Bible Pay

Read 52118 times

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

• August 02, 2018, 03:22:01 AM
    more
Re: February 2021 Testnet Thread (Tribulation)
« Reply #240 on: February 13, 2021, 12:14:52 PM »
I replied to some of the emails yesterday and the first issue is no one was mining so I see now why they didnt go out - my block didnt pass - so you guys should get my yesterday emails.
Regarding the ones from Before this mandatory upgrade, the hash has changed so that explains why those are no longer on the network (since the sancs were offline, they were not saved to disk).

So theoretically you guys should get yesterdays and todays from me now?

Indeed i have received mails from you Rob.
15001 and 13004 also today i received "Re 14000 and email 15005 and 15001-15009 so i think i have received all your emails.

and i replied to 15005 a few minutes ago.
Joshua 1:9
Have i not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid;
do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God
will be with you wherever you go.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #241 on: February 13, 2021, 12:27:00 PM »
15001 and 13004 also today i received "Re 14000 and email 15005 and 15001-15009 so i think i have received all your emails.

Nice, got them!  Yeah I think we just had the bottleneck with the sancs down.

Sweet, Im excited to go live soon.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #242 on: February 13, 2021, 12:29:19 PM »
So here is what I have so far, does anyone have any suggestions for guide changes:

Press Release:
http://foundation.biblepay.org/Press/PressRelease1545.htm

Mandatory Upgrade:
https://wiki.biblepay.org/Mandatory_Upgrade_1545

The Mandatory wiki points to some other guides also.

• MIP

• February 13, 2018, 11:55:52 AM
    more
« Reply #243 on: February 14, 2021, 01:16:07 PM »

I received the  emails from both of you finally, but it took a few hours for me to see them.

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
« Reply #244 on: February 14, 2021, 08:51:12 PM »
So here is what I have so far, does anyone have any suggestions for guide changes:

Press Release:

Mandatory Upgrade:

Press release, all great points. Curious Rob, who is your audience for the press release?  Which feature do you think is most interesting to the audience? The technical jargon like UTXO mining might be hard to understand if it is for the mass crowd. People understand the concept of "matching" so I think that could be a wording to explain how you can use altcoins to get a match in BBP.

The Albert Einstein quote is great. Also, your bullet line items should match the order of information. If you want to push UTXO mining first, that should be the first bullet point.

Bad news: re advertising. I was able to get 10% of the money back, but the website I was using for advertising (bitsfree.net) the owner exit scammed. He gave me some of the BTC back (10%) but he said he ran out of money when BTC price went up and he couldn't pay everyone. Yet he has other sites... IDK
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

more
« Reply #245 on: February 15, 2021, 04:26:18 AM »

Press Release:

Mandatory Upgrade:

What can i say it looks all fine to me,  would be sweet with some additional pairs in the future like ETH, LBRY, GOLEM etc etc well thers alot of intresting projects

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #246 on: February 16, 2021, 10:56:21 AM »
What can i say it looks all fine to me,  would be sweet with some additional pairs in the future like ETH, LBRY, GOLEM etc etc well thers alot of intresting projects

Yeah, I totally agree man, would be really cool to get more pairs, especially since we had this inrush of buyers raise the price up on almost every coin.  Imho, its always good to pair a cheap-high-leverage solid coin with biblepay then someone can potentially get wealthy in the buy and hold phase.  Ive been too nervous to buy bitcoin ever since it went about $15k for example.

Ill have to look at the blockcypher and the oracle - Im trying to set some type of standard, IE a higher bar to prevent a tiny coin with only one BX from entering etc unless we have resilience.  Basically we want to avoid the scenario where snow hits and half of the US is out and the sanctuary oracles cant even reward the correct superblock for a tiny coin for example.  So far with DOGE, BTC, LTC, BTC and BBP we have a very resilient oracle set up (IE more than 25 nodes per utxo).  Ill put this on my list to look at.  ETH was a really hot idea but I just looked and its all the way up to $1800 already.  What a carnival.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #247 on: February 16, 2021, 11:02:39 AM »

Press release, all great points. Curious Rob, who is your audience for the press release?  Which feature do you think is most interesting to the audience? The technical jargon like UTXO mining might be hard to understand if it is for the mass crowd. People understand the concept of "matching" so I think that could be a wording to explain how you can use altcoins to get a match in BBP.

The Albert Einstein quote is great. Also, your bullet line items should match the order of information. If you want to push UTXO mining first, that should be the first bullet point.

Bad news: re advertising. I was able to get 10% of the money back, but the website I was using for advertising (bitsfree.net) the owner exit scammed. He gave me some of the BTC back (10%) but he said he ran out of money when BTC price went up and he couldn't pay everyone. Yet he has other sites... IDK

Hi Sun,

No problem on the exit scam.  Par for the course.  On a side note I had a microsoft ad running for biblepay for about 5 days offering 50K to 200K reward just for syncing the core wallet and Microsoft cancelled the account.  They wont even provide a reason.  I emailed them and got no reply.  I have a google ad running but for some reason its not charging me anything nor is it actually getting any hits.  Im thinking about changing it over to BBP Univ.

I am considering one of those cheap press release services - IE shoot out to 500 news agencies for $99.  Ill take a look at the services again.  At the very least we can use it to get a free article from newsbit.

Good idea on the bullet point rearrangement.

Regarding the term UTXO, I have very good alternatives but Im trying to stay away from banking terms (like ROI) to avoid tying us with anything banking or howey related.  The only term I know is "staking" that is very popular that rewards for holding long positions.  Not sure, Ill take a look at it but this is also something that needs to be pretty stable once we go live because it refers to the entire module.  "UTXO Staking" UTXO Mining, not sure yet.  I realize UTXO is completely technical and scary, yes.  Maybe we need a product term for the UI and the wiki.

• MIP

more
« Reply #248 on: February 17, 2021, 02:14:48 AM »
Hi Sun,

No problem on the exit scam.  Par for the course.  On a side note I had a microsoft ad running for biblepay for about 5 days offering 50K to 200K reward just for syncing the core wallet and Microsoft cancelled the account.  They wont even provide a reason.  I emailed them and got no reply.  I have a google ad running but for some reason its not charging me anything nor is it actually getting any hits.  Im thinking about changing it over to BBP Univ.

I am considering one of those cheap press release services - IE shoot out to 500 news agencies for $99.  Ill take a look at the services again.  At the very least we can use it to get a free article from newsbit.

Good idea on the bullet point rearrangement.

Regarding the term UTXO, I have very good alternatives but Im trying to stay away from banking terms (like ROI) to avoid tying us with anything banking or howey related.  The only term I know is "staking" that is very popular that rewards for holding long positions.  Not sure, Ill take a look at it but this is also something that needs to be pretty stable once we go live because it refers to the entire module.  "UTXO Staking" UTXO Mining, not sure yet.  I realize UTXO is completely technical and scary, yes.  Maybe we need a product term for the UI and the wiki.

Both announcements look great to me- Regarding using "UTXO staking", I am not a marketing expert, but maybe "Coin staking" would be easier to understand. Yes, it´s an over simplification for those in the know, but we´d better have complete newbies in mind for this.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #249 on: February 17, 2021, 09:19:05 AM »
Both announcements look great to me- Regarding using "UTXO staking", I am not a marketing expert, but maybe "Coin staking" would be easier to understand. Yes, it´s an over simplification for those in the know, but we´d better have complete newbies in mind for this.

Yeah thats not a bad idea either.  Let me pull it up in a couple hours and look at it again.

It might be possible to name it something like 'BiblePay Portfolios' and explain that it is a way to earn coin staking rewards, for holding long cryptocurrency positions.  The key to making it non-howey related is that it is 'self directed'.  Ours is clearly self directed in that the user picks their own positions and quantity before establishing the position.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #250 on: February 22, 2021, 09:30:59 AM »
I want to thank everyone who participated in TestNet this round.

I think we did a very good job this time in covering almost all of the code and all worked very hard- with much zeal.

Could you please keep this thread open for a little longer as I have an exciting announcement coming that involves even more testing?

Also please guys can you add this thread to your notify list:
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=517.new#new

And check in there in prod so we can test some production e-mails?

Thanks everyone!

Let us pray this version of biblepay is a success and launches us from #1700 to below #999 on coinmarketcap this year!

All Praise and Glory to God!

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #251 on: February 22, 2021, 09:50:43 AM »
Baah sucks to hear about that aws situation..I hope you figured out some sort of "counterattack"  Hmmm perhaps a seedbox would be an option for videos/media and having them as torrents. Just brainstorming ideas here.

If i had a roku i would try it out for you but i dont.
Figure oleds  will drop in price soon and snag one then.

I hear ya on the emails. I will update to latest core wallet version and remove mails from inbox and sync up again.

Actually Im happy to report that I think God is turning this bad thing into a good thing.  Amazon would not give me a full credit (they gave me 25%).  But Ill go into more detail when I create the thread for this next idea  - the idea has to do with a chrome extension.  Ill have to explain the nuances of s3, ipfs, and amazon header security in the next thread.  But bottom line is the greedy big-tech companies who censor us have overplayed their hand, and I think we can at least try to do something about this. 

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #252 on: February 22, 2021, 09:56:58 AM »
Hello Rob.
This is abit off topic but i was thinking if it would be possible to add https://2miners.com/  their monero mining pool as a option for the random x mining.
Why im thinking this is because they have this partnership with a mining OS called: RaveOS and then its no cost to use the os if you are using 2miners pools.

This would help out alot for people who have alot of mixed rigs, gpus and cpus.   Currently i saw RaveOS dont support cpu mining but they are working on it. 
Anyways just some thoughts i had.

And regarding this idea, again, if MIP would be interested please let us know MIP and I would be happy to help you with this, but I think MIP is overloaded right now at work, correct?

As far as the actual idea itself, Im really not against making BBP completely merge-mining compatible, IE pool-agnostic, just like DOGE is.  Think of DOGE's success - they rose from nothing to 5 cents a coin with a similar supply as ours.  But we have one little issue in our code compared to DOGE that makes us a little more nonstandard:  Our monthly orphan payments from XMR that collects the 10% tithe, this process requires a slightly custom pool.  I think the primary change that requires me to jump in is the interface that makes payments in XMR back to the miners is a static web link that is only compatible with minexmr.com right now!  Thats the main problem, if we add more pools other than minexmr, we just need more and more documentation and confusing links for the XMR payment side and that is basically what stopped me from expanding further away from minexmr.

But lets think of this from a theoretical standpoint, what gives us the maximum sponsorship dollars towards orphans:  10% from mining revenue, or a potential farm of distinct orphan-sponsoring sanctuaries?  If our price rose by 10* (similar to doge) for example, we would have 400 sponsoring sancs.  Maybe the XMR 10% portion is hampering our growth.

I guess we need to step back for a second and ask, if we standardize our codebase a little more and allow pure-merge-mining with no-orphan charity from the pools, and just put it out there, would we be mined by a magnitude more, or would that hurt us?

I firmly believe we did a great thing with XMR-merge mining to begin with however, because it essentially reduces our mining expenditures down dramatically, since the electricity is paid for on the XMR side.
  And our miners are guaranteed a base income for mining biblepay (IE we gain quality block security without the massive expense).

« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 10:00:07 AM by Rob Andrews »

• MIP

more
« Reply #253 on: February 22, 2021, 10:21:27 AM »
And regarding this idea, again, if MIP would be interested please let us know MIP and I would be happy to help you with this, but I think MIP is overloaded right now at work, correct?

Sort of. I can help with specific tasks within my current knowledge, but if I have to do intense research about a topic which is completely new for me, then it may take me much longer.

I don’t know what this development would mean, but I would be happy to help if it is within my means. 

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

more
« Reply #254 on: February 22, 2021, 04:16:49 PM »
Hello Rob.

First of all yeah that AWS situation sucked, 25% sounds abit low i think they could have been generous and give you a 90% discount atleast but what can you do, life has to go on.

But lets think of this from a theoretical standpoint, what gives us the maximum sponsorship dollars towards orphans:  10% from mining revenue, or a potential farm of distinct orphan-sponsoring sanctuaries?  If our price rose by 10* (similar to doge) for example, we would have 400 sponsoring sancs.  Maybe the XMR 10% portion is hampering our growth

Hmm yeah its intresting perspective. And i suppose even if the 10% tithe would be removed, the donation adress still could exist.
Yeah i recon the userbase would go up quiet abit  with  fully merge-mining.

Looking at blockchains like decred, sia coin , etc etc that was  "merge-mining" compatible in claymores eth mining program.  those coins saw some huge userbase increase...

I guess we need to step back for a second and ask, if we standardize our codebase a little more and allow pure-merge-mining with no-orphan charity from the pools, and just put it out there, would we be mined by a magnitude more, or would that hurt us?

Indeed, i dont think merge-mining is a bad idea, but more how can we get the maximum response out of it.  More users and more trading, potentially more sponsorships for diffrent projects are all positive in my book.

Stay safe guys and speak to you laters.

PS: Looking forward testing out new UTXO staking on mainnet!