• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• June 05, 2017, 08:09:04 PM
    • Patmos, Island Of
    more
BLOCKCHAIN NEWS
« on: September 24, 2017, 10:52:40 AM »
This is the testnet thread for :

- Testing Block Chain News (Add an article, View an article)
- Possibly: Viewing a Gui list of articles, Deleting an article, Editing an article
- Fixing Nanaminers double free or corruption mining error
- Baby steps for pre-testing of sanctuaries (primarily as since we will have many testnet nodes online this gives the dev a chance to verify governance proposal creation works, and create the web interface for proposal lists, and proposal voting)

To get started, please download 1.0.4.0 or later from www.biblepay.org (or build 1.0.4.0+).

Launch in testnet mode like this:

cd c:\program files\biblepaycore
biblepay-qt -testnet

Read this wiki page on Block Chain News:

http://wiki.biblepay.org/News

Start by creating a sample blockchain news article to get the feel of how this is done, and optionally publish one.

Note, that the first time you view an article, the images do not load quick enough and you may have to close the preview window and re-open it.  Solutions are welcome.

When you click Read Block Chain News, and enter the TXID, you should see this:

« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 01:31:39 PM by admin »

• svirus

• September 25, 2017, 06:05:20 AM
    more
Re: BLOCKCHAIN NEWS
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 05:49:34 AM »
Hi
I have a one question.

Did you think about some tags/language/category  filed in blockchain ?
It will be nice to filter some news.

Anyway... it's very very nice feature 

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 09:57:29 AM »
Hi
I have a one question.

Did you think about some tags/language/category  filed in blockchain ?
It will be nice to filter some news.

Anyway... it's very very nice feature

Thanks, well, all I thought of so far was adding a field above the news (IE if you think of hierarchies, we have blockchain->datatype->object), this of News as just a datatype, and the content of the post as the object.  We should do that,then we could do things like West suggested (have a mining guide in the coin) and the mining guide would be datatype 'guide'for example.  News would be 'news'.  Then we could have other things, like 'proposal' where we store an actual full text of a new proposal for something important like Proposal to fund Cancer Patient, or Proposal for IT integration for Debit Card!  Those would be cool object types to be able to vote on in -client.  But yes, in the vein that you suggested, we could have a field for Tags so then if we want to add searchability, we could search on lists through tags.  As a matter of fact, whatever "news list" we put in the coin we could just have a drop down on the top with the datatype in it, and then search on anything about anythign in the chain...

I think the idea is noble? ...  Exciting.

• Rob Andrews
  • Administrator

• Patmos, Island Of
    more
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 10:00:01 AM »
A little update here for everyone on TestNet:

I decided to modify the testnet chain to have 1 minute blocks, so when someone is actually testing, we can test 700% faster.
For example, if we want to mock up a proposal, a vote, a budget and a superblock, we wont have to wait as long.

On my local nodes, I had to erase all my testnet chains.  The code is out for linux but not for Windows yet.

Also, another major change is Sanctuaries require another piece of linux side software called Watchman on the wall.  Im working on it now, and will update asap.
This will allow us to test sanctuaries in testnet a little early (IE within 30 days from now).  Giving myself 30 days of time max to get the web proposal/budget working.

• tiras

• September 01, 2017, 02:00:09 PM
    more
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 12:00:04 PM »
A little update here for everyone on TestNet:

I decided to modify the testnet chain to have 1 minute blocks, so when someone is actually testing, we can test 700% faster.
For example, if we want to mock up a proposal, a vote, a budget and a superblock, we wont have to wait as long.

On my local nodes, I had to erase all my testnet chains.  The code is out for linux but not for Windows yet.

Also, another major change is Sanctuaries require another piece of linux side software called Watchman on the wall.  Im working on it now, and will update asap.
This will allow us to test sanctuaries in testnet a little early (IE within 30 days from now).  Giving myself 30 days of time max to get the web proposal/budget working.

this is a great news re. Sanctuaries .   can't wait to test them