Bible Pay

Read 17727 times

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
BiblePay QT Windows Size too big - cant see SEND button?
« on: April 19, 2022, 07:43:12 AM »
This thread discusses solutions if your biblepay-qt wallet appears too large on your display, so large that the borders are cut off the screen Or if you cant see the "SEND" button when you navigate to the "SEND" menu (to send coins).  Send button is supposed to be at the bottom left of the screen (below the transaction fee). 

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: BiblePay QT Windows Size too big - cant see SEND button?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2022, 07:53:59 AM »
Problem Statement:
The problem is not in the biblepay-qt wallet itself, it is merely that the OS in some circumstances launches our QT application with a high DPI scale setting (usually 2.0) which effectively means the app launches on the screen double its intended size.  Additionally, the core window is coded to work with monitors greater than 1150 x 800, so if your resolution is greater than this, you should be able to make biblepay-qt work properly.

Solution 1:

Try this one first; this is the easiest change:
Click Settings | Options | Appearance:
Change the font scale slider to the left.
Change the Font Family to System Default.  Click OK.
On my machine, the entire window size scales down to be smaller and the font size scales down, then I can see everything.
Note, that the wallet should not take up more than 75% of your screen.  If its hanging off the end of your monitor (too big for your screen, proceed to Solution 2).

Solution 2:
(Primarily for Windows):
Check your resolution in display settings.  Our wallet works down to 1150x800.  If your resolution is bigger than this, and biblepay is larger than the screen then you are experiencing the Windows HDPI mismatch between the hi-definition dpi scale and the application.
Try this:
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-high-dpi-settings-classic-apps-windows-10-april-2018-update
The goal is to change the scale of the app back to 1.0.

Solution 3:
(Primary for Linux):
In QT, I have observed a double sized (high dpi) launch of biblepay-qt a few times and I think this is primarily due to having lost specific QT export settings for the current user.  And I've seen screen shots of Dash having this issue.
I successfully launched biblepay-qt with a 1.0 scale by doing this:
export QT_AUTO_SCREEN_SCALE_FACTOR=0
./biblepay-qt

Let us know if all 3 of these things fail or if you have some more suggestions or enhancements!

« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 02:42:22 PM by Rob Andrews »

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
Re: BiblePay QT Windows Size too big - cant see SEND button?
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2022, 02:43:45 PM »
Great news:
I just had this large dpi issue happen to me on my testnet ubuntu 20.04 server (I randomly opened the ./biblepay-qt wallet in testnet mode) and the wallet was double the size.

I noticed after trying the EXPORT solution above, option #3, it didnt work.
However, when passing a 0, it did work successfully.

I modified the OP post to reflect the change.