Bible Pay

Read 9003 times

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
Re: Re-Enable Team BiblePay Requirement in PODC
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2019, 05:22:46 AM »
Regardless of if the system lets this behavior occur or not, it goes against what the system says it should do.  So ultimately, a user that was honorable would have said, "hey Rob, this is not working as you intended it to".

I think the real solution is for PoDC payments to work like this:

PoDCUpdate looks and sees what you need for stake given your RAC
PoDCUpdate does a transaction going for 110% of the necessary stake
The Transaction becomes locked
The next time PoDCUpdate runs, it checks if the locked transaction exceeds the minimum required for your RAC, if so, no new transaction, if not, it does a new transaction

When the Payment is triggered, it ensures that all transactions for stake are still locked (much like with a MN payout).

I think you technically only need 90% to get 100% reward (e.g. 20 BBP for 1 RAC). So, I think the ceiling could be 100% and you already have a 10% buffer.
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ

• sunk818
  • Global Moderator

• April 24, 2018, 02:02:20 PM
    more
Re: Re-Enable Team BiblePay Requirement in PODC
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2019, 12:40:04 AM »
nobody will be guessing who intened what, if you want something, write it down to source code

btw i have enough coins to cover whole rac, but i dont have reason to use them all

Why you don't stake more BBP? Did you put BBP in sanctuaries (masternodes)?

The exploit is being addressed and dev has right in the meantime to put in workarounds. It doesn't have to source code change. It can be kicking people off the team, warning people by DM, etc.  This is normal software patching cycle.  There should be consequence like you not being able to participate for one month, so honest miners can recover what they lost from you. Or you give back what you took. From there, different talk can happen.
BH6oxjLkyz3z8FYpvU3ZR7PTZ31Xt9DkXZ