Bible Pay

Read 5880 times

Listing at Masternodes.online
« on: December 21, 2017, 11:58:41 AM »
Proposal Amount: 312,500 BBP
Proposal Budget: P2P

I have been in communication with the operators of the site and feel they offer a good service.  While their price is higher than masternodes.pro, they do accept our coin as payment.  To be listed they require .125 BTC or the the equivalent in BBP.  They were not willing to reduce the rate for us.  Right now (12/21/17 17:20 UTC), BBP is at 40 Satoshi.   .125 BTC is 12,500,000 Satoshi, so at 40 Satoshi that would be 312,500 BBP.

I feel they offer a good service.  The other site (.pro) was down for about 2 weeks this year, so having a secondary site would be good.

I've filled out the proper forms and been in communication with them, but am not asking anything beyond the cost needed to fulfill the contract.

• jaapgvk

• September 01, 2017, 08:02:57 PM
    • Netherlands
    more
Re: Listing at Masternodes.online
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2017, 12:08:45 PM »
I think this is a very good investment :) I just hope the price stays at around 40 sat, so we have enough BBP.

Maybe it's an idea - for future proposals with this character - to ask a little extra to compensate for price fluctuations, and if there's BBP left, we can send it to the orphan wallet.

• togoshigekata

• September 01, 2017, 10:21:10 AM
    • USA
    more
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 12:20:27 PM »
Good job jumping on this!

Im still not really sold on masternodes.online, why do they cost 6x more than masternodes.pro?

I think there site might be a little more readable, but Im not sure what makes up that price difference, especially since masternodes.pro ranks insanely better in google searches. (I haven't look into the different sites features at all though)

How did you guys end up finding them?

I still think its good for us to get listed on all the masternode sites, so although being hesitant/concerned I will vote yes on this if nothing better / more pressing comes up. This will draw in even more people to the coin :)

I also think you should budget in the cost of your own time doing this!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 12:24:18 PM by togoshigekata »

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2017, 12:50:48 PM »
I first found them when .pro went offline for about two weeks earlier in the year.  I cannot remember if I read a post or googled it.

One difference I believe, and I will get confirmation on this, is this is a one-time fee.  Whereas with .pro it is (if I read correctly) a yearly fee.

My analysis of this deal is that it is good but not great.  So if something else comes up that would be better, we should vote this down and I'll resubmit it on another cycle.  If we've got the available funds, then I feel we should vote it up as the exposure should be good.  .online has more coins listed and I think looks and works better.  In the short term, .pro is the better site due to market share, but I believe .online will be very highly regarded and could provide more exposure in the long run.

The way DASH handles issues with fluctuation in currency is this (using our coin and made up numbers).  Let's say this proposal passes, then 312K BBP go to the address I control.  If at that time BBP was up to 50 Sat, I would send the 12.5M Sat to .online and then be expected to do something "good" with the rest (my suggestion, and what I'd do is send the extra to the Orphan Fund address).  If the price dropped to 30 Sat, I would be faced with one of two options.  Eat the difference and fund it personally or ask for more funding in the next funding cycle to make up the difference.  What I'd personally do is, provided I had the funds to do it, make up the difference and then ask for another round to make me whole.

• togoshigekata

• USA
    more
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2017, 01:07:53 PM »
I first found them when .pro went offline for about two weeks earlier in the year.  I cannot remember if I read a post or googled it.

One difference I believe, and I will get confirmation on this, is this is a one-time fee.  Whereas with .pro it is (if I read correctly) a yearly fee.

I forgot masternodes.pro is a yearly fee! This is totally worth it then! I will be voting yes :)

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2017, 02:56:21 PM »
And I did confirm with the operator, this is a one-time fee.

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2018, 01:38:08 PM »
I advanced  the fee since the BBP price was better.  We are now listed at Masternodes.online.

I should have some "change" from the transaction, and will give an accounting when it is finalized.

• togoshigekata

• USA
    more
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2018, 05:30:58 PM »
Awesome that you did this! And also double awesome that they lowered the fee some for you!  8)  :)

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2018, 11:22:20 PM »
They didn't really lower the fee, they just quoted the price in BBP when it benefited us significantly (when our price was still at about 138 Sat).