• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
The BiblePay Foundation Web Site - BETA TESTING
« on: February 29, 2020, 12:11:58 PM »
Short Term Goals:

Expense and Revenue (Accounting reports)
Orphan collage of active orphans sponsored with clickable bios
Gospel Links / Media (Videos)
Theological articles
Prayer Blog (List of prayers that need prayed)/ Add a prayer / Prayer comments
User Account with email  - and optionally basic permissions (this is so we can notify users of a mandatory upgrade, Or, assign a user a permission-required function in the future, such as allowing a user who is responsible for adding Expenses to add an expense), but note most pages will be viewable anonymously.  User account register, edit, log in, log out.
Add blurb about mandatory upgrades to landing page/ make an actual lading page.
Site should be viewable on the mobile devices; it should also allow navigation, menus, and data entry to be possible.  Wide content and long content should not break the site.

Mid Term Goals:
Christian Dashboard:  This is a list of people you want to save.
Each person will have a status, a goal, a last step.
We will provide materials to help you achieve your goal(s) (Theological articles, illustrations, childrens cartoons, videos, etc).
We should allow each Contact to be guided through a salvation plan (IE a 10 step plan to salvation, etc).
The CRM type dashboard will summarize your ministry state, providing you a tool to become a ministry.

Long Term Goals:
Guest Pastors and Historical sermons, and pay to preach
BiblePay Charity Navigator.
This summarizes charity opportunities by magnitude descending (for our user base).  It allows outside donations to pass through to charities.
The actual design will need to be detailed in a PDF.

URL:

https://foundation.biblepay.org

NOTE: This site is still in beta, so please do not post it on our social media pages until we complete the first Prod release.

So far most of the items in "short term" have been completed - except the Christian Dashboard has not been started yet.

Test Cases for Short Term Goals (Phase 1):

- Test logging in and loggout out.  When you are logged in, you should see your e-mail address on the top right.
Note: Email addresses are not revealed to other users (they can only see your nickname).

- Test adding a prayer and viewing the prayer blog.
- Test Adding a prayer comment (IE, I'm praying for this, I feel the heartache for your family etc).  Test viewing the comments.

- Test adding an avatar to your user, and viewing the image on the blog.

- Test viewing the gospel videos, the theological articles, and the illustrations.

- Provide more landing page images, for example to replace the Lion (as ours needs replaced without the watermark etc).

- Give us any ideas to make it better.  Ideas for Christian processes are also welcome, as we want to appeal to those seeking the gospel etc.

« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 02:05:15 PM by Rob Andrews »

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
Re: The BiblePay Foundation Web Site - BETA TESTING
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 10:48:17 AM »
Overall, navigation is a lot easier than before. I'm on the fence about drop down. I think text links to the various parts may be easier to work with and friendlier to blind people.
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• earlzmoade
  • Super Developer

• August 02, 2018, 03:22:01 AM
    more
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 11:04:15 AM »
So i tested mobile version and did get only text maybe my browser problem.

Then clicked on desktop version and after registering seems mail adress show to the right like you said.

I like the layout , the "tabs" could need some tweaking like put them below main  button ,  bigger fonts and stuff for sub categories. In gonna check how it looks on my desktop later dont think my cellphone shows correct.
Joshua 1:9
Have i not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid;
do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God
will be with you wherever you go.

• orbis

• February 08, 2018, 04:37:14 PM
    more
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2020, 01:24:37 PM »
I tried it and on mobile phone its really hard to use it. I think it needs some improvement in this area, because todays traffic is made mostly on mobile phones.
On PC its working good, but personally I dont like those drop down menus.
To that login. Won't it be possible to login with forum credentials? I really don't want to create more credentials on one site...
I'm sorry to be not so positive, but I try to think like "normal" user and have it user friendly.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2020, 10:37:20 AM »
Hi All,

Let me look into all these issues now.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2020, 11:01:06 AM »
Hi All,

Let me look into all these issues now.

Ok, please go ahead and start testing again.

I will explain the changes to help mobile accessibility asap.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2020, 11:45:45 AM »
Ok, please go ahead and start testing again.

I will explain the changes to help mobile accessibility asap.

So this is a 'tad' bit convoluted but I will be improving the SSO flow asap, but for now here is how you log in:

Click "Log In".  From the forum, after you log in, click "FOUNDATION" which is on the left menu.

Of course you don't need to be logged in for most of the pages, but for posting data, etc.

(The primary thing missing is we should redirect you back to the foundation.biblepay.org if you came from there and logged in).

One other tidbit of info for mobile devices:
You have to click the top right menu-show icon to see the left menu if the width of the screen is below the mobile threshhold - to see the menu, etc.  This is pretty self-explanatory already.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2020, 08:44:39 AM »
So i tested mobile version and did get only text maybe my browser problem.

Then clicked on desktop version and after registering seems mail adress show to the right like you said.

I like the layout , the "tabs" could need some tweaking like put them below main  button ,  bigger fonts and stuff for sub categories. In gonna check how it looks on my desktop later dont think my cellphone shows correct.

Please re-test because the layout has been upgraded, thanks.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2020, 08:46:15 AM »
I tried it and on mobile phone its really hard to use it. I think it needs some improvement in this area, because todays traffic is made mostly on mobile phones.
On PC its working good, but personally I dont like those drop down menus.
To that login. Won't it be possible to login with forum credentials? I really don't want to create more credentials on one site...
I'm sorry to be not so positive, but I try to think like "normal" user and have it user friendly.

Now we use the forum.biblepay.org login credentials and avatar setting.  Please re-test.

Let's also test the actual functionality from the mobile (in the op post).

• orbis

more
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2020, 10:28:43 AM »
Hi,
Link on forum is working, but it didn't login me on the site even if I'm logged on forum.
E.g. opened link is https://foundation.biblepay.org/Default?u=&un=orbis but it didn't worked.
And when I click on login on Foundation site, it transfer me to Forum, where I'm logged :(

On the other site the foundation site and "new" menu is working a lot better then those drop down menus.
But on mobile phone there is some kind of "frame" on left side of site and it's not using whole display (orange rectangle on attached picture).
This frame is on whole side.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2020, 11:51:33 AM »
Hi,
Link on forum is working, but it didn't login me on the site even if I'm logged on forum.
E.g. opened link is https://foundation.biblepay.org/Default?u=&un=orbis but it didn't worked.
And when I click on login on Foundation site, it transfer me to Forum, where I'm logged :(

On the other site the foundation site and "new" menu is working a lot better then those drop down menus.
But on mobile phone there is some kind of "frame" on left side of site and it's not using whole display (orange rectangle on attached picture).
This frame is on whole side.

Ok, it has been modified to now allow you to login with a missing avatar, but, I recommend adding one anyway so we can test seeing those from those who comment on the prayers.

Please try logging in now.

I removed the whitespace also from the mobile side, so hopefully now you will see entire content!

Thanks for bringing up these valuable points, now we can start making the site work on the mobiles in the future.

Actually the first rollout, I originally planned on making a Login/logout process for the foundation because I was thinking about having a preachers dashboard.  And a mobile church, etc. 
  But it is certainly important in todays day & age (to get the entire thing working properly on mobile), so I went with single-sign-on using the forum.biblepay.org's user base.  That it actually a pro for the future though, as I could see us adding some cool features like maybe randomx mining - adding miners from the forum user side etc (if nomp breaks).  One other nice consideration, is we may be able to leverage forum.biblepay.orgs permissions (creating new permission names) for those who perform functions, such as expense liquidation.  It would also be very cool if we could link sanctuary owners to accounts (not for Tracking, but for permissions).  For  example if we want to make a sanctuary only poll, or, a sanctuary based paperwork process (such as uploading pdfs for the charity agent role).

So now having one set of credentials is also good, if we ever want to have a chat room set up inside the forum for example.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 11:55:03 AM by Rob Andrews »

• orbis

more
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2020, 01:48:14 PM »
Superb.
Now, I was able to login and to fill a Prayer request.
On mobile it's now looking good a it's working nice.

But after removing that "left banner" it's problem with site on PC :)
Menu is now hiding some side part. I think, that this was the reason, why it was there.
I'm able to hide the menu (with close cross) but I'm not able to take it back. Only way is to get back in history to previous side.
It's interresting, that when it works on mobile, it's not working on PC and vice versa :) :(

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2020, 02:07:59 PM »
Superb.

Menu is now hiding some side part. I think, that this was the reason, why it was there.
I'm able to hide the menu (with close cross) but I'm not able to take it back. Only way is to get back in history to previous side.
It's interresting, that when it works on mobile, it's not working on PC and vice versa :) :(

Yeah, you remind me now I think I put that left margin in when I worked it out on the PC's 2nd monitor.
Then I tested it on my dev machine monitor (which is very wide).

Ill look at that next.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2020, 03:07:58 PM »
Superb.

Ok, now it should work in a way that on widescreens or PCs there is a proper margin, but on phones there is no margin.

I also fixed that issue where if you close the left menu, you can no longer get it back on a PC - now on the PC the right Menu Revive option is visible.

I also commented on your prayer request.

Could you please see if changing your avatar updates the existing images in the blogs?

Thanks for the help!

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2020, 03:57:33 PM »
** Another test case **

Also if you all will please test the Christian Dashboard.

The idea behind this is you can insert people around you, that you are working on to get Saved.
So you can create a contact record (from the dashboard).
Then, make a historical entry each time you perform an action for them.
Then optionally, change the status of that person.

Please try that and see if the history works etc.

This function is private to You - so others actually cant see any of this.

Once you Save a few people, the Salvation tachometer should rise.