But it's crashing my masternode.

I thought that the older wallets had different protocol versions. Or has that nothing to do with this?

The protocol version is just a number. It can't really be enforced.

We don't really agree on the definition of botnet so I don't really want to comment on that. However, I think it could have been expected since it can really be changed -edit: adding "easily"- and can't really be enforced. The "botnet" or someone is using a custom miner only caring about the protocol but ignoring the protocol number if you remember. 
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 08:35:45 AM by Alex »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
I finally see my CPID after confirmations started working. However I want to separate the controller wallet for PoDC from the MN controller one, to another windows machine.

Can I run QT wallet on a new windows machine and re-associate to Rosetta, or do I have to "un-link" the current association first?
Thank you

I would recommend waiting til we have one chain, and maybe at least 25 blocks in after 33400 first, but anyway, you can reassociate your wallet to a new wallet by just running the 'exec associate' command, with "true" at the end (that means force).

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
zap transactions worked for me! --zapwallettxes=1

https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/45988/how-do-you-apply-zapwallettxes-on-windows

Open a command prompt to do it, the config file option didn't work for me. All the transactions I made yesterday and today are gone from my transactions list.

I actually lost a wallet with 60k because i forgot to backup it up and now the funds are showing in my sendto wallet again! Praise God!

You can also just go to dos prompt and type:

cd c:\program files\biblepaycore
biblepay-qt -zapwallettxes=1

Etc.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Rob, while we are waiting. To get 100 UTXO, you need 50k BBP according to the wiki. What does the polpercentage affect then?

The polpercentage affects how much of your 'exec stakebalance' the wallet is allowed to try to stake in a PODCUpdate tx.

If you have 100,000 available generally then you could set it at 50 for example to stake 50K per podcupdate.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Ok so my MN in prod has been on latest version for 12 hours. I just got a payment. But looks like blockchain is divided because I see payment on Togo's block explorer but not Alex's. Also block numbers are different. Anyway main point is that we seem to be confirming transactions. I now have stakebalance!

Code: [Select]
"Command": "stakebalance",
  "StakeBalance": 110000

In my config file I have

so should be using over 50% of my 110k stake...

But!!!!

exec getboincinfo

My UTXO is only 25. Should be 100, correct?

We are moving in the right direction!
By the way, the 33400 block number is the one on the old version? Then we are only hours away!

It could be at the time, the exec stakebalance was low (due to the issue where we cant see that our chain depth is increasing (because our prior utxo confirmation height is so miniscule).

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
I would say that bot is already out of the "official" PoDC chain because we are getting our own confirmations (finally) and bot is 30 blocks ahead on its own chain. It can go on like that forever.

If bot tries to upgrade and hook to the "official" PoDC chain, he will mine by PoW until 33400 is reached (not likely as we are pretty close now).

I think the botnet was winning through 80% of the night, then we hosed them up for about 10 blocks around 5AM US time, now they appear to be hosing us up again.  (90% of my tx from last night were confirmed, but the PODC sent a few hours ago wont confirm).  I think we are going to be OK though in the long run!

• T-Mike

• February 06, 2018, 06:12:58 PM
    more
You can also just go to dos prompt and type:

cd c:\program files\biblepaycore
biblepay-qt -zapwallettxes=1

Etc.

Thank, yup that's what I did.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more

Not correct - the active chain is the chain with the most chain-work that has not violated any business logic rules.

Thats why the POBH chain (shorter) was the official chain for a while. 

Not correct - the active chain is the chain with the most chain-work that has not violated any business logic rules.

Thats why the POBH chain (shorter) was the official chain for a while.

As you can see from you own quote of my post, I did say with the most work.